JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I love lookin' at the fungus among us...^_^

22574943880_5ceac7dc1e_k.jpg

Have a gander at these fungus photo shoots:  

Australian photographer Steve Axford...ventures into forested areas near his home in New South Wales to photograph the unusual forms of fungi, slime molds, and lichens he finds growing there. The permutations in color, shape, and size found in each specimen are a testament to the radical diversity of living creatures found in just a small area.

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2016/07/steve-axford-macro-mushrooms/

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2014/05/fantastic-fungi-steve-axford/

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/05/radically-diverse-australian-fungi-photographed-by-steve-axford/

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

32 minutes ago, MizPeg said:

Like a Mom seeing a newborn baby, for the very first time?

I would think it would be more like a fine craftsman seeing his finished product. When you have a baby you have no actual control over the finished product. The process is mostly controlled by the DNA and other factors and you take what you get. Don't get me wrong, it is a thrill to see your child the when he/she is born (first hand experience), but again, you did not actually design and build it, you take what you get.

Jehovah had full control of what he was designing and making. Much like a woodworker will take a plain board(s) and then cut, sand, shape and finish them until he has made something unique. He then can take another board(s) that were the same as the first one(s) and make something entirely different. This is what Jehovah did.

And I can tell you, the thrill you get when you see something that is absolutely fine that you made with your own hands .... that IS a thrill - imagine if what you built was alive, like with these fungi that Jehovah made. 

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

I'm sure Jehovah looked at his creation everyday (and still does) with much appreciation for what he and his Son accomplished!  How could he not?!!! Everything around him he created - he can't help but see it all everyday!  Soon he'll be able to look upon it again without the element of "evil" in it that Satan injected.  Someday we'll be able to "feel" him smiling on it all!

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

2 hours ago, shali said:

I'm sure Jehovah looked at his creation everyday (and still does) with much appreciation for what he and his Son accomplished!  How could he not?!!! Everything around him he created - he can't help but see it all everyday!  Soon he'll be able to look upon it again without the element of "evil" in it that Satan injected.  Someday we'll be able to "feel" him smiling on it all!

Interesting, to whom is Jehovah expressing appreciation to for the work of his own hands.  Who is he thankful to? Since all his works are perfect I have a hard time thinking of the highest, grandest, most superlative personage patting himself on the back.

The most we know is that he said it was good.

We on the other hand should and do show appreciation for his wonderful works. 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

38 minutes ago, shali said:

So Jehovah can't look at what he made and say 'it is good?' He has every reason to admire the work of his hands.

I can express appreciation for your comments. You are the creator of those comments. I don't see how I can express appreciation for my comments, who would I direct that appreciation to?

Typically we say 'thank' you to show appreciation. Who does Jehovah thank? Angels thank Jehovah, Jesus thanks Jehovah, we thank Jehovah. He appreciates our thanks and praise. Does he praise and thank himself? Maybe so, I guess it is a matter of semantics, a choice of words.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I used to knit and cross stitch and draw. Some things I didmI just couldn't part with because I loved the end result so much. I would wear it or  hang it in my house. I think that shows appreciation for something. If I looked at it I would think, "wow, hard to believe I did that, it was so intricate'. Yes, other's show appreciation for Jehovah's work but he shows it too when he makes plans to salvage it from what man and Satan  has done to it. If he had no personal appreciation for what he created, he could of made plans long ago to strip the earth and start over and do it in line with his sense of justice.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D