JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The SHOE thread.

I think we are taking away the masculinity (if that is a word) away from the beard thread ... so this is for us creative sisters who want to exchange ideas about shoes ... how can we jazz them up ... what are your favourites? Are all flip flops the same? Where are they appropriate?  Let's get this as long as the beard thread ... and THEY can't count all the posts about tattoos, shoes.

Of course not limited to sisters ... but no beards!! *Chuckles.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I think we are taking away the masculinity (if that is a word) away from the beard thread ... so this is for us creative sisters who want to exchange ideas about shoes ... how can we jazz them up ... what are your favourites? Are all flip flops the same? Where are they appropriate?  Let's get this as long as the beard thread ... and THEY can't count all the posts about tattoos, shoes.

Of course not limited to sisters ... but no beards!! *Chuckles.

This would be awesome but to get the activity that the beard thread does you probably need to rename it, something like  ' what is the organizations views on shoos'?...

I don't really like shoes (nearly every type make my feet hurt :( ).  I wear them because I have to. 

However, *since* I have to, they need to look good.  I'm not wearing granny, clod-hopper brogans until I absolutely must!  :wheelchair:

And I keep my toenails painted "hot mama red" at all times.  A pedicure is my one indulgence.

1 minute ago, Hope said:

I don't really like shoes (nearly every type make my feet hurt ...

.  A pedicure is my one indulgence.

Not fond of shoes myself, barefooted right now. ..

My feet hurt all the time, shoes or not....neuropathy is a thing. .:(

Denise was talking about getting a pedi before our R.C. (July 29-31) and I am considering going with her. Our neighbor is an Elder in our Congregation,  he has diabetes,  his wife has suggested he get pedis on a regular basis so his feet get better care.  She goes but he has yet to.  Maybe I should get him to go with me?..

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

Not fond of shoes myself, barefooted right now. ..

My feet hurt all the time, shoes or not....neuropathy is a thing. .:(

Denise was talking about getting a pedi before our R.C. (July 29-31) and I am considering going with her. Our neighbor is an Elder in our Congregation,  he has diabetes,  his wife has suggested he get pedis on a regular basis so his feet get better care.  She goes but he has yet to.  Maybe I should get him to go with me?..

Definitely, he should go. He will really benefit from the leg and foot massage, proper nail care, the massage chair.. :D  It's wonderful self-care and it can be difficult to take care of one's own feet.

Absolutely worth it!

1 hour ago, Hope said:

Definitely, he should go. He will really benefit from the leg and foot massage, proper nail care, the massage chair.. :D  It's wonderful self-care and it can be difficult to take care of one's own feet.

Absolutely worth it!

Do they serve wine?

:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Lol for the Kingdom Hall meetings and field service I love maryjanes (I refuse to grow up lol) but for everyday wear I have pink camouflage design sneakers. I would love to have a pair of converse though. :wub:

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I have a pair of 3 inch heels that are completely covered in glitter of all different colors.  I love wearing them because EVERYONE (including the brothers) gets a kick out of them.  The kids and babies stare at them during the meeting if I'm nearby so parents like that they keep their kids occupied and quiet.  As soon as the meeting is over they come over and want to touch them.  I can wear them for 3 or 4 hours tops though.  And I definitely wouldn't wear them for an RC but I wish I could! 

I remember my mother wearing high heels when I was a kid and I was fascinated by them and couldn't wait to wear them myself.  My first husband was my height and he didn't like me to be taller than him so I couldn't wear the heels I wanted to.  My current husband is MUCH taller than me but it's my age that keeps me from wearing the taller heels all the time now.  I always wondered at what age would I stop wearing heels and basically it's up to my knees and my feet - so we'll see!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

4 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

What about socks with sandals, yes or no?

Absolutely, I wear white socks around the house and slip on my Hawaiian plastic flip-flops when I go outside....(tu)

I saw it on TV so it must be OK...

maaco-overall-paint-sale-stylish-jeans-large-4.jpg

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D