JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW 2017 Convention On You Tube

I was told about this when a brother's sick mother could not make our convention and he said he and mother watched it. 

I don't get it. :confused:

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

28 minutes ago, AH173 said:

I was told about this when a brother's sick mother could not make our convention and he said he and mother watched it. 

I don't get it. :confused:

As usual, there are special arrangements in place that make the 2017 Regional Convention available to ALL deserving ones.

This usurping of the theocratic channel gives me nausea. I have spent three hours today and yesterday collecting the names and email addresses for those that want to get the program through the theocratic channel, the one that provides the spiritual food at the proper time.

Much easier to refer them to 'Debbie Lorango', 'Theocratic Meetings' (Who is that?), and Princessa on YouTube, but it is so wrong. :angry:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

53 minutes ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I thought "Forrest" said it first...

Ssssh he might be older than Forrest *winks at Jerry.

5 minutes ago, Old said:

As usual, there are special arrangements in place that make the 2017 Regional Convention available to ALL deserving ones.

This usurping of the theocratic channel gives me nausea. I have spent three hours today and yesterday collecting the names and email addresses for those that want to get the program through the theocratic channel, the one that provides the spiritual food at the proper time.

Much easier to refer them to 'Debbie Lorango', 'Theocratic Meetings' (Who is that?), and Princessa on YouTube, but it is so wrong. :angry:

Maybe they are friends of the FDS who appear on Facebook?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Yes, this makes me sick, also. It will be sorted out when the time is right.

And, I don't understand how, "friends of FDS who appear on Facebook" has anything to do with this. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

7 minutes ago, Miss Bea said:

Yes, this makes me sick, also. It will be sorted out when the time is right.

And, I don't understand how, "friends of FDS who appear on Facebook" has anything to do with this. 

I'm referring to the profiles of the FDS on facebook .. i can't see any of the FDS describing themselves as a public  figure (unless anyone has any proof otherwise) especially going on the latest WT studies on the anointed not putting themselves above others or hating undue attention. Both the FB profile and posts on youtube attract attention from witnesses who are new, young or weak. (Or am I wrong about the FB profiles?)  Online is so dicey.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

33 minutes ago, Stormswift said:

I'm referring to the profiles of the FDS on facebook .. i can't see any of the FDS describing themselves as a public  figure (unless anyone has any proof otherwise) especially going on the latest WT studies on the anointed not putting themselves above others or hating undue attention. Both the FB profile and posts on youtube attract attention from witnesses who are new, young or weak. (Or am I wrong about the FB profiles?)  Online is so dicey.

I believe the public profiles to be from apostates who are looking to lure the unsuspecting in.  They're the faithful and 'discreet' slave, if they had facebook, they wouldn't be blathering on about their status as anointed ones.  Yes, they may discuss it among those they know, or discuss things for the anointed among themselves, but not in a way that is disrespectful in any manner.  

So tying it in with putting the sessions and movies from the 2017 convention, onto youtube, is exactly the same result, it looks legit to those who don't reason, but in fact is going directly against theocratic instruction. It is not only disloyal, but very unloving towards those who have not been to the convention yet. Most certainly running ahead of the chariot.

In line with the latest morning worship on jwbroadcasting ... Satan's system is designed to capture in all aspects.

These things make me mad. Last year we had an international convention and organised meet and greets, and we got special instructions not to put any photographs, videos or any other material online. This was instructed by a letter on the congregation before this event.

That year I got very disappointed, because it seemed that a lot of brothers and sisters didn't listen to the govern body and placed a lot of videos of the meet and greet online on public internet. These persons were pioneers, elders, young ones etc.

After that I saw the complete convention online. Another disobedient act.

Then I tried to not put my focus on these disobedient acts anymore. Because it would only frustrade me that there are so many persons that don't listen to advice of elders.

But I keep in mind that it could be very difficult for them when they need to listen very strict to instructions given to them by the govern body in the End times. Because their strict obedience could only save their lives then, not their disobediance. 

I think these things will pop up until the End. I'll try to be obedient myself and Will focus on that.

8 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Bea, there are some apostates who have Facebook profiles pretending to be well-known brothers from the Governing Body. They mostly post innocent and legitimate information to attract naive brothers and sisters, and from time to time they include some apostate idea or link.

Mandi was being ironic and comparing the ones who put the convention online to those. Both ones and the others are using the Internet to go against theocratic directions.

These things make me mad. Last year we had an international convention and organised meet and greets, and we got special instructions not to put any photographs, videos or any other material online. This was instructed by a letter on the congregation before this event.

That year I got very disappointed, because it seemed that a lot of brothers and sisters didn't listen to the govern body and placed a lot of videos of the meet and greet online on public internet. These persons were pioneers, elders, young ones etc.

Then I tried to not put my focus on these disobedient acts anymore. Because it would only frustrade me that there are so many persons that don't listen to advice of elders.
But I keep in mind that it could be very difficult for them when they need to listen very strict to instructions given to them by the govern body in the End times. Because their strict obedience could only save their lives then, not their disobediance. 

I think these things will pop up until the End. I'll try to be obedient myself and Will focus on that.

The instruction is usually to not give it public availability - same as conventions (and congregation meetings and other events). If you put it on your own private channel (Facebook, Instagram, etc.,) for a limited release to friends only, you need to remember that not everyone in your pictures would want images of them spread, sometimes not publicly, sometimes not on the Internet, period. Not every speaker wants their talk to be spread around, no matter how excellent the talk. A meet-and-greet is usually a private event, and we need to respect that and be careful with how such images are spread, if at all.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

14 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

Now that is interesting as I HAVE viewed and thoroughly enjoyed some of those videos (either the ones you are speaking off or something similar) the problem here is - brothers and sisters in NZ as an example,  would not be aware that they have been asked not to publicize this ... thinking that they were personal videos which is what I assumed. Which again would have been why the 'Happy at Bethel' video went viral because most are unaware that they were asked to keep it private. When it comes to the conventions though we are ALL (unless very new) aware of the instructions not to publicize any aspects of the Convention beyond what has been already by the FDS.

Edited by Stormswift