JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How do I upload a profile picture to my account?

Uploading a profile photo (also known as an avatar on forums and social media) is actually quite simple using your PC. At the top right hand corner of any page on JWTalk you will see your current photo and Display Name. Click that photo and you will be taken to your public profile page. In fact, you can click on anyone's photo, including your own, to visit a person's public profile page.

When you get to your profile page, your current photo will be displayed towards the left of the cover image, and there will be a little grey icon on the bottom left hand side of your profile photo. Click that icon and you will see a pop-up window with several options for setting your photo.

The following video explains how to add a picture/avatar to your JWTalk account. You have your choice of 1) uploading a photo, 2) grabbing one off the web using a URL, or 3) using your Gravatar account*. Watch the tutorial now...

* Gravatar support has been removed. Also, while we've changed the appearance of our community, the basic functions are the same.

On mobile, the process is very similar. You will click the Menu on the upper right hand corner, then choose Account, and then choose Profile. The little gray icon will be to the left of the cover photo even though your current picture is centered. Click that icon to upload a photo, and then choose the appropriate app on your mobile device to do so.

This is where some mobile users have some difficulty, as not all apps on your device will be user-friendly or cooperative. I know on Android, Files by Google works the best. I'm not sure about Apple devices. If you are having touble, a Staff member will be happy to help you. 

The community feels closer and more enjoyable when we can put a face to the name, and so we look forward to you uploading your profile picture here in our Jehovah's Witnesses online community :)

View full article

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Not by default. Those random avatars were served by gravatar. Currently it returns a blank image. I have to figure out a hack to get it to return a randomly generated cartoon one.

Even when I do, I think users will have to manually select "gravatar" in their options.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Well Tim ..  I can always choose a random one for you .. :)

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

14 hours ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

Not by default. Those random avatars were served by gravatar. Currently it returns a blank image. I have to figure out a hack to get it to return a randomly generated cartoon one.

Even when I do, I think users will have to manually select "gravatar" in their options.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Thank you

On 1/20/2016 at 3:40 AM, timpin said:

does this new software also randomly choose fun avatars like we use to have?

Those were fun?

Those avatars/Gravatars scared me off, lurked for two weeks before putting my toe in the water.

Edited by Old

Click my way out too soon.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

• 3 years later...
27 minutes ago, Carmen Endean said:

So how can I put a picture on my profile?

780380465_ProfilePic.jpg.3635e14295379a936f2f880b7f858f1c.jpg

Go to you Profile and click on the tiny picture in the bottom left corner of your "C". Click on "Upload Photo" and select the desired pic from your Photo Folder.  Take note of the maximum file size of .24 MB  The next box will give the opportunity to fit your pic to the box.

Edited by rocket

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

On 2/14/2019 at 4:02 PM, rocket said:

Take note of the maximum file size of .24 MB

I think we set that limit in 2006. Is that small by today's standards?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2019 at 6:13 AM, rocket said:

If you still need help, post a picture in the Confidential to Mods Forum and we'll see what we can do to help.

After being here for months, I finally decided to add my profile picture i.e.  my dog. But the picture was too big. I'll try to figure out how to resize the picture. However that is going to take a few more months. Procrastination is only good when preparing student talks. For all other things, it has been the bane of my life. 

Thanks for the offer. It's quite fun really, just clicking here and there, trying to find a way to do stuff. Usually end up in a dead end but I learn something new along the way. 

2 minutes ago, MikkiSoo said:

Procrastination is only good when preparing student talks. For all other things, it has been the bane of my life. 

Procrastination means you have eternity in your heart...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

30 minutes ago, MikkiSoo said:

After being here for months, I finally decided to add my profile picture i.e.  my dog. But the picture was too big. I'll try to figure out how to resize the picture. However that is going to take a few more months. Procrastination is only good when preparing student talks. For all other things, it has been the bane of my life. 

Thanks for the offer. It's quite fun really, just clicking here and there, trying to find a way to do stuff. Usually end up in a dead end but I learn something new along the way. 

Post your picture in a comment here and I or someone else will resize it for you.  I usually go with 150x150. Then right click and "save as" the resized pic to your computer and go from there.

18 minutes ago, rocket said:

Post your picture in a comment here and I or someone else will resize it for you.  I usually go with 150x150. Then right click and "save as" the resized pic to your computer and go from there.

image.png.e5dc29277457e4fac1e891fbeb654b2e.png

Thank you so much, Brother Lynn. 

On 2/14/2019 at 1:02 PM, rocket said:

780380465_ProfilePic.jpg.3635e14295379a936f2f880b7f858f1c.jpg

Go to you Profile and click on the tiny picture in the bottom left corner of your "C". Click on "Upload Photo" and select the desired pic from your Photo Folder.  Take note of the maximum file size of .24 MB  The next box will give the opportunity to fit your pic to the box.

8 minutes ago, MikkiSoo said:

image.png.e5dc29277457e4fac1e891fbeb654b2e.png

Thank you so much, Brother Lynn. 

Right click and "save as" the resized pic to your computer and go from there.

Dog.jpg

5 hours ago, MikkiSoo said:

I generally open the picture in Microsoft Paint program.  When it is open I go to the menua at the top left of the page.  One of the choices is "resize". It offers two ways to do it, I choose "pixels and type in the number. Remember to save.

I should check and see if the software downscales these pics now. That restriction on photo size is from a decade ago when things we're not so advanced.

If you still need help, we can upload the pic for you now that @rocket has resized it for us :)

49 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I should check and see if the software downscales these pics now. That restriction on photo size is from a decade ago when things we're not so advanced.

If you still need help, we can upload the pic for you now that @rocket has resized it for us :)

I'll try to do it on my own. This old brain of mine needs a bit of a workout. Not a priority for the moment. Thank you for your concern. 

6 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Procrastination means you have eternity in your heart...

That's my story and I'm sticking to it ...:)

Tortuga, you're real special. Thanks for making the rounds, to add your special kind of sparkle. 

image.png.2b7b35e8a5e91e2fd21fdc1acea7ea57.pngRe Ben Zander's passion for shining eyes. :grouphug:

8 hours ago, rocket said:

I decided against using that old picture. Too obvious and a dead giveaway to my identity. So I fished around and got a headless dog. Duh!