JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Singer) Prince dies at 57

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2857 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 4/21/2016 at 5:09 PM, Shawnster said:

Let's try to steer clear of speculating on Prince's current standing with the congregation.  We really do not know as much about famous celebrities as we think or feel that we do.  Unless we know them personally, everything we see, hear or read is filtered through various lenses before it gets to us.  

On 4/22/2016 at 6:20 AM, stuagu said:

Very sad...

A couple of things, one just to pre-empt things....  can we keep this thread free from rumour? It is already starting in the mainstream press and itd be nice for us to leave it there.  It happens with any person in the public eye that dies.

And although this is sad , of course it is, i wassaddened and shocked when i heard yesterday., but its good for us to remember that any brother or sister that dies is sad , no one is more extra ordinary that anyone else, we are all loved by our heavenly father. 

Christina love to everyone 

gu 

As I was reading through the beginning of the thread, I found these two posts that I agree with wholeheartedly. That is similar to what I was trying to say, although they said it better than I did. I am not good at expressing my thoughts, especially in writing.

27 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

...that was in response to someone saying that brother Nelson was a Witness...got it, thx.

Richard, I addressed this earlier. I mistakenly said Prince "is a baptized Witness." Robert corrected me and said he "WAS a Witness." That seemed like an unnecessary correction, but I didn't make an issue of it. I simply paraphrased the scripture, in jest. It was not meant to be taken seriously.

Edited by steadfast

On May 18, 2016 at 6:32 AM, Shawnster said:

Tim does have a point.  I'm  going to leave it open but you all can please stop bringing up anything about anyone believing or disbelieving or proving or disproving Prince's standing in the congregation.  

This means everyone.  

Time to let it go. 

every time the media flares up, this thread fans the flames

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2857 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.