JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Steve Bannon: White House strategist

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2707 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Can someone explain this?

I don't understand what the new White House strategist is saying about his view of the world...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfeder/this-is-how-steve-bannon-sees-the-entire-world?utm_term=.dvWXJLQLL#.dlv896R66

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I'm not sure what your asking....  i kind of see gay rights verse monogamy family values.  not quit sure what i should be seeing.  I know nothing about this person.  The world and its gay rights and christian monogamy being bad values is obsurd... so the world can just go fly a kite. 

the world can choose to be gay... they will die-out in one generation.....:ph34r:

How about a quote:

This particular article goes on to make a string of statements — there's a reference about President Obama and Kenya. There's also a statement, "The Confederacy was not a callous conspiracy to enforce slavery, but a patriotic and idealistic cause." A little bit of research would show that Alexander Stephens, the vice president of the Confederacy, declared the cause was slavery. I mean, why put these things out there?

I didn't see much about homosexuality, but I did see a lot of racists statement on the site in regards to people of different ethnicity - ie not white.

America is becoming an even more interesting place - as is the rest of the world.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

22 hours ago, vern said:

I've come across some who say that slavery was just the cover story but it was really about causing debt and moving forward the cause of central banking.

Wish as some might, slavery was a key issue to the Civil War. Now, if they disagreed due to ideological, economic, political, social issues or some combination related to it, slavery was still the catalyst.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Slavery was the tail that wags the dog.  The South saw the decline and end of slavery as a threat on its livelihood.  Secession is claimed to be about states rights but the only right they were concerned about was slavery. 

The actual war was fought to preserve the Union and not to end slavery.  Lincoln said if he could preserve the Union and keep slavery,  he would.   Slavery was not made illegal until 1863, 3 years into the war. 

I think things have gone wacko. Blatant this time. I don't do the research, nor actually pay a lot of attention. But my husband does. He seems to be a member pf the, "alt-right". I just seem to think it is white supremacy. Some of the ones that have stepped up behind this man...the comments they have made in the past were made public, and were just flat out ugly, and, low and behold, whose to be in charge now? Yes, I think things can culminate, and spiral into really exciting things. Shortly. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Wow!!!  I really don't know what to expect from Trump during his time in office but I have a feeling it will be quick major changes that will cause protests and since they are already protesting before he even acts he won't care at all because they are offending him and his cabinet members. There was an article about a politician trying to pass a law that will fine and imprison people for shutting down roads and damage property during protests, making it a felony offense.

There are many very worried about Trump ending food assistance and Medicaid insurance for low income, he stated they should only be temporary assistance for a short period of time, while he noticed people were using it for years. So there will be many in desperate times if he does set a limit for it.

Don't worry. As we shall all see, a President has very limited power in the US. He can't actually doing many - if any - of the things he promised. Most require congressional approval and they are who pass and change laws - not the President. In fact, much of his cabinet has to be approved by them. It will be an interesting 2017 for sure.

And of course our Heavenly Father knows our needs. If we put the Kingdom and His righteousness first - He'll take good care of us.   :wink:

Soon .....

On 11/18/2016 at 10:33 AM, Miss Bea said:

I think things have gone wacko. Blatant this time. I don't do the research, nor actually pay a lot of attention. But my husband does. He seems to be a member pf the, "alt-right". I just seem to think it is white supremacy. Some of the ones that have stepped up behind this man...the comments they have made in the past were made public, and were just flat out ugly, and, low and behold, whose to be in charge now? Yes, I think things can culminate, and spiral into really exciting things. Shortly. 

In retrospect it really wouldn't have mattered who got the nod (just different players) the culminating spiral would have been similar + the entertainment value would have been just as astounding    ....   

... another nice clean topic turtle :toothbrush:

Edited by timpin

It's interesting. My husband was on the tribal council for over 20 years. Ones want this, ones want that, and they expect results. From him. What they did not realize was he was just one individual. There were rules, by-laws, policies. All had to be a part of it. But the biggest challenge was getting the rest of the council to back him up. I don't care how good an idea he had. It was a no-go unless the majority of the council backed him up. To this day, I shake my head. There was a grant that came up yearly, and big enough to make a difference. It could have provided a gymnasium for our little school. That school eats, on rainy days, plays, and gets taught from the same room. That gym was lost by one vote. And no one cares enough to try to push it through again.

And, that, friends is politics. One person is one person. I sort of think there are enough checks and balances to keep a person from being too crazy. But, the proceedings in the meantime can be pretty entertaining. 

I agree. It doesn't matter who the head honchos of the world powers are. We know what will happen. We do not know the details. But we do know the end result. 

But I have to admit. Year after year, I wonder if this will be the one to meet Jehovah, up close and personal. The more haughty, the greater the fall will be. Challenging Jehovah will be the absolute last thing they do! 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!