JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Names and Faces and Memory Aids

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3020 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have a difficult time with names.  I guess I'm just so nervous/anxious when I meet someone new, that their name goes in one ear and out the other.  It's embarrassing. 569e4b3797cd5_Embarassedhideface.gif.5b6 

I always am amazed when our Circuit Overseers, and their wives, can recall our names so quickly and so accurately.  I ask them if they are using some memory aid.  They say no.  

I could never do that, match names with faces so fast...and then REMEMBER them all.   

While Googling for images of a United Worldwide Brotherhood, of which only JW photos fit (the rest made no sense), I came across a JW site by this name and this 2012 photo of the Governing Body, with names and faces.

569e47b6a8fd9_GoverningBody.jpg.889e0a0b 

I also came across this neat memory aid, that was posted there by Sister Lori: 

Governing Body-easy way to remember their names ....

I HERD JACKSON SPLANE to MORRIS not to LETT SANDERSON PIERCE LOSCH

The amazing monthly broadcasts have really helped us to become more familiar with Jehovah's Faithful and Discreet Slave.  Makes following our loving shepherds easier when we can easily recognize their voices, and draws us close to them as we see their love and devotion for Jehovah and his flock.569e4baf9d261_SmilingYES.gif.33f805e2adf

However, I still have a difficult time matching some of these dear brothers faces with their names.  So I am most appreciative of any memory aids/photos with names attached, that come along.

I'm going to work on  first associating the names with the faces and then I'm going to cover the names and try to ACCURATELY identify them.  I'm sure the I HERD JACKSON SPLANE to MORRIS not to LETT SANDERSON PIERCE LOSCH memory aid will come in handy in this regard.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I so agree with your thoughts here. I love that memory aid. I am repeating it & re reading it over & over so that I can remember it. 

This brings to mind the hope of everlasting recall as part of the lame (brain) that the new world promisses to make whole. For now though, memory crutches will have to do. 

30 minutes ago, timpin said:

Brother Guy H. Pierce passed away 3-18-14

That means that " I HERD JACKSON SPLANE to MORRIS not to LETT SANDERSON PIERCE LOSCH " becomes " I HERD JACKSON SPLANE to MORRIS not to LETT SANDERSON LOSCH " which still makes sense because Loschen is German for delete. 

Now, I will always remember Guy Pierce because he is not here. Lol

I have this picture that helps me with remembering them. Just have to remember that Bro Pierce is now in heaven.569e5c3d3852a_governingbody2012.jpg.7c9e

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

43 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I knew one had died, because we were discussing if he would be replaced.  

Just couldn't remember his name. 569e6a24d9c42_Embarassedhideface.gif.ce0

7-15-13 WT page 26  

Where can we find the most current picture of the GB?

As a kid I think I knew most of the names of all the kids in the school. Several hundred of them and no effort was required.

Dont get old!

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13