JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My ancestry DNA results!

Spoke to my Auntie today because I wanted to look at my fathers side of the family on Ancestor.com, I really don't know anything about my mom's side. 

She told me we came from Germany and from Poland. I knew about Germany but not Poland.

In my initial, very primitive, look I found we are mostly in Illinois (Chicago) from late 1800's on and Pennsylvania. My family name is Hecker (there is a Hecker Illinois, curious) And my  G grand Father came from Greidz, Germany. Auntie also told me we come from Poland from GG Grand father, but I have yet to confirm that. 

I did message a man, who turned out to be my GGG uncle, and that was fun.

I ordered the DNA tests for both of us. Looking forward to the results. 

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

The cost of the DNA ancestry testing is $235

In the Bible I have read for free I come from Noah

What happened between then and now, is it worth $235?

Hmmm..need to think about it.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

1 minute ago, bagwell1987 said:

Nope, I paid 49.00 US dollars for the test so Lew got to have a test for free.

And I also got the 'traits' results with it too.

I live in Australia, and that's the price I saw being advertised, not sure if I can get this done cheaper?

Did not shop for comparison price yet.

https://www.insightgenomica.com.au/ancestry-testing/

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

The cost of the DNA ancestry testing is $235
In the Bible I have read for free I come from Noah
What happened between then and now, is it worth $235?
Hmmm..need to think about it.
On special Greg! $88 AUD.
Just in case you were wondering, big brother is watching. We talk about DNA tests, and look at my 'sponsored' ad on my forum! 689aed181f1b52f6bc94839d30318559.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser}

2 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

On special Greg! $88 AUD.
Just in case you were wondering, big brother is watching. We talk about DNA tests, and look at my 'sponsored' ad on my forum! 689aed181f1b52f6bc94839d30318559.jpg

Older {waiting for wiser} emoji1353.png

Are you kidding me? (referring to Big brother..that's shocking!)

At least I am famous now ...LOL :lol1:

Edited by Gregexplore

did a few years ago 

my family first went to Virginia then spread out to  Kentucky, Indiana, Tennessee, Illinois, Missouri

this is on my mother side. what funny is i have not found anything on my father side 

DNA 1.jpg

Edited by bobby

13 minutes ago, bobby said:

mom always said we have some American Indian in the Family she didn't know what tribe 

when i took the ancestry  dna test i was hoping it would show but it didnt 

I have some Wheretheheckarewe Indian in me. They are one of the lost tribes...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I am too scared to be traced to tribal chieftain Donutseatwe :lol1:

3 hours ago, bobby said:

mom always said we have some American Indian in the Family she didn't know what tribe 

when i took the ancestry  dna test i was hoping it would show but it didnt 

It won’t show up as American Indian. I’m a member of a tribe, and I have blood  from about  11 different areas on this continent. North, south, and inbetween. I know the south are South Americans, and even Mexicans. I wonder if the north are from Mongolia. Over the Bering Strait. 

We are, for the most part, mutts. And I love it. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

12 hours ago, Tortuga said:

We must be related!😊

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

10 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

It won’t show up as American Indian. I’m a member of a tribe, and I have blood  from about  11 different areas on this continent. North, south, and inbetween. I know the south are South Americans, and even Mexicans. I wonder if the north are from Mongolia. Over the Bering Strait. 

We are, for the most part, mutts. And I love it. 

oh so it just shows that you have   Indian in you, but is there a specific test for that you would take 

or would it show up any way 

15 minutes ago, bobby said:

oh so it just shows that you have   Indian in you, but is there a specific test for that you would take 

or would it show up any way 

Those of us today who have Native American in them show up as being ancestors of indigenous people from this continent. Where we settled ended up being tribes. I’m a member of the Yurok tribe, but Yurok sure didn’t show up. Just numerous groups from this continent.

Now special test. We are who we are. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

16 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I am  Indian and Italian.....from the Wopaho Tribe. :lol1::lol2:    :dance::indian::dance:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

On 11/22/2018 at 9:41 PM, bagwell1987 said:

but lowered to 49.00 during a holiday.

Just ordered mine last night.  The lower price was definitely a draw.  Have been wanting to do this for a few years. Although both sets of my  grandparents parents immigrated from Mexico, family lore has it there is Mexican Indian (Aztec on Mom's side) , Spanish, Italian and from Dads side Philippino mixed in.  Will be interesting to see the results. 

2 hours ago, booboo said:

Just ordered mine last night.  The lower price was definitely a draw.  Have been wanting to do this for a few years. Although both sets of my  grandparents parents immigrated from Mexico, family lore has it there is Mexican Indian (Aztec on Mom's side) , Spanish, Italian and from Dads side Philippino mixed in.  Will be interesting to see the results. 

Cool, let's share our results? I'm so excited to learn if I have Polish roots.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

Well I got my results. Amazes me. I feel more of a closeness toward my Germanic roots. But then again I'm drawn to Quebec and England. IK, weird. 

My Auntie was wrong, no Polish in my blood. My Dad's mom was from Quebec so this shows those origins.

1220160449_DNA(861x1531).thumb.jpg.93473851db53bf97592651551b0403fe.jpg

556299000_locations(1531x861).thumb.jpg.eededb7c8849cfdad81a0fd39e735822.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987