JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Older Watchtowers added to JW Library

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2898 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

They go back to 2004 on my iPad Air as well. Shame they don't have the pictures, but still good to have them on. 

I agree that they will probably go back as far as 2000. It seems that perhaps they are getting all the publications available on the Online Library available in the app as well. 

My Android device has it at 2004, too. For some of us this may mean some data storage house clearing as the JW library app becomes more data packed and we decide to download more information for it. And then there's other apps and data we have on our devices. To you techie friends is there a way to determine approximately how much storage is currently required to access all the information on JW library app? If there were pictures that would be awesome... IMHO, I think thats a data conversion and data storage issue to get pics added from 2012-2004 and counting... But what do I know. Moderators, please feel free to move this comment to appropriate forum.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

My Android device has it at 2004, too. For some of us this may mean some data storage house clearing as the JW library app becomes more data packed and we decide to download more information for it. And then there's other apps and data we have on our devices. To you techie friends is there a way to determine approximately how much storage is currently required to access all the information on JW library app? If there were pictures that would be awesome... IMHO, I think thats a data conversion and data storage issue to get pics added from 2012-2004 and counting... But what do I know. Moderators, please feel free to move this comment to appropriate forum. emoji6.png

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

It would depend on the video resolution.  If you download EVERYTHING (video, audio, books, etc), it will take 50-60 GB of space.  I just did this on my 128 GB Ipad Air 2.  The Apple software and apps took up 10 GB and the Equipd, Documents 5 and other apps brought me up to about 20 GB.  Then I loaded ALL of JW Library.  I am sitting at 89 GB right now (but I downloaded the videos in 720P format)

I think the WOL goes all the way back to 2000, so perhaps the JW LIB will be the same. I still love having iSilo on my tablet even though they haven't updated since 2013 because the information goes back to beyond the 60's.  It can be interesting to compare how our teachings have been "updated" through the decades (resurrection, suicide, generation)

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

7 minutes ago, shali said:

(resurrection, suicide, generation

The resurrection of a suicidal generation?

Now that's an interesting topic..:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

33 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Because he is in a grammatical coma      :lol1:

Yo comma!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 1 month later...

I just checked my tablet...as I hadn't noticed them.  What I see is both the Public and Study issues.  Maybe the public was added later.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

1 minute ago, Brenda said:

I just checked my tablet...as I hadn't noticed them.  What I see is both the Public and Study issues.  Maybe the public was added later.

You're right. It was an oversight on my part. Both public and study editions are available, just without the artwork. Little by little, we're getting a complete Watchtower [Off]line Library for tablets and mobile devices. :ecstatic:

8 hours ago, leoperales said:

You're right. It was an oversight on my part. Both public and study editions are available, just without the artwork. Little by little, we're getting a complete Watchtower [Off]line Library for tablets and mobile devices. :ecstatic:

The part hat confuses me is that we did not get STUDY - ONLY magazines (15th issue) until 2008.  Before that ALL of the issues had study articles in them.

My Ipad shows each of the 1st of the month issues but when you touch them to download it goes through the process and then says "Installation Failed".