JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Guilty Pleasures

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1798 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have many guilty pleasures. One is sitcoms - even 'bad' ones. Oh, and stage musicals - they are not considered fine culture, but I love many of them. So, what are your guilty pleasures?

guilty pleasure

noun

something, such as a film, television programme, or piece of music, that one enjoys despite feeling that it is not generally held in high regard.

According to Merrimack-Webster: something pleasurable that induces a usually minor feeling of guilt.

Johan

My guilty pleasure is (working on it), watching crime solving shows. I've come a long way I might add!

I just love the way some crimes can be solved, the whole dish including trial, jury and prosecution.  The way clues and other things come into play to catch a  murderer.  Just the thought of righteousness being carried out smooth my soul.

But that sort of stuff can have adverse effects on ones mind and emotions. For they can expose ones mind to seeing murdered victims and cause one to become desensitized.  Effecting ones heart, becoming hard hearted. Against such things we're cautioned! I am more so sensitive to the issue now that it has become a personal experience of mine. 

Actually Charlotte i enjoy series like the body farm ... and yes ... I've curbed me watching all that ... while it's not in the 'wrong' category by any means, it can distract me from other things ... I find the body fascinating and woud not be adverse to being a Funeral Director and all that entails if I wasn't in the truth.

We like Battlebots.

If we had the money we might have made one.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Is machines beating on other machines "violence"?

A metal smith uses a hammer and anvil to beat/hit/strike/fram/clobber/smash the hot metal into whatever shape he wants ..... this could be considered violence :shrugs:

Edited by Qapla

We like Battlebots.

If we had the money we might have made one.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. Is machines beating on other machines "violence"?

A metal smith uses a hammer and anvil to beat/hit/strike/fram/clobber/smash the hot metal into whatever shape he wants ..... this could be considered violence :shrugs:

I guess you could argue it's violence by proxy, much like computer games with violent parts.

Johan