JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library 9.0 (errors, glitches, issues)

Has anyone come across the following issue?

I make a note in blue color in my Bible. The note appears in the Bible and in my Personal Study as well. I create a backup copy and then download that copy on another device. In that other device, the blue color highlight appears in the Bible, but the note does not. However, when I go to Personal Study, the note is there. Here are screenshots showing that the notes does not appear in the Bible.

Screenshot_20170515-083408.png

Screenshot_20170515-083523.png

I had a small glitch when I loaded my notes from my iPad onto my PC. A couple of muddled notes.

It was fixed by restarting JW Library.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

1 hour ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

I had a small glitch when I loaded my notes from my iPad onto my PC. A couple of muddled notes.

I've tried this, and it doesn't work. I'm going to try deleting the note and re-entering it.

2 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Try reimporting the notes to the same device you created the backup in. If there is the same error it was produced during the notes creation if not it is on the receiving end (the pair of de vice systems)

I don't have any issue between Windows Phone and android and vice versa

• 2 weeks later...

I can't copy a text or make notes in the "Meetings" section. When I click on any paragraph I see that copy and notes options but when I click on them they disappear immediately. I tried to do it several times but nothing. It keeps disappearing. Has anyone faced this glitch?

23 minutes ago, Intercore said:

I can't copy a text or make notes in the "Meetings" section. When I click on any paragraph I see that copy and notes options but when I click on them they disappear immediately. I tried to do it several times but nothing. It keeps disappearing. Has anyone faced this glitch?

Highlight first something, then click on the highlighted text and select the note icon. It should now work

Capturaar.PNG.a4b532e745b198e89c9b25dd0aace7ba.PNG

Edited by jayrtom

9 minutes ago, Intercore said:

I can't! Maybe it's because of Android version...

That's frustrating.

I think it is supposed to work on devices from Android versions 2.3 and greater.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

I use the app on my Android phone and have noticed the following:

When clicking a link to a publications used during the meeting (e.g. the Bible study book), it will take me to the start of the current chapter, not the paragraphs being considered for the week.

When tapping the "back" arrow, it often does not go back one page, but directly to the top of the current week's schedule (so I need to scroll down to the closing song, for example).

Has anyone else noticed this?

33 minutes ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

That's frustrating.

I think it is supposed to work on devices from Android versions 2.3 and greater.

I have installed Android 7, maybe it's an occassion. I don't know.

Edited by Intercore

6 minutes ago, Sylv said:

When clicking a link to a publications used during the meeting (e.g. the Bible study book), it will take me to the start of the current chapter, not the paragraphs being considered for the week.

When tapping the "back" arrow, it often does not go back one page, but directly to the top of the current week's schedule (so I need to scroll down to the closing song, for example).

First thing - yeah. It keeps like refreshing that publication a few times with some "flashes" or something like that.

8 minutes ago, Sylv said:

I thought that happened to me, but then I discovered it's just slow. If I wait a few seconds it does go to the paragraph.

Mine will some times take me all the way out of meetings to the main page when i hit back but i can never remember if i should hit back on my tablet or use the back button in the app so mine is more than likely user error.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, carlos said:

I thought that happened to me, but then I discovered it's just slow. If I wait a few seconds it does go to the paragraph.

I considered this as well and waited a while, but it  didn't move.

New JW Library Help Videos

Eight new help videos for the JW Library app (for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8) have been posted on jw.org. The videos are found in the following tutorials:

Start Using JW Library​—Windows
Download and Manage Bibles​—Windows
Download and Manage Publications​—Windows
Set and Manage Bookmarks​—Windows
Use History​—Windows
Customize the Reading Experience​—Windows
Search in a Bible or Publication​—Windows
Highlight Text​—Windows

https://www.jw.org/en/whats-new/help-videos-jw-library/

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Pretty obscure bug on my iPad. This is how I reported it:

"At least one link to articles pre 2000 not properly implemented.

In yb 2016 page 25, choose "w13 7/15 p. 5" next to "Anointed not to survive Armageddon on earth"

Pressing the link to "Watchtower of August 15th, 1990, page 30" on the right generates a blank pop-up that can't be dismissed without closing and re-opening JWLibrary.

(Pressing the link from the w13 itself does not generate an error.)

Also:
Pressing the same reference (w13 7/15 p. 5) next to "Chosen ones gathered" in the same page of yb 2016 highlights the reference mentioned above, instead of the text actually pressed."

IMG_3199.JPG.c10eaf289be4fcbf63044bcb5b297a78.JPG

2 hours ago, ChrisTheConfused said:

Pretty obscure bug on my iPad. This is how I reported it:

"At least one link to articles pre 2000 not properly implemented.

In yb 2016 page 25, choose "w13 7/15 p. 5" next to "Anointed not to survive Armageddon on earth"

Pressing the link to "Watchtower of August 15th, 1990, page 30" on the right generates a blank pop-up that can't be dismissed without closing and re-opening JWLibrary.

(Pressing the link from the w13 itself does not generate an error.)

Also:
Pressing the same reference (w13 7/15 p. 5) next to "Chosen ones gathered" in the same page of yb 2016 highlights the reference mentioned above, instead of the text actually pressed."

IMG_3199.JPG.c10eaf289be4fcbf63044bcb5b297a78.JPG

Did you try to delete the yb pub and re-download it?

On 2017-5-25 at 7:28 PM, Sylv said:

Yes, it often happens with me that it goes to the begining of meetings or even to the begininigof jw.library. I thought it was because my tablet is old and dated!  Samsung GT P 6200 with Android 4.1. I dont even bother trying to underline/highlight. I use Moon Reader after downloading epubs. 

10 hours ago, jayrtom said:

Did you try to delete the yb pub and re-download it?

Bug is also on my iPhone so I assume it's a dud link. Haven't tried on my Nexus 7 yet.

Not a problem anyway.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

JW Library comes up with an update to Sing Joyfully songbook.  It does not download or work.  If you delete it and download, it downloads a faulty one.   This shown that the new one is only 189k, it should be 6mb - its missing the song sheets, and will crash JW Library.

So if it offers to download the update, click later.

Edited by Jonathan77

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”