Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Trump and Kim Jong relations; An attempt at peace and security?


We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1841 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Recommended Posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39774675?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

 

In the news, Trump wants to make better relations with NK. He said that he would be "honoured" to meet Kim Jong, despite it's former threats and suspicious behaviours. 

 

To quote someone from the BBC news Facebook page in the comments; " He just want to alleviate the looming conflicts and create great impression of friendship only one day to order a surprising missile strikes to North Korea. I can't fully believe him."

 

 

This only makes me think of 1 Thessalonians 5:3; "Whenever it is that they are saying, “Peace and security!” then sudden destruction is to be instantly on them."

 

Perhaps Trump will be the one to spark this cry if this is the pattern he continues to follow. First Russia, now North Korea, who's next on the list for these "peaceful relations?" around the world?

Edited by EccentricM
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Watching the world scene is like watching a pot of water starting to boil. You know what will happen but you don't know when. The more you watch it, the longer it seems to take. The first bubble you see doesn't mean the pot is boiling but you know it's getting closer. Recent events are like the first bubbles in a pot of water after you turn up the heat...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Watching the world scene is like watching a pot of water starting to boil. You know what will happen but you don't know when. The more you watch it, the longer it seems to take. The first bubble you see doesn't mean the pot is boiling but you know it's getting closer. Recent events are like the first bubbles in a pot of water after you turn up the heat...

Beautiful thought. Is it your original or borrowed it from some other sources?

If you don't mind I will use this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

President Donald Trump on Wednesday vowed to work as a "mediator, an arbitrator or a facilitator" to help broker peace between the Israelis and Palestinians as he welcomed Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to the White House.

"We will get this done," Trump vowed.
He hoped the Palestinian leader would soon sign "the final and most important peace agreement."
 
Tortuga: They just added more fire under the pot :)
Edited by Gregexplore
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

Tortuga: They just added more fire under the pot :)

A funny thing about boiling water is that higher pressure raises the boiling point. In a sealed environment such as a pressure cooker, more BTU increases the pressure before the water will come to a full boil.

 

Can you feel the pressure? :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gregexplore said:

President Donald Trump on Wednesday vowed to work as a "mediator, an arbitrator or a facilitator" to help broker peace between the Israelis and Palestinians as he welcomed Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas to the White House.

"We will get this done," Trump vowed.
He hoped the Palestinian leader would soon sign "the final and most important peace agreement."
 
Tortuga: They just added more fire under the pot :)

 

While I would love to see this "peace" agreement to materialize soon, Trump is renowned for his frequent oversimplification of the complex matters :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/05/2017 at 10:45 PM, Tortuga said:

A funny thing about boiling water is that higher pressure raises the boiling point. In a sealed environment such as a pressure cooker, more BTU increases the pressure before the water will come to a full boil.

 

Can you feel the pressure? :D

Two things I know about Mount Everest:

It's high.

You can't make a decent cuppa at the top.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.1.2 (changelog)