JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Special convention 2017 in Vienna

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2732 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Australia is invited to the Indonesia special convention.  Britain is invited to Canada.

I've noticed with these special conventions that the brothers in the US seem to been invited to all locations.  Or does it depend on with State you live to which convention you could potentially be invited? I know with the 2016 special convention in Paris, Britain was the invited country, but only selected congregations actually got the invite.

Anyway, you have a lot to look forward to with your special convention. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan77 said:

I've noticed with these special conventions that the brothers in the US seem to been invited to all locations.  Or does it depend on with State you live to which convention you could potentially be invited? 

The letter read in our congregation said that the GB was continuing the practice of inviting brothers from selected states to go to these conventions.  We were NOT invited last year but we ARE invited this year.

I was happy to see that one of them will be here in Canada! And it's in my old home town, Toronto! :ecstatic:

I was hoping we in Montreal would be invited. But it doesn't look like it. A letter was read at our meeting tonight about it. The only thing it said was that several other conventions in Canada would have certain talks video-streamed to them. These talks would be ones given by a GB member or one of the helpers. Oh well, it's close enough.

I shouldn't have moved to Montreal, but stayed where I was in Toronto. Do you think I could change my mind now and decide not  move to Montreal 29 years ago?

5 minutes ago, Sheep said:

Do you think I could change my mind now and decide not  move to Montreal 29 years ago?

Dear Eric,

Wouldn't that be great if we could reverse our past and make decisions on what we know now?

A workmate always says, "I wish I knew then what I know now. ". Actually,  if I could have known Jehovah then, AND based all my decisions on his strong counsel,  how very different my life could be.  That is the one super power I wish I had.  Perfect obedience.  Many people wish to fly, or see through walls,  but perfection submission is what I wish to have...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

16 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

Dear Eric,

Wouldn't that be great if we could reverse our past and make decisions on what we know now?

A workmate always says, "I wish I knew then what I know now. ". Actually,  if I could have known Jehovah then, AND based all my decisions on his strong counsel,  how very different my life could be.  That is the one super power I wish I had.  Perfect obedience.  Many people wish to fly, or see through walls,  but perfection submission is what I wish to have...

Perfect! :thumbsup:

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...