JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library 9.0 (errors, glitches, issues)

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

27 minutes ago, Jonathan77 said:

Thank you for your help, when downloaded and you opened it up, it loads the correct version into jw library. Thank you again/

By the way I have submitted the error to the society 

Edited by beejay

update information

On 5/26/2017 at 1:28 AM, Sylv said:

I use the app on my Android phone and have noticed the following:

When tapping the "back" arrow, it often does not go back one page, but directly to the top of the current week's schedule (so I need to scroll down to the closing song, for example).

Has anyone else noticed this?

This happens to me but I found that if I tap the back arrow on my device, next to the home button, not on the publication in JWLibrary, it takes me back to where I was.  I hope this makes sense.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

This happens to me but I found that if I tap the back arrow on my device, next to the home button, not on the publication in JWLibrary, it takes me back to where I was.  I hope this makes sense.

That's what I do. It used to work, but doesn't anymore. 

5 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Updated the English songbook in JW Library, and now I'll have to sing in the Ibinda language...emoji848.png

Johan

The update just showed up on my Android,  yup, it's still Ibinda....:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

4 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Thank you! Nothing else worked!

How is everyone finding out what language that was?

Selecting the Ibinda language doesn't cause this publication to show up. No songbooks in that language.

“It’s not how much we know that pleases Jehovah, but how we feel about what we know and how we have allowed that knowledge to increase our love for Jehovah.”

11 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Try singing it. See if it works wonders for you...

Johan

Well, I bin da worse singer and this didn't help...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Tortuga said:

The update just showed up on my Android,  yup, it's still Ibinda....:D

A brother commented at the meeting about some publication being available in over 100 languages and that he would find it difficult to even name 100 languages. I can now name about 4.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Another minor one on my iPad Pro iOS 10.3.2 reported:

ID: 330653656

A tag called 'peace' does not show up when a tag called 'peace and security' already exists. It is however available in tag/note searches.

Also on iPhone 6s+ and Nexus tablet Android 4.4.2

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 1 month later...

I would like to confirm the following:

Has anyone else experienced problems in JW Library for iPad not opening the backup files when choosing Google Drive? Whenever I try to restore a backup file by choosing Google Drive, the backup files are greyed out and I can't select them. 

I can backup to Google Drive, but I can't restore from Google Drive. 

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure how to make suggestions to the brothers who write the code for the apps.  I have a couple of suggestions.

Steve

Here's the form: https://www.formstack.com/forms/watchtower-jw_library

What's the problem when JW Library on a Samsung android tablet takes several seconds to open up a scripture link?

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

JW Library for iOS is now on version 9.3

Delete individual tags while editing a note.
Fixed several bugs, including some that were causing the app to crash.
Fixed a bug where changes made to a note were not saved.

Johan

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”