JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The JWTalk Marketplace

Imagine please a beautiful day in paradise, the first rays of the sun peeping over rolling vineyards giving the vines a yellowish gold hue - almost like someone had dipped the leaves into gold paint. You have to pause for a moment to appreciate the symphony of colour unique to that time of the day.

Your mind dips back to market days in the past - when you attended markets - lots of loud bustling and chatter, enjoyable but always the noise of the city in the background, people seemed stressed and not always happy - produce looked nice but even fresh produce tended to spoil easily.  Sometimes when passing groups of people you might get a whiff of different ' herbs'  they were smoking and you had an inkling of their lifestyle - and in the corner there was always that one person who you knew to be either homeless or living in squalor.  

Your mind quickly switches back to the day at hand ... what a contrast, the birds flitting happily above you welcoming in the new morning, the peace that surrounds you is not only profound but extends as far as you can see and beyond. Your cart is pulled up beside you as you set up your table with the country style tablecloth which will hold your rich dripping honey comb and your fresh honey in jars you know your brothers and sisters are going to love. In fact you could hear in the distance chatter of children already anticipating the first taste of honeycomb golden drops of sweet goodness.  The wax from your hives is used widely to make beautiful candles, even used in artwork and beauty care for brothers of course as the sisters won't need it anymore. This is the first day of the JWTalk market ... a market set up by a group of brothers and sisters who finally has  the chance to meet ... face to face.  not just through  the printed page connected by the strands of the web known as the internet - one of the few real pleasures the internet offered back then.

Excitement was in the air, because yesterday morning a new group of people had been ressurrected and part of their orientation back to life and a life they could never imagine was possible or if they had their hopes had been realised they were going to attend our special marketday.  What a day this will be

Now brothers and sisters this is where you come in ... you are all invited! and  if you were attending this market ... what would you be bringing to sell, swap or exchange? It could be anything, but maybe not - let's see how diverse a market we would have.

Me - stone cooked pizzas with tomato, cheese, onion, olives, capsicums, chili. 

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Toilet paper and paper towels. We'll need for your chili pizza...

Ooooh please share your process in making these.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Adar 28th, year 19 of the New World.

Today was a good day... as every day are in Paradise.

We spent the morning helping the River family installing his watermill, the grinding wheel was heavy but we are stronger and stronger thanks to Jehovah's blessings. Our praises were for Him when the mill and the wheel slowly started to rotate.

We gave them a cheese wheel from our cart, before heading to the Market where we would offer/barter the rest of our shipment (cheese, bread, wine) for some tools and seeds. I'd like to have a new saw.

I like the Market, it's so nice to have the last news about the last resurrected ones. The resurrection is really something new for us, we are just at the beginning of the Millenium, but will we ever get use to this marvellous miracle ?

I have to put down my pen, we are about to arrive at the Market.

57 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

ignore this part for something reason I can't  stop quoting Richard.

Brother David ... May I have some wine in exchange for a pizza?  If you are after tools - my hubby Tom has a table full of restored tools we found while clearing our assigned section.  I think there is a saw there - newly varnished handle and shiny metal ... a wheel of cheese would be loverly.

My two horses walked away quietly after I removed their yoke, they enjoy the green grass of the meadow near the market. They also enjoy this occasion to meet their friends and their families. I know my daughter is at the market often to give some cakes and candies to the children, that was her plan when she was young, before Jehovah's day, now she is 25 years old and engaged. We have seen so many things.

I was finishing to unload my cart with my wife when my daydreaming was interrupted by the clear voice of Mandi, the pizzaiola of the area :

- Brother David... May I have some wine in exchange for a pizza?  If you are after tools - my hubby Tom has a table full of restored tools we found while clearing our assigned section.  

- Hi Mandi, I love to get one of your pizza with chili for this evening before our meeting. For the cheese, we have a fresh sheep cheese, you may want to try it for your pizza recipes. Er... I think I'll need to see Tom to get a saw.

