JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Need help in Toronto

My next big trip is looming large and I'm seeking help from someone who might have a little spare space to stash my van for six and a half weeks.

I'll be driving across from Washington and arriving in the Toronto area on May 6 to fly out to Paris. On June 23 I'll return to Toronto and on June 24 I'll go to the Saturday of the Regional Convention at Kitchener before heading back to the south to continue on the trip.

The vehicle to be left for the six and a half weeks is a Dodge RAM350 van. I can promise that we'll be able to tell you lots of tales of our travels, first the part across the USA and then after we've traversed 18 countries in Europe.

Oh, yeah, I did say 'we' there. I won't be travelling alone this time. That's because I've found someone to fill that great gulf in my life and we're going to get married on February 29. 

Edited by RaymondG

53 minutes ago, RaymondG said:

Oh, yeah, I did say 'we' there. I won't be travelling alone this time. That's because I've found someone to fill that great gulf in my life and we're going to get married on February 29. 

Congratulations, I am very happy for you and your bride to be. :ecstatic:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Visit the Grand Canyon North Rim if possible. It is not as well known, however is supposed to be much more spectacular than South Rim.  Another good place is Walls Drug Store. 

Depending when you are coming, just remember some northern states may still have snow at higher elevations and require tire chains with you.  Yellowstone Park requires them from Sept onward to ??

Travel in the US as much as possible. Gas is cheaper, even though it probably comes from Canada.

Maybe you could leave van at Bethel, but don't count on it. Bethel isn't that far from airport.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

2 hours ago, RaymondG said:

we're going to get married on February 29. 

You only have an anniversary every 4 years.  Good idea!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Something I haven't been able to figure out, mind you I am very happy with my pretty teenage bride (Wow that was along time ago!) but how is it that you old geezers always get the pretty ones?  :wub:

Again best wishes to both of you

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Peter, it would be nice to catch up with you when we're in London, can that be arranged? Perhaps go to your congregation?

I will be going to the North Rim this time for sure, I went to the South Rim in 2012. I will probably go back to Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park too.

Snows should be clear by the end of April, surely?

Carlos, please let me know if we can perhaps join you at a meeting in Madrid?

Richard... this is how it works...

You celebrate your anniversary on February 29 when it comes around. The other years you celebrate it on February 28 as it's the last day of the month. But, of course, as you reach the end of that day you realise that you didn't get married on the 28th, it was the next day, so you carry the celebrations over into March 1.

Jerry, I've had a teenaged bride, I've had a wife nine years younger than myself. Now I will have a wife almost my own age, and with a similar youthful outlook. We plan on honeymooning for a long time. It's a shame you won't meet her... this trip, anyway.

Ron, thanks for the thought and if I get near you I might look you up too. We plan to miss as few meetings as possible, that means we'll be meeting a 'great crowd' by the time we're done.

Sure, could try to setup a visit in June. Our convention will be over by late June.

Parking, humm. Could ask around. There is a brother from TO on this site.

Snow in late April in northern US. Can happen, esp. depending upon altitude and location.

Nope. Our convention is June 10-12th in Windsor at sports complex ( KW is closer to us, also a sports complex ). My wife can't handle stairs thus we may go to assembly hall near Belleville, Michigan.

My next big trip is looming large and I'm seeking help from someone who might have a little spare space to stash my van for six and a half weeks.

I'll be driving across from Washington and arriving in the Toronto area on May 6 to fly out to Paris. On June 23 I'll return to Toronto and on June 24 I'll go to the Saturday of the Regional Convention at Kitchener before heading back to the south to continue on the trip.

The vehicle to be left for the six and a half weeks is a Dodge RAM350 van. I can promise that we'll be able to tell you lots of tales of our travels, first the part across the USA and then after we've traversed 18 countries in Europe.

Anniversary gift every four years?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

Is that the anniversary gift that caused so much grief?  You know the one where husband gets something shinny that can go from 0 to 200 in 5 seconds.

Bathroom scale! 

Doctors say he will walk again but always with a limp.

Is that the anniversary gift that caused so much grief?  You know the one where husband gets something shinny that can go from 0 to 200 in 5 seconds.

Bathroom scale! 

Doctors say he will walk again but always with a limp.

[/quote

Man and wife out shopping together. He grabs a case of beer and puts it in the basket. Wife says you don't need that, put it back. He says its on sale. Wife says put it back. So he puts it back. A few minutes later she picks up some face cream. Husband says put it down. Wife says its only 29.99 and it makes me beautiful. Husband says case of beer is only 17.99 and it makes you beautiful... Cleanup on isle 4 husband down

Not this time, John, at least as far as I can see at this stage. We have one week to get from Kitchener Ontario to Fort Smith Arkansas (convention days) with (I hope) a visit to Warwick along the way. If Warwick is not open yet we will go to Walkill instead, but I'm hoping to visit Pauline on that trip as well.

Leave Kitchener after the sessions + an hour or two talking to people we've never met before, that night see Niagara Falls in the dark, camp close by and get a good look at the falls in the daylight. By about 1pm we'd be in Waterloo's DFO centre to do some shopping and then head to Interlaken and Watkins Glen. I have a potential business transaction to go through there and a brother to visit and probably wouldn't go much further that day.

Monday we'd drive along the I86 and get to Ellenville. If it's early we would go to Walkill, which is not far away. If Warwick is open for tours by then we'd go here Tuesday and then head down through New Jersey and Delaware to be in Virginia by end of day.

Wednesday I think we could direct ourselves more to the south and by Thursday be in John's part of the world. That would be good. Friday to Chattanooga to see someone there I want to get to make some bits for me, then we would be in striking distance of Fort Smith for Sunday morning.

Yes, we could do it with a couple of long days on the road.