JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2016

Our heavenly father Jehovah is the originator of the marriage institution. This arrangement reflects His values, qualities and purpose that are enduring, will never change. We can see principles that reveal his arrangement in the heavens. As Jehovah and his heavenly family are one spirit, the man and woman are one flesh; the former complements the ladder by their rendering honor and the superlative holy love (agape) and serve the same interests doing Jehovahs divine will for all eternity.

This is further illustrated in the scriptures of the sanctity (holiness and purity) of the marriage institution. Christ, the Lamb and his Bride, the anointed christians. (Rev 19:7-9) Jehovah and the nation of Israel (spiritual Israel since the first century). Heaven as the wife or 'Jerusalem above' as the mother bearing spiritual children beginning in 33CE as illustrated in the symbolic drama in Galatians 4. Even the engagement/courting arrangements in the Israelite times reflects and reveals Jehovah's anointing process!

Yes Jehovah is a wonderful God in his great diversified wisdom, most deserving of all the honor praise and glory... May we continue serving his interests faithfully for eternity whichever personal hope we ourselves posses, single or married servants of the Most High.

RighteousnessSanctificationGlorification. (Justified by reconciliation to be Holy in order to behold the Glory of God ~ Jehovah's process of qualifying the called.)

My aim is to build up, edify, and encourage [oikodomé] my fellow "domestics" in the Household of Faith. 🌹

• Replies 666
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what have you been reading lately?

Righteousness, Sanctification ,Glorification, Justification .. The process of not calling the qualified ... But qualifying the called

All these terms for the most part come from so called Christian apologetics and their line of thinking that all go to heaven ..

There is nothing evil in these terms it is just that it is not something your average Jw would use in their discription of the heavenly calling...

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

Saturday, January 9

The weapons of our warfare are not fleshly.—2 Cor. 10:4.

Is it the will of God that true Christians go to war and kill people of a different nationality? During the last 100 years, that has often been done by many who called themselves Christians. Catholic army chaplains have blessed troops and their weapons in wars against Catholics of an opposing nation. The same has been true of Protestant chaplains. World War II is a prime example of the resulting slaughter. What did Jehovah’s Witnesses do in that time of war? The historical record shows that they maintained a position of Christian neutrality. What was the basis for their stand? It was primarily the example and teachings of Jesus. He said: “By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.” (John 13:35) They also took to heart the extended application of the reasoning that the apostle Paul presented in writing to Christians in Corinth.—2 Cor. 10:3w14 9/15 1:1, 2

Edited by GrumpysWife

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Love... Is little more complicated than the source of all love coming from Jehovah.. True he created everything .. But that is a little broad..

Agape is principled .. It could be a good principle or bad principle.. Demas loved (agape form) the present system of things .. Men have loved the darkness..

Jehovah loves in principle and deed.. He loves his son with agape love..

God recommends his own ( agape ) love to us while were yet sinners...

So it gets a little complex .. That is to say God is love.. But love is not God..

He has many qualities including or over arching is love..

Luv ya️...

Edited by TheDoorGuy

Zeph 3:17 Jehovah your God is in the midst of you. As a mighty One, he will save. He will exult over you with rejoicing. He will become silent in his love. He will be joyful over you with happy cries....... Love it....a beautiful word picture.

So what have you been reading lately?

Righteousness, Sanctification ,Glorification, Justification .. The process of not calling the qualified ... But qualifying the called

All these terms for the most part come from so called Christian apologetics and their line of thinking that all go to heaven ..

There is nothing evil in these terms it is just that it is not something your average Jw would use in their discription of the heavenly calling...

Thank you for asking! I have been reading the beautiful christian greek scriptures in God's Word... Specifically regarding this process that the anointed are involved and experience yet not necessarily understand. An average JW is not anointed therefore would have an even more limited in an more accurate description of the heavenly calling. Nonetheless I was moved to dig to find more treasures of truth.

May I first mention that I am indeed familiar with the 'apologetics' that you are referring to however the notion that all go to heaven is unscriptural, therefore I apologize if you mistaken me thinking I would suggest such a thing. The terms I use are terms in the Bible and Insight reference material.... Please note, I am speaking from the anointed's perception. I will site brief references, however there are more conclusive scriptures and references that are not listed. But here is a start:

Righteousness/Declared Righteous/Justification (Insight, Volume 1 p. 603-604, Volume 2 p. 809)

The original words (di·kai·oʹo [verb], di·kaiʹo·ma and di·kaiʹo·sis [nouns]) in the Christian Greek Scriptures, and more specifically "di·kai·o·syʹne, have the thought of “rectitude,” “uprightness,” indicating a standard or norm determining what is upright.... where the fullest explanation of the matter is found, basically carry the idea of absolving or clearing of any charge, holding as guiltless, and hence acquitting, or pronouncing and treating as righteous.—See W. Bauer’s Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament (revised by F. W. Gingrich and F. Danker), 1979, pp. 197, 198; also A Greek-English Lexicon, by H. Liddell and R. Scott (revised by H. Jones), Oxford, 1968, p. 429."

