JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Law and Order SVU

On 6/8/2017 at 12:05 PM, Dove said:

Two of the midwives are lesbians..:(

I’ve always regretted using that word instead of gay or something, but anyway they are gone now ..the new season is starting soon so I don’t know what to expect. 

So many of the programs I used to like have now introduced gay people as regular  characters  ugh

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 4/2/2018 at 12:29 AM, Gregexplore said:

I personally think Internet is more dangerous than TV 

Like Lucy said we just have to be VERY aware of our entertainment and make covenant with our eyes like Job 

totally agreed.  I started watching a lot of youtube and that is worse.  No FCC to regulate what is acceptable.  I noticed I was watching vloggers that were doing inappropriate things but it got under my radar because they were funny or traveling or doing something that interested me.  And politics are rampant online and on youtube.  I have had to disconnect just to safeguard myself.  

On 5/19/2017 at 3:48 PM, Old said:

Right now the only program that we watch that isn't blatant is "Call the Midwife", Tried some of the British mystery shows like "Midsomer Murders" ans couple of others, but I don't like to fall asleep in front of the TV, boring.  Used to watch "New Tricks", it is gone. Our Favorite was "A Touch of Frost".

We have beenn reduced to watching "TheDeadliest Catch" and "Chopped".

Nothing like replying to a 2 year old comment....  LOL

By means of the Internet we've been watching a lot of older shows.  Hulu has the full run of the Bob Newhart show.  Netflix has Cheers.  There are also other genres like drama, etc...  Perhaps if some of you friends cannot find any entertainment value in new or current programming, you might enjoy either revisiting classics from 20+ years ago or finally catching that series you missed the first time around (because it aired on meeting nights).

• 10 months later...
On 4/2/2018 at 3:30 AM, Shannie said:

Stopped watching SVU....

It was always talking about Rape or homosexuality and the murders was beginning to be to much.....I loved svu...

But...the content was inappropriate...so I cut it off went cold turkey...

Not something a witness should watch..

Looking back now the Show is DISGUSTING...

Your very very right ! My wife watched it every night in bed and when i came up to the bedroom i would see the last few minutes and told her this show makes me very uncomfortable.

She stopped watching it last week and was very proud of her.

On 4/2/2018 at 3:30 AM, Shannie said:

Stopped watching SVU....

It was always talking about Rape or homosexuality and the murders was beginning to be to much.....I loved svu...

But...the content was inappropriate...so I cut it off went cold turkey...

Not something a witness should watch..

Looking back now the Show is DISGUSTING...

Jehovahs standards are above anyones Opinion, just saying 😉

Edited by Darren G

On 1/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, Dove said:

On another note, there's a new series called, 'The Good Doctor', a medical doctor afflicted with autism but savant.. also 'Designated Survivor' Keifer Sutherland; 'Dr. Pol', a reality series about a vet, and 'Mash' as well as 'All in the Family'.. old but still good.

So many shows are treating, not just homosexuality, but sex outside of marriage, as acceptable and "normal" - several couples on The Good Doctor have been involved in it, and recently, in the third season, the title character began.

And yes, it is a conscience thing.

Edited by rbrown1205

I agree. I’ve noticed that on several shows I watched and have given them up   a while ago

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..