- I think there is a saw there - newly varnished handle and shiny metal ... a wheel of cheese would be loverly.

- Choose the wheel you want. From left to right, from the oldest to the youngest.

I've made these lovely lavender filled pillows, sweetly scented and just delightful to sleep on.  The silky cover is woven from my very own silk-worms.  Imagine me! Spinning and weaving and creating crafty pillows!  Me, who couldn't sew a stitch in the old world!

Anyhow, this is just the beginning of my crafty adventures.  Tomorrow a sister who is a wiz at sewing will help me design, cut out and sew a whole outfit - those resurrected ones are going to need beautifully crafted clothes.  And I know the children will always need some new clothes - they really grow like beanstalks here in Paradise.

Now, my collection for the market is tied securely to my camel, and I'm off.  I can't wait to catch up with the friends, maybe try some delicious new recipes from others there.  I hear Mandi's pizza is to die for (or live for!).

Today I woke up early. Wow that never happened BJD (Before Jehovah's Day) The sun was just about to pop up over the hill. Its so nice to hear the morning birds singing their songs. It makes me so happy I almost shed a tear. Michelle is resting soundly so I try my best not to disturb her. She could never sleep in like this before. BJD she was always up early to get to the gym.  She worked so hard to keep herself in shape. Now even though I thought she was perfect before she is perfect now. In every way she is the woman I always saw.  I think she even grew an inch or two. 

I have to hurry up and get out to the work shop. I have so many things to load up for the market. Lets see Ya this spinning wheel for Lucy. She will be shocked. I know she works hard at making clothes so that will help her spin her yarns and silk. 

A new cheese press for David. I heard his cracked when he tightened it down a little too much.  He will appreciate this one out of the harder acacia wood that I got from Samuel the other day. So glad he traveled and brought that for me. What a lovely friend. I didn't want to see him go. He wanted to travel and see the rockey mountain range. Who could blame him they are so majestic like our God and his Son.

Next lets see. Oh ya I almost forgot the stool that goes with that spinning wheel. I just know Michelle will love that dress that Lucy made for her. 

Ok I need to take these Pizza paddles for Mandie She will enjoy using these. 

I wonder if anyone of my friends will appreciate these new wooden planes I made? They will come in handy for shaping wood and making decorative moldings for furniture or cabinets. Oh man Jehovah please help me with my memory. I almost forgot the bread that Michelle wanted to send to Mandie too. I would love to get some honey so Michelle can make me some Baklava. 

Wonder if David will have that 10 YO Cheddar ready? I can't wait to taste that. 

Hitching up the horses and climb on the buggy and take off to the market with gifts for everyone. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I've woven the wool from my llamas into yarn and then crocheted the yarn into baby blankets.  I'm hoping to swap the baby

blankets with the pioneer couples who come to the market.  

They put their ministry above raising a family and are just now experiencing the joys of

parenthood.  I'm hoping they'll share some of their more memorable experiences in exchange for the blankets.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

After showing the cheeses to Mandy, I opened a box with Gregory written on it. The old cheddar was very pale yellow. 10 years, it was one of the first cheese I had prepared to be stored in my cave, with a Gouda that was still going to wait 10 more years. I'd usually wait maximum 2 years for my cheeses, because I still cannot control myself when it comes to this delicious smells. And I know I'm not the only one in the family. 

This cheddar, and my Gouda, were experiments, and I was quite satisfied with this 30 kg wheel for Greg. In an other box, I've added a Roquefort, a strong blue cheese I was fond of. I always love to share these with brothers and sisters who aren't French... French... ha ! Old word, old world... In an odd way, I wanted to keep the old cliché alive, I opened the box to try the smell... Hmm... 

"Well, Jehovah would prevent me if the smell was to kill him, haha". My wife rolled her eyes with a smile.

5 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I've made these lovely lavender filled pillows, sweetly scented and just delightful to sleep on.  The silky cover is woven from my very own silk-worms.  Imagine me! Spinning and weaving and creating crafty pillows!  Me, who couldn't sew a stitch in the old world!

