JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Photoshop yourself in others travel pics

Found this article quite amusing, and then a bit sad as well.  All she wanted to do is travel, but she couldn't afford to, being a humble farmer's daughter in Kenya.  So she photoshopped herself in some other people's travel pics, and posted them to fb.  Ok, so she isn't very good at photoshopping....

Gat.jpg.a78cfd83f390c14af79913ca79a46d92

There is a happy ending : http://www.smh.com.au/technology/web-culture/woman-photoshops-herself-into-other-peoples-holiday-snaps-20160328-gnsmsq.html

1 hour ago, RaymondG said:

This raises a question for me...

What is the fixation of having to have yourself or your family in every photo you take when you go on a trip?

Can't you just enjoy having a photo of the scenery as it is?

Someone once told my wife that a person should be in every picture, so she makes me pose when she takes pictures...gggrrrrr.....

Personally I think pictures are like salt, I take just enough pictures to enhance the memories of the trip but I don't spent the entire trip taking pictures.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

You certainly don't need a person in every pic...

If you're travelling as I'm about to be you take a lot because you may never go there again. "That's what it looks like in ------" pics. Put a person in it then it becomes a pic of the person with some kind of scenic background.

A person might belong in the photo, however.  Like this one:

22-1012GC32girlwithbabe.jpg.2df702cb0b93

But, for the most part, the scene is the subject...

22-1012GC30sunlower.jpg.8a33e434ddae135c

My stepson showed me his pics from England... EVERY photo had his kids, his wife or all of them in them!

"This is Shakespeare's house... doesn't  Bethany have a nice scowl in this one?"

I like people in my shots, and some of the scenery so I mix the two.  I guess I like to have my loved ones in the experience.  When I travel with my sister, she is more like you Ray.  She takes brilliantly composed pictures of the scenery and surrounds.  I can only take quick paparazzi shots of us as we pose in front of statues, fountains, or whatever it is.  I then take both our images and make up a small movie and that best reflects our little holiday together.  (Plus I can use those candid family snaps later and hold her to ransom....hehehe).