JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The SHOE thread.

47 minutes ago, Hope said:

It's cool... our CO just recently talked about ripped up jeans as not being quite "the thing"... I don't see the point in wearing (especially buying) clothes that are worn out.  It just looks unkempt.   And "unkempt" is uncomfortable to me.

You don't like my pajamas? :(

very soft, really my favorite.

http://www.whatonearthcatalog.com/cgi-bin/hazel.cgi?ACTION=DETAIL&ITEM=CE0032P&OP1=S&websource=GOOGLSH&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=PLA&coupon_code=WOEGOOGLE7&gclid=Cj0KEQjwwry8BRDjsbjMpPSDvagBEiQA5oW0nITPh0bTWp0WI7_zMQqw--jbEy5NK-1EWj00I_gRcpYaAndd8P8HAQ

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Oooh... I LOVE those!!!  I didn't realize they were lounge pants.    :wub:

Of course, anything not worn outside of the house is fair game.  It's once the public can see and we're officially representing our God that a bit of care should be given. 

Friday I helped work on the Assembly Hall HVAC main units, the only way to access them is to use a steep non-standard code stairway that is accessed from the SKE dining room. I had to go back down to the workshop to get some tools and it happened to be the same time as the SKE students were taking their mid-morning break. As I stepped off the last stair tread, my shoe hung up, caught, slipped or did something that caused me to lose my balance and enter the dining room trying to regain my footing while headed head first into one one of the sisters standing by the snack table. I caught myself and stopped just inches from head butting the wide eyed sister in the chest. The first thing she did was ask if I was ok... Thank Jehovah for such loving sisters.

Stupid shoes....

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Not fond of shoes myself, barefooted right now. ..

My feet hurt all the time, shoes or not....neuropathy is a thing. .

Denise was talking about getting a pedi before our R.C. (July 29-31) and I am considering going with her. Our neighbor is an Elder in our Congregation,  he has diabetes,  his wife has suggested he get pedis on a regular basis so his feet get better care.  She goes but he has yet to.  Maybe I should get him to go with me?..

I was thinking about getting a pedi, but maybe I'd fall and bust my leg or drop a column on my foot and the E.r. staff would heckle me about a pedi

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Hammerhead said:

I was thinking about getting a pedi, but maybe I'd fall and bust my leg or drop a column on my foot and the E.r. staff would heckle me about a pedi

Stay away from the red polish and it shouldn't be a problem. I've heard that runners and athletes get pedicures. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

3 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

What about sparkles

Only if they match your outfit...

Hey, blue light and dinglberries and red toes, almost a normal day for an Ironman...

I'm thinking about red, the weld light is a bright pink. (232 wire) also my legs look like I've been shot with bird shot, now when I go get a manicure I'm thinking pink sparkles to go with all my little burns

9 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

I'm thinking about red, the weld light is a bright pink. (232 wire) also my legs look like I've been shot with bird shot, now when I go get a manicure I'm thinking pink sparkles to go with all my little burns

Never did like 232, or 311 for that matter; made me sneeze...weird, I know..

I liked the Omni View gold lens, better filter for me...

You ever use Hobart Fabshield 21B?...I really liked 211mp till they downgraded it, then I  found out about 21b, its a good T-11 wire...

7 minutes ago, Hammerhead said:

No, I just use .072 or 5/64 232. Except when I'm welding decking

yeah, I tried using 211 for decking, it worked ok if you had zero gap, didnt fill as fast as lo-hy. I would shoot a lot of decking, where allowed..a Hilti dx750. 10 shot stripper clips for pins and casings, pump action...did over 5k pins in one day once....

yeah, I tried using 211 for decking, it worked ok if you had zero gap, didnt fill as fast as lo-hy. I would shoot a lot of decking, where allowed..a Hilti dx750. 10 shot stripper clips for pins and casings, pump action...did over 5k pins in one day once....

6022 stinger on negative side of machine, about 200 amps for 1/8"

Way to hijack a pedicure thread

8 hours ago, hatcheckgirl said:
Shoes by Charles Bukowski
when you're young
a pair of
female
high-heeled shoes
just sitting
alone
in the closet
can fire your
bones;
when you're old
it's just
a pair of shoes
without
anybody
in them
and
just as
well.

I love this..  :wub:

Bukowski is one of my favorite poet/storytellers.  He's dark, but... yeah...

1 minute ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Well, thought I'd steer it back to a more shoe intellectual direction. What on earth were those guys talking about, welding and welding by-products?? :confused:

Just shoo them out of here..

Shoo..Shoo...

24 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Richard, you're a shoe-in for Pun-Meister of the Year  :D

I still need to polish my skills...

36 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Well, thought I'd steer it back to a more shoe intellectual direction. What on earth were those guys talking about, welding and welding by-products?? :confused:

We just knew this thread was pretty flat so we were just giving it a lift...