Anyhow, this is just the beginning of my crafty adventures.  Tomorrow a sister who is a wiz at sewing will help me design, cut out and sew a whole outfit - those resurrected ones are going to need beautifully crafted clothes.  And I know the children will always need some new clothes - they really grow like beanstalks here in Paradise.

Now, my collection for the market is tied securely to my camel, and I'm off.  I can't wait to catch up with the friends, maybe try some delicious new recipes from others there.  I hear Mandi's pizza is to die for (or live for!).

Haha trust an aussie to get a camel ... yesss can you imagine the ressurrected ones finding these beautiful clothes ... not sure if they all have houses yet but a market like this will help them start to build a new life.  Oh and I'll take three of your pillows please , one for me one for Tommy and one for an elder who used to be allergic to lavender. Haha. 

Pizza sales are a bit SLOW still waiting on the napkins from Tortuga.

3 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I've woven the wool from my llamas into yarn and then crocheted the yarn into baby blankets.  I'm hoping to swap the baby

blankets with the pioneer couples who come to the market.  

They put their ministry above raising a family and are just now experiencing the joys of

parenthood.  I'm hoping they'll share some of their more memorable experiences in exchange for the blankets.^_^

Ooooh can I put an order in for a blanket please? I'll swap you some of my brothers honey he gave me (I can get more).

Oh look I'm sure those two over there are part of the group who were resurrected yesterday - let's greet them I will give them some of my pizza (maybe leave out the chilli).

You know, it's such a pleasant day, I muse as I'm swaying on my camel on approaching the colourful market place.  Funny, I still marvel that there are NO MORE FLIES buzzing around us.  That's something that's been put in it's proper place - insects are such a marvel to study now, and no bities!

But I digress.  I'm meeting up with the friends, and I have some goodies to share.  Plus we always end up market day with a nice bbq (yes, I said it!).  So far, there are still some who enjoy their meat cooked over the warm coals, and some who prefer a lovely char-grilled vegetable banquet.  But whatever we are cooking, nothing beats a good ol' barbie!  I've made some fresh garlic aoli too!  It's going to be a great day, as usual.  Yet everyday feels exceptional, it's never boring, there's always something good to enjoy after our rewarding hard work.

Can't forget to put in an order for a new spinning wheel.  I know Greg's wood products are in great demand, but I'm prepared to wait - time is nothing now. He really knows how to craft his wood!  I'll have to give it a go one day too.  Start small, maybe design and make a wooden spoon.  Small, but useful....So I'll have to take his classes he offers regularly.  And maybe put in an order for a plane too, whatever that is.  But I'll learn....so much to learn....

Wow so much gratitude for the tools and the spinning wheel. I will forgive Lucy for burning my pizza. We are not perfect yet. It was still really good. I begged her not to through it out. We all need some carbon 12 in our diet. 

I will have to think about showing others some carpentry skills. But I really need to learn some Black Smithing skills.  Maybe one of the friends that worked on Solomon's Temple could help me with that. 

I will have to ask Jehovah to send one of them to me. If that is possible. Or try it. Maybe Jehovah will bless me with the skills he gave them. I hear Bethel needs some steel and iron products. 

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

I think I need a bottle of wine to go with the cheese, I'll text Noah and ask him to put a couple bottles on a drone and send them to me.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Yeah, Noah has really been able to find his niche at winemaking.  He gave up his passion back in the day to concentrate on doing what Jehovah's will was at that time (for which we are sooooo grateful of course).  But, he REALLY makes a good drop!  Now, after his public talks are given, he kicks back enjoying the fruits of his labour of his vineyard.  I know he secretly loves a good baked apple pie, so I'll pop one on his doorstep and surprise him.  That'll go nicely with his chianti....or maybe a nice white?

I must let Greg know, though that pizza is not my thing (yet).  Mandi's the pizza professionato in our neck of the woods.  But he really does appreciate me trying.  What nice humble brothers we have :)