Sanctification/Declared Holy/Holy Ones/Saints (Insight, Volume 2 p. 856 - 860)

"The act or process of making holy, separating, or setting apart for the service or use of Jehovah God; the state of being holy, sanctified, or purified."

I invite you to look at page 857 under "The priesthood" and "The Process of Sanctification".... this is closely connected to being declared righteous, they are often found in scripture together but do not mean the same. Righteousness precedes Sanctification because like faith in the Blood of Christ is required first. (Rom 5:17-19) Therefore, only through acceptance of God’s provision of his Son could they attain righteousness by faith and works moved by faith. (Ro 8:3, 4; Heb 7:18-28)

Glorification/Glorify (w95 2/15 3, 7)

Considering sanctification is a process, it leads to a further provision. Like the Law although righteous, lead to the New Covenant; the New Covenant leads to the Kingdom Covenant that will be realized in the future where the brothers of Christ, faithful Sons of God, namely heavenly glorification, serving our heavenly father personally. To serve the interests of the Kingdom of God is the focus, which includes the Messianic blessing bestowals.

(2 Thess 1:10) at the time when he comes to be glorified in connection with his holy ones and to be regarded in that day with wonder among all those who exercised faith, because the witness we gave met with faith among you.

(Ro 8:30) Moreover, those whom he foreordained are the ones he also called; and those whom he called are the ones he also declared to be righteous. Finally those whom he declared righteous are the ones he also glorified.

(Ro 5:18) So, then, as through one trespass the result to men of all sorts was condemnation, so too through one act of justification the result to men of all sorts is their being declared righteous for life.

(Titus 3:7) so that after being declared righteous through the undeserved kindness of that one, we might become heirs according to a hope of everlasting life.

Your thoughts.

My aim is to build up, edify, and encourage [oikodomé] my fellow "domestics" in the Household of Faith. 🌹

Love... Is little more complicated than the source of all love coming from Jehovah.. True he created everything .. But that is a little broad..

Agape is principled .. It could be a good principle or bad principle.. Demas loved (agape form) the present system of things .. Men have loved the darkness..

Jehovah loves in principle and deed.. He loves his son with agape love..

God recommends his own ( agape ) love to us while were yet sinners...

So it gets a little complex .. That is to say God is love.. But love is not God..

He has many qualities including or over arching is love..

Luv ya️...

Very well put. I might add that this principled love is beyond our conception of it. As mentioned in Eph 3:17-20 it fits well with my other reply:

(Eph 3:17-20)..May you be rooted and established on the foundation, in order that with all the holy ones you may be thoroughly able to comprehend fully what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness that God gives. Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive, to him be the glory by means of the congregation and by means of Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever.

Yes the of this principled agape love is so dynamic that it is complex even complicated at times to mere humans, but we are able to grasp a small measure of what it truly is. I intently look forward in beholding it in full measure.

The Battle of Armageddon will comprise of warfare between the glorified sons of God and his angels against the Adversary and his demonic angels, and it's influence will thwarted. The next few scriptures after the theme scripture, particularly verse 6 brings out that the anointed "are prepared to inflict punishment for every disobedience,+ as soon as your own obedience is complete." (2 Cor 10:6) See the cross reference it-2 1150, Vengeance. The righteous avengers of divine retribution are who battle in Jehovah's Great War. All must side with Jehovah's sovereignty and serve its interests in all extent possible. As for right now, we focus on our love for the whole association.

I know that my comment was a bit off topic of the text, but that is what came to mind. but more on topic... Our united brotherhood, the entire association strives to BE love, imitating our heavenly father who IS love. Imitating His Son, we "go on walking in love, just as the Christ also loved [us].” (Eph. 5:2) Yes we must keep growing in brotherly love, that philia love that unites us seeking the kingdom and its righteousness.

No I get it ...as to application of these phrases..

There is a certain language that Christian apologists use to describe their dogma and there is a certain language that Jehovah's witnesses use to describe their tenants of faith...

Even when the same or similar words are used, often times the exact interpretation is very often different ..

So when I see certain "catch phrases "used by members here that are often used by Christian apologists .. I start to wonder why the need for a change in language..

You ask your average JW what the concept of justification is .. Many would not have a clue ..

Or "justified by reconciliation" some might get it .. Especially if they have researched Pastor Russels books ..

Theocratic language puts us all on the same page, no ambiguity or wondering about application...

Edited by TheDoorGuy

You make sound points. We have many changes in theocratic language over the years, and we will continue to. If an average JW doesn't know what Justification is, direct them to the Insight book and scriptures that use the word, using the context to grasp the concept. All should be diligent bible students and everything that it involves. Especially words and phrases used in the Christian Greek Scriptures. I bring out points gleamed from various Theocratic Schools and all the personal study incurred then and ongoing today. Are you referring to Charles Russel? Have you researched his books?

The reason the slave does not use certain terms in theocratic language is to avoid certain baggage from Babylon the Great ...

