JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Vatican Reports Explosion at Nearby Buildings

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2518 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm curious what the cause is. Maybe it's just a gas leak. In any case, it looks very bad.

But that's probably duy to the small alleys over there in Rome.

I should think this is pretty breaking news and should be shown on tv. But the strange thing is that there's nothing

on it. (Main stream media). Is it that fresh?

Edited by skipdaflip

Not all text was visible on the IPAD

I am really surprised I don't see anything about this on CNN or BBC homepages.  That fire looked massive.

EDIT:  No wonder.  The fire wasn't at the Vatican!

Plumes of black smoke filled the sky above Vatican City following reports of an explosion at an auto garage.

Eyewitnesses spoke of seeing thick smoke rising next to the headquarters of the Roman Catholic Church following a 'loud' bang.

The fire department in Palazzo Viminale would later release a video of a fire raging at a wrecking yard situated close to the Vatican walls.

Firefighters were shown battling the blaze as it tore through several cars and a crusher, while a nearby building was evacuated as a precaution. 

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4563358/Vatican-sky-filled-smoke-amid-reports-explosion.html#ixzz4inEalPHY
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by Shawnster

Maybe the big news agencies didnt feel it was newsworthy as it didnt impact the vatican, it was just a loss of  property (a garage fire).

However when there is loss of life (as sad as this sounds) the media pick it up.  Like that  timed attack a few hours ago in London...thats all over the news.