JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Jungle Book

Just saw the updated Disney classic The Jungle Book.  The special fx were brilliant, and to me I felt I was with Mowgli in the jungle.  Would have been even better to see in 3D.  I really loved the thought of living in the jungle like Mowgli, and hugging and communicating with the animals.  Nice new world stuff.  A really good movie, but may possibly scare the younger children with its realism.

mowgli.jpg.4779ad247e43e3d03beb8b3c97dc6

Yes, Sister Lucy I completely agree with you.

I took my Mom to see this and she enjoyed it, but I think I enjoyed it much more! :lol:

I love animals and the animals in this movie were so real, yet they could talk!
As I was in the theater and hearing different children laughing and really focused on the movie,

I thought to myself:

"Kids see so many movies and most of them are very violent yet this is what keeps them entertained,

but yet here at this movie the kids are just as entertained, but instead of laughing when a person gets run over by a car,  these kids are laughing at cute, innocent scenes of the animals! The children as so drawn toward the animals!"

Another wonderful reason to look forward to the promised New World because the children will not

need TV for entertainment but will be begging to go outside and play with the Wolves and ride the Tigers!

Of course I will already be riding the Tigers before the kids come out to play. :D

Edited by Beggar for the Spirit

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

The amazing thing is that this entire movie was shot in Los Angeles in front of a green screen.  The boy who played Mowgli had to act against either nothing at all or Jim Henson's puppets were used to fill in for the animals until the CGI department got ahold of the film.  There were absolutely no shots of a rainforest, it was all created from computer and photography!  Truly amazing! 

I was thinking too, if Jehovah frees all the animals from the zoo's at Armageddon, we will have species of animals we don't normally find on our continents and they will be able to survive!!! So even though tigers are found in other areas of the world other than the U.S., we could still eventually have a population of them here! Along with elephants, giraffes . .and the list goes on and on.  Man's love for animals is great I feel, but because of the fear put into animals of us, we could never fully express that love towards them like we want to, I can't wait until the day that we can!!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

1 hour ago, shali said:

I was thinking too, if Jehovah frees all the animals from the zoo's at Armageddon, we will have species of animals we don't normally find on our continents and they will be able to survive!!! So even though tigers are found in other areas of the world other than the U.S., we could still eventually have a population of them here! Along with elephants, giraffes . .and the list goes on and on.  Man's love for animals is great I feel, but because of the fear put into animals of us, we could never fully express that love towards them like we want to, I can't wait until the day that we can!!

Personally I think Jehovah will transport those animals back to their native habitat.  Give those angels something to do while the 144,000 are exercising Jehovah's righteous judgement against this wicked world. 

19 minutes ago, Shawnster said:

Personally I think Jehovah will transport those animals back to their native habitat.  Give those angels something to do while the 144,000 are exercising Jehovah's righteous judgement against this wicked world. 

I think Jehovah will transport us all together as a people at some point.. not leaving just a few here, a few there, a bunch here and there, one or two here and there. Brought together as a truly united people to start over. Just my thoughts. Maybe some beautiful paradise untouched Island somewhere. I have thought this for a long time... never heard anyone else talk about anything being transported by Jehovah (future time).

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

On 4/20/2016 at 3:12 PM, Shawnster said:

I hope not.  I don't want to have to travel half way around the world to enjoy all the animals Jehovah gave us.  They all survived just fine in the Garden of Eden so obviously they could survive all together in paradasic conditions again.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I don't think different climate regions are anti-paradisaical...however, every animal doesn't thrive in every climate.  Zoos created to support those issues with animals and humans need to maintain that.  If the animals were just turned loose, how would they eat or drink as much as they require (you know how much elephants NEED???), stay warm/cool, get to the landscapes, lakes, rivers, oceans they need?   The climate and land was much different before the Flood to what it is now.

I would happily travel to Kenya to see a giraffe in the wild.  I don't think they'd do too well in Oregon, though... :)