JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Coffee: K-Cups

We've had a Keurig coffee maker for several years, actually we are on our second one and we love the convenience and the opportunity to try a variety of different coffees.

I've decided that I like a medium roast coffee. I like some dark roast coffees but sometimes it feels like it's too much to have a dark roast with breakfast. I've tried some light roast breakfast coffees and they were pretty good, the light roast is supposed to have more caffeine so you need to be careful, you also need to be careful asking for a Tall Blonde at your favorite coffee house...:eek:

I really like the Starbucks Christmas blend but their kcups are expensive. We accidentally bought some Starbucks Holiday Blend and found out it wasn't the same thing and didn't taste as good. I like their House Blend kcups but I get tired of it after a while.

I've had the Kirkland Pacific Bold and I just finished a box of their Breakfast Blend.

I'm currently sampling some Caribou medium roast and I like it.

What is your favorite K-Cup coffee?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 minute ago, Tortuga said:

We've had a Keurig coffee maker for several years, actually we are on our second one and we love the convenience and the opportunity to try a variety of different coffees.

I've decided that I like a medium roast coffee. I like some dark roast coffees but sometimes it feels like it's too much to have a dark roast with breakfast. I've tried some light roast breakfast coffees and they were pretty good, the light roast is supposed to have more caffeine so you need to be careful, you also need to be careful asking for a Tall Blonde at your favorite coffee house...:eek:

I really like the Starbucks Christmas blend but their kcups are expensive. We accidentally bought some Starbucks Holiday Blend and found out it wasn't the same thing and didn't taste as good. I like their House Blend kcups but I get tired of it after a while.

I've had the Kirkland Pacific Bold and I just finished a box of their Breakfast Blend.

We like French roast, preffering San Francisco Bay brand for several reasons. First is flavor, we have preffered French Roast for many years, second price per cup of 31 cents, third it is the only brand available locally in a biodegradable K-cup. The standard K-cups last forever and are starting to show up on our beachs and in our waterways. :)

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I have a Kurig brewer but don't use it much. The only time I drink coffee is with my breakfast. When I use my Keurig I usually make the spiced apple cider or the hot cocoa. I also got the My-Kcup that lets you brew any coffee you want, but I haven't used it yet.

14 minutes ago, Old said:

We like French roast, preffering San Francisco Bay brand for several reasons. First is flavor, we have preffered French Roast for many years, second price per cup of 31 cents, third it is the only brand available locally in a biodegradable K-cup. The standard K-cups last forever and are starting to show up on our beachs and in our waterways. :)

We tried that once but the coffee tasted flat and we ended up with coffee grounds in the cup. It may have just been a bad batch so I'll try it again sometime.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

11 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I also got the My-Kcup that lets you brew any coffee you want, but I haven't used it yet.

Occasionally someone will give us some ground coffee so I have used the reusable K-Cup adapter many times for the ground coffee. I have found that most of the ground coffee that we have been given is ground too fine to do well in the adapter, it plugs up.

11 minutes ago, mserskine said:

I have a Kurig brewer but don't use it much. The only time I drink coffee is with my breakfast. When I use my Keurig I usually make the spiced apple cider or the hot cocoa. I also got the My-Kcup that lets you brew any coffee you want, but I haven't used it yet.

I used that K-cup adapter when we first got our Keurig with the intention of using up the coffee beans we already had. I concluded it was easier to make a pot of coffee rather than use the adapter. Itwas really difficult if you wanted to make a second cup as the unit was wet.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I saw on TV that some other brands beside San Francisco Bay are now offering biodegrable k_cups. They claim 100% degradable, San Francisco Bay claims 95% degradable.

Just now, Old said:

I saw on TV that some other brands beside San Francisco Bay are now offering biodegrable k_cups. They claim 100% degradable, San Francisco Bay claims 95% degradable.

I imagine that if it was edible it would provide fiber too...:eek:

:lol:

I love French roast, too.

I buy the cheapest K-cups I can find,

Which means Great Value brand.

I will have to check out San Francisco Bay

brand, if I can find them in the Upper Peninsula.  I love the idea of them being

biodegradable.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

McCafe....all flavors

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"

22 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Is that available in K-Cups? I have not had that yet..

Yupper,  it is...we have 3 boxes in the cupboard now..I think it's French blend and a regular dark blend. I'm not sure,  Denise got them the other day. 

She doesn't like the French blend,  says it gives her a stomach ache. That works out because that's the one I like..

I use our Keurig for tea mostly,  sometimes hot chocolate and /or instant oatmeal. .

12 minutes ago, Musky said:

I use Kirkland's Pacific bold, set it for a medium cup (number 2)and then add a keurig "chocolate mocha" k-cup on small setting (number 1)
I add some sweet creamer and end up with a pretty good cup of mocha.

I'm just an amature, can't keep up with you connoiseurs. Make mine black please! :)

39 minutes ago, Musky said:

I use Kirkland's Pacific bold, set it for a medium cup (number 2)and then add a keurig "chocolate mocha" k-cup on small setting (number 1)
I add some sweet creamer and end up with a pretty good cup of mocha.

My wife bought several small boxes of Starbucks Christmas blend and didn't realize each box was half Hot Chocolate.  I have some dark roast, maybe I'll try a mocha!

I discovered a bag of San Francisco Bay French Roast in the cupboard.  Coffee6.gif

(My brother brings a stash of gourmet coffee with him when he comes to visit and he left a bag behind for me.)

After sampling it, I must say, I found the Great Value French Roast to be much much better tasting.Yes Smiling.gif

The sample of the San Francisco Bay brand wasn't expired, so the inferior taste wasn't due to that.

For now, I shall have to forego the biodegradable packaging for the better tasting product. coffee steaming cup.gif^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

We had a keurig for a long time. Until we had 250 people here during the KH build, so much for that. Now we have a Bunn single cup maker. We use any Kcup in it. Lew is the coffee drinker, I get Maxwell House at the store and a 100% Colombian at Cash and Carry. He really likes that one too. 

I use it sometimes for a single thermos of water for my Assam tea or hot chocolate (infrequently as I'm not a sweet eater). Mostly I use my hotpot for a whole 36 oz thermos of tea for the day.

I also have the separate filter for coffee, Lew likes anything Colombian or Sumatran.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

Just now, Tortuga said:

My wife bought some off-brand Kcups the other day, they plug up our machine, apparently the grounds are too fine...

We've had that happen too. So glad we don't change too often.

Something you have to be aware of when using the reusable cups too.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

What is an off brand Kcup?

I thought that Keurig owned the patent which has expired so all brands except Keurig are off brand, or is it something else? Are we talking store brands?