JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Attack in Turku, Finland - sister was stabbed to death

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2393 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On ‎21‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 3:37 PM, Rochelle said:

Some youngsters of my congregation decided to make a collage with pictures of the resurrection and comforting bible-scriptures. They  want to send it to the Finnish Branch to forward it to family or the congregation where the sister was from . Once the Collage is  finished I will post a picture. 

Here is the Collage which we sent to the Brothers in Turku:

K800_DSC_1135.JPG

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

I have recently started doing cart witnessing with other sisters in our local community. The situation really pulls at the heartstrings and makes me pray for the family that survive the sister's death. The new system can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Colleen Mansfield-Joiner said:

I have recently started doing cart witnessing with other sisters in our local community. The situation really pulls at the heartstrings and makes me pray for the family that survive the sister's death. The new system can't come soon enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be safe! :heart:

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

On 9/2/2017 at 11:30 AM, Skye said:

A sister sent me this message:

"This is Turku, Finland. Exactly where our sister died 2 weeks ago. The city built this little kiosk so that now JWs can have shelter from rain & sun!!!"

It's really sad but like Abel she, although she died, yet speaks.

IMG_8218.JPG

Would you happen to know the exact source of this information? I know you said a sister sent you this but do you know where she got it from?

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 9/2/2017 at 9:30 AM, Skye said:

A sister sent me this message:

"This is Turku, Finland. Exactly where our sister died 2 weeks ago. The city built this little kiosk so that now JWs can have shelter from rain & sun!!!"

It's really sad but like Abel she, although she died, yet speaks.

I am curious also. By 'exactly' do you mean the city, Turku, or the kiosk in the photo? This photo is showing up on Facebook without the 'exactly' part of the description.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

On 2017-09-02 at 4:04 PM, Tortuga said:

I notice flower bouquets on the ground, I wonder how close this is to where the attack was.

Yes very close Richard .....we are in Finland now. Not far from Turku .....the sisters funeral was last Saturday two locations Turku and streamed to Helsinki ..... around 400 in attendance  counting both locations.  

On 02/09/2017 at 1:45 PM, Rochelle said:

I just noticed that on the left cart they have the brochure..."when someone you loves dies". For sure a Topic which is on the mind of people. 

Yes,on the weekend after a madman shot many people when he went on the rampage around our town in his taxi - none were JW's, but all were known to us - This brochure was placed until it was out of stock on our market stall. Many came to the stall when I was on it and said they had come for some "Comfort and crack (dialect word for chat) at the God Tent". The brothers had a similar experience after 9/11. People know where true comfort can be found.

How nice of the Brothers to arrange for a Special Meeting for those who assist in the Metropolitan Public Witnessing.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Offer Comfort After Attack in Turku, Finland

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=702017158&srcid=share

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

2 hours ago, Rochelle said:

How nice of the Brothers to arrange for a Special Meeting for those who assist in the Metropolitan Public Witnessing.

The pioneers have shown a courageous spirit and are eager to continue public witnessing.

I'd say they're showing courage.  We are quite exposed in our witnessing work, door to door, public, carts, anything really.  And we know Jehovah will always keep supporting us, no matter what.  And especially for our dear brothers and sisters in Finland.