JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My ancestry DNA results!

2 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

If anyone else has DNA results, please share them!

Do I have to include a picture of my car? :lol:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Do I have to include a picture of my car? :lol:

:lol: I no longer have any lowriders. I now have a couple of Honda accords lol

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

35 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

:lol: I no longer have any lowriders. I now have a couple of Honda accords lol

I use to have a 96 Impala SS but now I have a Chrysler. ..:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

The white walls that were on the tires it originally came with were a bit wider.

IMG_1501.JPG

just one more thing - love the hand-painted pinstripping   ...   and what is the white car in the background with those sweet wide tri-blade chromies?

Edited by timpin

9 hours ago, timpin said:

just one more thing - love the hand-painted pinstripping   ...   and what is the white car in the background with those sweet wide tri-blade chromies?

Actually the pinstriping wasn't hand painted. It was the original vinyl pinstripe that the dealer put on the car. A lot of lowriders do have elaborate hand painted pin stripping though. The car had near mint condition original paint. I was gonna have it repainted and bought some paint but got rid of it before I could. That car in the background looks like a 96 caprice or impala. The picture was actually taken by the dealership owner who sold me the car at his dealership.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

13 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

That car in the background looks like a 96 caprice or impala.

It might be a Caprice or Impala clone, the 94-96 Impala SS didn't come in white...

• 6 months later...

OOPS

On 1/25/2017 at 6:06 PM, tekmantwo said:

I'm not sure if you know this but the hard crusted shellback is my younger brother,  as in same mom and dad brother. ..I was just messing around a little bit in this thread. If you look at my avatar you can see him in the background,  sans shell... 

The part where I claim Native American blood?..Our family is for real relatives of the Custer family, my grandma on pops side was a Custer. The Native blood is a joke... I say that the Indians shot so many arrows into Gen Custer that we just have to have some Indian blood in us, somehow. ..  Yeah,  I know,  pretty lame. Guess you had to be there. ...oh, wait. ...maybe not:indian::cowboy:

I've noticed you and tortuga joking about Custer and the acupuncture thing with arrows.  I did not know that you were fleshly brothers.

I don't want to advertise for a company on here, but the ancestry DNA has been temporarily discounted to $69.99 from the usual $99.99 price.  This is the first time I have seen a discount below $79.99.

In case anyone is interested.

Posts merged by system.

Edited by Witness1970

added last line

1 hour ago, Witness1970 said:

OOPS

I've noticed you and tortuga joking about Custer and the acupuncture thing with arrows.  I did not know that you were fleshly brothers.

I don't want to advertise for a company on here, but the ancestry DNA has been temporarily discounted to $69.99 from the usual $99.99 price.  This is the first time I have seen a discount below $79.99.

In case anyone is interested.

Posts merged by system.

Thanks. I'll tell some of my relatives who want a test.

6 minutes ago, Brother Jack said:

Thanks. I'll tell some of my relatives who want a test.

...your alleged relatives....

wait for the results....:)

11 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

...your alleged relatives....

wait for the results....:)

I'm sure I'm related to my mom and sister :)

I'd like to do a test one day, I know I have quite a mixture. I'm a blender of nationalities (can see it in my appearance, people always say I have a "foreign look") 

English, Welsh, Irish, Jewish, Indian, possible German, possible Italian and who knows what else.

Edited by EccentricM

On 1/28/2017 at 0:16 AM, tekmantwo said:

I believe you also had a Datsun truck....

And a fury of a Plymouth. ..

Also a fast rear engine sportty type car...

....yeah...that old Datsun truck had a Chevy 305,  2 speed Chevy tranny and a Chevy rearend. It was a lot of fun...:lol:

On 1/27/2017 at 8:35 PM, Brother Jack said:

If anyone else has DNA results, please share them!

My wife had hers done several months ago. All of her life she thought she was part Mexican and part Lithuanian, it turns out that she is neither one. I think she was very disappointed to learn that she isn't what she thought she was.  She may not be the woman I thought she was but the warranty has expired so I guess I'll keep her anyway...

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

My wife had hers done several months ago. All of her life she thought she was part Mexican and part Lithuanian, it turns out that she is neither one. I think she was very disappointed to learn that she isn't what she thought she was.  She may not be the woman I thought she was but the warranty has expired so I guess I'll keep her anyway...

4 hours ago, tekmantwo said:

I  tried that one with Carl*, he just laughed and said that the trade in date had expired. ..

(*first father in law )

Alleged "father-in-law."  If she was adopted you wouldn't know unless she had a DNA test.

13 minutes ago, Witness1970 said:

Alleged "father-in-law."  If she was adopted you wouldn't know unless she had a DNA test.

Good point. ...

Y'know, this deserves a fairly smart answer, but anything from me will have to wait; it's almost 3:30 in the morning and I am all out of wittynesses....sorry. :sleeping:

I did 23andMe years back, before the FDA asked them to stop offering health results. (they're since been able to reinstate some of the health results).

I already had a massive crowdsourced/collaborative family hosted on geni.com but I was able to find some new leads for some of my lesser known ancestor lines.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:56 AM, Hammerhead said:

I traced mine all the way back to Adam and Eve. Took me about a minute. (Of course I skipped thousands of people back thru time)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I prefer specifics :D

On 8/12/2017 at 0:56 AM, Hammerhead said:

I traced mine all the way back to Adam and Eve. Took me about a minute.

I hope you didn't use the list in Mathew 1 or Luke 3....