JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Grilled pancakes

Ok, this was good...

Yesterday my wife made us pancakes for breakfast, well, actually it was brunch but it was supposed to be breakfast. Since my wife thinks she is cooking for an army, there were left over pancakes.

This morning I took two leftover pancakes and put peanut butter between them like a peanut butter sandwich, then I put butter on both sides and grilled them in a saute pan like a grilled cheese sandwich.

Mmmm...a grilled peanut butter pancake stack with maple syrup...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

24 minutes ago, bohemian said:

How can you bring yourself to eat peanut butter?  A more disgusting foodstuff I just cannot imagine (OK there's Marmite). :scared::nope:

Ha!

When I was growing up I think I was the only one in the family that didn't slather peanut butter on everything.  Now I eat it almost every morning. 

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, bohemian said:

How can you bring yourself to eat peanut butter?  A more disgusting foodstuff I just cannot imagine (OK there's Marmite). :scared::nope:

IMG_8721     

And then there is a turtle site for a peanut butter and clam pizza recipe !  

2 hours ago, bohemian said:

bread with peanut butter, mayonnaise, sprinkled with sugar. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm :zipmouth: 

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

IMG_8163

And even Tuna fish on seaweed with peanut butter and jelly !   Disgusting !

http://www.foodbeast.com/news/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-pizzas/

I love peanut butter on pancakes.  Dad use to mix peanut butter, butter and syrup together and that is what we used on pancakes, biscuits, toast,...I gotta go fix me a peanut butter and syrup pancake now.  We keep pancakes in the freezer....

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

8 hours ago, Precision said:

IMG_8721     

And then there is a turtle site for a peanut butter and clam pizza recipe !  

How could anyone bring themselves to eat a wee turtle ... shame on you. haha.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

3 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

I love peanut butter on pancakes.  Dad use to mix peanut butter, butter and syrup together and that is what we used on pancakes, biscuits, toast,...I gotta go fix me a peanut butter and syrup pancake now.  We keep pancakes in the freezer....

Oh yeah. .

Peanut butter and maple syrup,  peanut butter and honey, peanut butter and Hershey Chocolate Syrup,  butter and maple syrup,  butter and honey..

It's a little bit after 2AM here, is it too early to get breakfast going?

Pancakes,  eggs with cheese, bacon, toast, ice cold whole milk..

I think I'll just go to bed. ..:yawning:..it's time. .

8 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

I gotta go fix me a peanut butter and syrup pancake now.  We keep pancakes in the freezer....

Don't forget to grill it like a grilled cheese sandwich, it adds a texture component...mmmmm....good...

You were right!  I had three!!!  But they were the silver dollar size panacakes so no more than a regular size for normal servings!  After mixing the PB, butter and syrup on the thick  size I slathered a layer and put the top on, then buttered that side and grilled it.  I warmed the syrup in the microwave and added a spot of Baileys Irish cream to it and drizzled, excuse me, floated the pancake sandwiches in it! Hallelujah!  The gates to heaven opened and I heard the angels sing!  Next thing I knew it was 10 am!

Edited by LeslieDean

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

1 minute ago, LeslieDean said:

You were right!  I had three!!!  But they were the silver size panacakes so no more than a regular size for normal servings!  After mixing the PB, butter and syrup on the thick  size I slathered a layer and put the top on, then buttered that side and grilled it.  I warmed the syrup in the microwave and added a spot of Baileys Irish cream to it and drizzled, excuse me, floated the pancake sandwiches in it! Hallelujah!  The gates to heaven opened and I heard the angels sing!  Next thing I knew it was 10 am!

I also like PB and syrup on my blueberry pancakes. good stuff! I also like to mix PB and honey  on celery.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25