For example there is nothing technically wrong with the word "justification" it is a legal term... And even used once in the NWT

In Babylon the Great this term is used to mean righteousness from God that is viewed as being credited to the sinner's account through faith alone, without works.

Hence the baggage ..

So if the slave found it imperative to use the phrase justification and have watchtower studies on the subject they would .. They have chosen to use the term "declared righteous" ..So that we are all on the same page and speaking the same theocratic language .. Our own egos and perspectives are really inconsequential to the feeding program laid out by Christs brothers..

Edited by TheDoorGuy

I agree thoroughly! I will amend my signature to satisfy your concerns... Ego based Self-interests? May these and ALL the spirit associated with this be replaced with the fruitage of the spirit and with the interests of the kingdom.

Also you mentioned Charles Russell's books? Have your researched them? I ask because I dont know what this discussion has to do with him. Please elaborate.

Hence the pure language of the truth, refinements, so we can be united and abreast with the chariot.

Brother Deonysio - may I humbly ask a question of you? If it's inappropriate please forgive me and refrain from answering. In post 7 you said you intently look forward in beholding this dynamic love in full measure. Does that mean that you are of the anointed? or are you looking forward to seeing this love in full measure as part of the Great Crowd. (I know we shouldn't get too inquisitive as it is personal between yourself and Jehovah - I live in New Zealand you see, and we are well ... just really nosy).

I only ask so I can ponder on your perspective of Agape love, always knowing ones relative perspective helps when grasping deeper aspects of specific topics.

Oh, and if I could pop a very small tip in your post on another thread ... My name is Mandi, and you are welcome to call me this, it rolls off the tongue much smoother than 'this stormswift'. Much appreciated. Enjoying your posts.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Pastor Russell yes I have read the majority of the "studies in the scriptures". And researched many of the early watchtower volumes ..

I really enjoy his closeness and appreciation of Christ Jesus.. Arguments against hellfire .. the ransom sacrifice and many other basic doctrines

He uses the term " justification by grace" .. Under the context and time absolutely no issue..

But to use that term today within the Christian congregation would indicate that we are stuck in the past or just come out of Babylon the Great..

Oh! Mandi, sister, I thoroughly enjoy your expressions here on the site, I actually seek out your comments. So thank you very much! I will refrain from answering your question not because I think it inappropriate, (no need for forgiveness) but because others' perception.. I don't want to portray or come off a certain way that I feel ones have quickly developed a negative notion of my perceptions. Therefore, I invite you to continue perceiving the christian greek scriptures as written to the anointed christians (primarily), how they applied the counsel in the first century and currently in modern times and you will certainly grasp deeper aspects of specific topics more readily. But not that you need to do this, just as in supplementation/enhancing our personal bible study and quality of our relationship with Jehovah. This is just a personal application thought that I have appreciated through the years. :)

Lance - Oh ok! Now I have a better grasp of where you are going with this. =] As a moderator it is your duty to keep an eye on these things. I encourage you not take yourself or your role too seriously. But I get it, my signature has already been amended to suit your concerns and noted in mind for future discussion. Keep up the good work brother. As for me, I was raised in the truth, a part of my family is 3 generations in the truth. And made it my own at a young age... And recently reassigned back to my congregation. So.. not stuck in the past, nor recently came out of BTG.  :)

Brother Deonysio, thank you for your positive comments. Really appreciated.

Can I ask though ... not to ask the mods to not take their role seriously, there are many of us who would leave this site, if they didn't take it so seriously - it's a protection for all of us.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Oh yes, absolutely! I am just coming from the standpoint of balance. As an elder or ministerial servant, we learn to develop a balanced view of ourselves roles and duties in the congregation, I think this can be applied in all aspects of moderating in moderation. Phil 4:5 "let your reasonableness (or, moderation) be known to all." Yes gentle, mild forbearing, yielding... the same manner as we act towards the congregation. Yes, this is in context of leading and conduct in the congregation for we are to consider all things in righteousness, not 'righteous overmuch'. (Phil 4:8, Ec 7:16) I am not making an accusation by no means, just encouraging to retain a balance in moderating, it is key in our christian unity. We all do well to consider these things to remain balanced. Type in Balance in WOL.  :)

• avoiding extremes: w07 2/15 28-29; w88 8/15 29
  • avoiding unbalanced view of self: w00 1/15 20-22; w91 5/15 30
  • Bible examples:
  • Jesus Christ: cl 216; w08 12/1 4; w00 2/15 14

With love, your thoughts.

Pastor Russell yes I have read the majority of the "studies in the scriptures". And researched many of the early watchtower volumes ..

I really enjoy his closeness and appreciation of Christ Jesus........

Interesting. How did you get a copy of the studies in the scriptures volumes and early watchtowers?

Interesting. How did you get a copy of the studies in the scriptures volumes and early watchtowers?

They are everywhere. I have my father's complete set of "Studies in the  Scriptures" and there are many older ones who have these old publications and many others and when they die, they leave them to other Witnesses or the family distributes them through the Congregations. One sister on this forum just gave away a complete library that they could no longer keep.