JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

(Singer) Prince dies at 57

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2856 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Yep, confirmed here too.  He passed away at Paisley Park, 20 minutes away from me.

(Deuteronomy 28:3)  “Blessed you will be in the city, and blessed you will be in the field.

Being blessed by Jehovah is not contingent on location, assignment or circumstances. 

would have to be small and private if at a kingdom hall.

If his family wants to make it more less private then they would obviously have to rent some big place somewhere.   I don't even know if he has a family.....

From a dear brother:

"I know you just wined, dined and bedazzled her, but with the potential of the resurrection in play... watch that next drink she brings you! 😂😂😂😂😂"

Recently had anniversary.

BB King's in NYC circa 2009:c76adea00cff995ed9887c507a1cc5a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

A friend I've known for a long time from various Witness DBs is actually in the congregation Prince was assigned to.  Their Kingdom Hall has so much press coverage that they are moving the meeting tonight to another location.  Right now they do not know what happened and are instructed to tell the media that they are not in a position to comment at all at this time.  

Someone else on this sister's Facebook feed commented that they just saw Prince at the Memorial last month.

This is something interesting that I had never heard.

In 1 of the CNN clips from Brother Lynn's post, there is a brief interview with "Latoya Jackson"

and she speaks of knowing Prince since she was young, even roller skating together with him.

But she also said this to the host of CNN:

"You know he was a Jehovah's Witness?  he studied with certain members in the family"

So I wonder who in the "Jackson family" studied with him, it sounds like maybe several members did?

But I wonder if she is referring to Prince studying when he was very young with certain Jackson family members?

And then in later years he studied with the brother who was also a musician who helped him to baptism?

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

As I understand it, Prince studied the Truth with Larry Graham. I don't know what his status in the Congregation at the time of Death but it's Jesus job to judge anyway. The video above is from 1999. One can appreciate the changes he made in his life since then. 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I was watching "The Situation Room" on CNN; earlier in the one of the guests was one of Barry Gordy's sons (I forgot his name) was asked about Prince becoming a Jehovah's Witness, and he related how one morning he heard a knock on the door and when he opened the door he saw Prince dressed very colorful with mixed-matched shoes. Prince recognized him and asked what was he does here. Gordy told him he lives there, then asked what was he doing here. Gordy then gave a silly response how Prince said he was in the neighborhood and came by to ask if he would like to become a Jehovah's Witness. Obviously that not what he could have said, but people tend get to get facts wrong when Witnesses are involved.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2856 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.