Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My ancestry DNA results!


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 370 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

So I bought one of those ancestry DNA kits and had my DNA tested. Unlike other tests which just test your DNA from your mother or fathers side, this test tests your DNA from both your maternal and fraternal side, so it's thorough. I was so excited to get my results! Turns out I'm 90% African, 7% European, 2% Asian and -1% Pacific Islander. Of my African DNA, I'm 47% Benin/Togo, 26% Cameroon/Congo, 11% Senegal, 3% South African central hunter gatherers, 2% North African, -1% Ivory Coast/Ghana. My European Ancestry is from 5% Iberian Peninsula,  1% Scandinavia, 1% Great Britain. My Asian ancestry is from Central Asia and my Pacific Islander ancestry is from Melanesia. Here's a pic of me. The first pic is me with my dad when I was younger. If you guys have taken DNA results before post your ancestry info :)

IMG_0636.JPG

IMG_0468.JPG

IMG_1449.PNG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tekmantwo said:

That's interesting,  I  have not done anything along those lines but my more mature sister has done some research on the family. .maybe someday I will look into it. 

 

I remember the last time you showed that picture,  I  liked seeing the snake. ..

:) I was surprised to find out that I also had Asian DNA. I was expecting Native American DNA to show up because one of my great grandmothers was Native American but I guess it died out once I came along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

:) I was surprised to find out that I also had Asian DNA. I was expecting Native American DNA to show up because one of my great grandmothers was Native American but I guess it died out once I came along.

That is interesting.  I wonder why your great grandmother didn't show up?

I have always made the claim of being part Native American as well. ..:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tortuga said:

My sister had Ancestry.com do her test, assuming that we are related and the tests results would be the same, I don't plan to be tested...

Unless your identical twins, the results won't be the same. One sibling may get more parts of one parents DNA than the other. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

I'm 30% Scandinavian. We are related!

 

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

My sister had Ancestry.com do her test, assuming that we are related and the tests results would be the same, I don't plan to be tested...

I think I am 30% Scandinavian too!

My sister did the same , whoduthunkit?...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tekmantwo said:

That is interesting.  I wonder why your great grandmother didn't show up?

I have always made the claim of being part Native American as well. ..:lol:

:lol: I guess since it was my mothers great, great grandmother the DNA died out as time went on. My mom said she's gonna test hers. I'm looking forward to seeing if it shows up in her results. On a side note, I saw a video of a woman on YouTube that had results come back saying she was 100% Native American and another saying 97% Native American. That's pretty insane. I even saw 4 different people get results saying that they were 100% African and another of a woman who was 100% European. That's gotta be rare to 100% nowadays.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Was it expensive?

 

Oh, and I'm assuming that's a dead snake? :scared::scared:

 

Yeah I guess you can say so. I paid $100 but if you click on this referral link, you save $10. The snake was alive :lol: It belonged to the guy that was holding the camera. https://www.ancestry.com/dna/lp/referral?extole_zone_name=friend_landing_coupon&extole_shareable_id=6324314870153389821&extole_campaign_id=6273642073131276859&extole_coupon_code=&o_xid=67694&o_lid=67694&o_sch=Affiliate+External

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Yeah I guess you can say so. I paid $100 but if you click on this referral link, you save $10. The snake was alive :lol: It belonged to the guy that was holding the camera. https://www.ancestry.com/dna/lp/referral?extole_zone_name=friend_landing_coupon&extole_shareable_id=6324314870153389821&extole_campaign_id=6273642073131276859&extole_coupon_code=&o_xid=67694&o_lid=67694&o_sch=Affiliate+External

Saving 10 bucks sounds good, I don't think 100.00 is a bad deal for what you're getting, provided they aren't so swamped with requests that they start to make stuff up. That's been my concern. But I'm really curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Old said:

Family DNA at  "Family Tree DNA"  is only $79. Google it.

 

Ya think curmudgeon would show up in a DNA test. :lol1: Might be well worth the money to find out.

 

How is it that the test cost but $79.00 and yet police departments have thousands of them stacked up from rapes and murders waiting for money to be processed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rocket said:

 

Ya think curmudgeon would show up in a DNA test. :lol1: Might be well worth the money to find out.

 

How is it that the test cost but $79.00 and yet police departments have thousands of them stacked up from rapes and murders waiting for money to be processed?

Curmudgeon shows up in the thread "The Water Canopy-  A question without answers."

Edited by Old
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, rocket said:

 

Ya think curmudgeon would show up in a DNA test. :lol1: Might be well worth the money to find out.

 

How is it that the test cost but $79.00 and yet police departments have thousands of them stacked up from rapes and murders waiting for money to be processed?

That's because the government is subsidizing the DNA testing, they want everyone's DNA on record..

 

:ph34r: ...where's a good conspiracy theorist when you need one...:lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Brother Jack,

Just to clarify...is or isn't that a REAL dead or alive snake...I looked at your picture several

times and concluded for myself...that it was a fake cloth snake...?  Please advise.:o.......Please!

The snake was real. I'm not scared of them at all. I've had plenty of pet snakes over the years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.1.2 (changelog)