JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.org - NEWS RELEASES | Danish Jehovah’s Witness Arrested and Jailed in Russia After Police Raid a Christian Meeting

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2487 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Very serious.  It seems the Devils plan is to prohibit all meetings and physically isolate our Russian brothers from the rest of us.  I noticed they also took the brothers electronic devices so I think they will want to eventually try and find a way that they cannot access spiritual instruction from the internet (although how they will do that is a mystery to me)... 

D.Kristensen jailed for 2 months, becomes 1st JW in Russia to be jailed, faces up to 10 years https://jw-russia.org/news/17052709-170.html  #jwrussia #StopJWBan

https://jw-russia.org/news/17052709-170.html

Dear in the circle of co-religionists, 44-year-old Dane Dennis Christensen was sent to a pre-trial detention facility in the city of Orel for two months. He is charged with continuing the activities of the organization, which was banned for extremism (Article 282.2 of the Criminal Code). He was arrested on May 25, 2017 during a joint Bible reading, which local Jehovah's Witnesses conducted in a building along Zheleznodorozhnaya Street.

In the evening of May 25, at 19:30, a street near a building belonging to one of the believers began to be filled with cars and buses with armed men in masks - OMON fighters. Under the guidance of the FSB investigator, the group entered the building and blocked believers who were not allowed to touch phones and tablets. Checking documents, inspections and interrogations continued until morning. A number of houses of believers were searched.

On Friday, May 26, 2017, Justice Svetlana Naumova decided to elect Dennis Kristensen as a preventive measure in the form of detention for 2 months. The wife of Dennis, Irina Kristensen, as well as lawyers, intend to use all possible means of legal protection. The consulate of the Kingdom of Denmark was notified of the incident.

Edited by BibleSteve

added translation from google translate

3 hours ago, Victoria said:

Things are getting worse and worse and worse...

Why did they arrest a Dane? On purpose?

Such news make me scared:-(

Courage my little sister COURAGE.  Jehovah will always protect his people, read the accounts of how our brothers and sisters have endured hardships and put Jehovah to the test youself.  We are living through very dangerous times and the Devil is against us, but we have no reason to fear.  Fear weakens us and disorientates us, so trust in Jehovah, obey the brothers in everything and pray when you feel scared. 

HEBREWS 13:6

be of good courage and say: “Jehovah* is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?”

When the friends here say they can't imagine facing the trials going on in Russia, I usually reply - get ready for it, that's just a small taste of what's coming our way...That Great Tribulation video at the convention was for all of us..We will eventually ALL have to take a firm stand.

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

6 hours ago, tucker said:

Interesting that the armed men wore masks.

I think a lot of police in the US also wear masks to hide their identity because sometimes they work undercover.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, cricket246 said:

When the friends here say they can't imagine facing the trials going on in Russia, I usually reply - get ready for it, that's just a small taste of what's coming our way...That Great Tribulation video at the convention was for all of us..We will eventually ALL have to take a firm stand.

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers says it:

"I Won't Back Down"

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
You could stand me up at the gates of hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

[Chorus:]
Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby there ain't no easy way out
Hey I will stand my ground
And I won't back down
No, I won't back down

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

Thanks Guri, this is worthy of it's own topic so as not to be missed.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

From https://www.jw-russia.org/news/17060606-176.html  as Guri noted above. Fake news? I found it by going directly to  https://www.jw-russia.org/

novik.jpg?itok=pZw5GwVc

Photo source: www.kremlin.ru

May 31, 2017 in Moscow, at a meeting in the Kremlin, the president handed Valery and Tatiana Novik, Jehovah's Witnesses from Karelia, the Order of "Parental Glory". At the awarding ceremony was also attended by all six children Novikov.

The Order is awarded to parents of large families, who are setting an example to strengthen the institution of the family and the upbringing of children, form a socially responsible family and lead a healthy lifestyle, provide a full and harmonious development of personality of children, a high level of care for their health, education, physical, spiritual and moral development.

In reply, referring to the spiritual and moral development of children, Valery Novik quoted text from the Bible, which serves as a reference for it, both for the parents: "Train up a boy on the right path; he will not depart from it, even when you are old "(Proverbs 22: 6).

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.