JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Central Europe Branch respond to flood in Germany

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2851 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

In the last days the south of Germany was hit by a heavy amount of rain. Many Towns and Cities were destroyed. You find a video below. The Branch in Selters immediately reacted. In the town Pfarrkirchen 4 JW familys were involved. The Branch in Selters send 70 trained brothers, to help these 4 familys. Also the branch bought 7 dry blowers (in a value of about 10000 Euros) to get their homes dry. This will take a few weeks and then the helpers are going to return and continue the renovation. 

This is only the story of one town. I am sure that the other brothers got the same support. 

Edited by juliansan

Ack! Scared Releaved Quaking in Fear.gif 

A couple of  "dummköpfens".:uhhuh:

I think they got stormchasing confused with stormchased.Scared Run Away Run Away.gif

Edited by Friends just call me Ross

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Even in the most devastating storms, you find idiots! 

"Emergency service personnel are frustrated at the number of flood rescues conducted over the weekend that tied up valuable resources because warnings about entering flood affected areas were ignored.

NSW Police said they were at a loss as to what more could be done to get the message across about the dangers of entering floodwaters. 

Acting Assistant Commissioner Kyle Stewart said that, despite the constant warnings about the dangers of entering flood areas, two men have died in NSW."

3 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

warnings about entering flood affected areas were ignored.

NSW Police said they were at a loss as to what more could be done

Play stupid games; win stupid prizes...

Google 'Darwin Award ' sometime if you should forget how stupid some people can get.....astonishing. :huh: