JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Attack in Turku, Finland - sister was stabbed to death

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2421 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

jw.org: News Alerts

BREAKING NEWS | Attack in Turku, Finland

We are deeply saddened to inform you that one of our dear sisters was killed in an attack that took place in Turku, Finland, on Friday, August 18, 2017. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends along with the friends and families of the other victims who were affected by this senseless act of violence. We can all take comfort from Jehovah God’s promise to rescue us from violence and to resurrect all those precious in his eyes.—Psalm 72:14

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

Horrible. Just horrible. Two terrorists attacks in as many days. This world is getting worse and worse every day and it'll continue to get that way until the Kingdom finally comes. Let's keep this sister and her family in our prayers and may Jehovah help them cope with this horrific loss.

8 hours ago, Rochelle said:

I am so sad! Some magazines report that our dear sister was doing street-witnessing in the market-place. 

We are so sad and our praryers go our God of all Comfort,comfort them. 

Can you Please give us a link to the magazines reporting our sister was doing street witnessing?

1 hour ago, Just around the corner said:

We are so sad and our praryers go our God of all Comfort,comfort them. 

Can you Please give us a link to the magazines reporting our sister was doing street witnessing?

Here's an article stating that.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/crime/multiple-people-stabbed-finnish-city-turku-article-1.3422843

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

JW.ORG News

"BREAKING NEWS | Attack in Turku, Finland

We are deeply saddened to inform you that one of our dear sisters was killed in an attack that took place in Turku, Finland, on Friday, August 18, 2017. Our thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends along with the friends and families of the other victims who were affected by this senseless act of violence. We can all take comfort from Jehovah God’s promise to rescue us from violence and to resurrect all those precious in his eyes.—Psalm 72:14"

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

One of the two victims was a Jehovah's Witness passing out leaflets, the newspaper Ila-Sanomat reported.

That newspaper is in Finnish. A rough Google translation says:

There are two people dead at the Turku Market Square stapling.
The police have reported that two people died in Turku's Friday stabbing. According to IS's data, one of the victims was Jehovah's Witness Woman, who was in the market sharing brochures.

- It is true, confirms the information of IS Veikko Leinonen, a spokeswoman for Jehovah's Witnesses.

Police have not formally commented on fatalities or injured genders. The suspect was caught in the police by police shot at her feet. The police have told the suspect that he is a foreign-born, young man who is in hospital.

According to Jehovah's Witness Leinonen, the community has already offered crisis support for the deceased woman's family. According to Leinonen, the deceased woman was a well-respected and valued person among the witnesses. He had no children.

According to Leinonen, a deceased woman lived in Turku but was not Turks native.

- In our view, it was not a blow to our religion, but his involvement in the victim was purely random.

Leinonen reminds us that Jehovah's Witnesses are in so-called gospel work around the world in abundance of people gathering places, such as squares and squares.

- We are there to smile and offer biblical literature to people and nothing has happened in the past. This seems to be quite a sad random event.

According to Leinonen, Jehovah's Witnesses throughout Finland and the world have shown their condolences to the deceased and close friends of the woman.

- Our community is very close.
Sanna-Leena Santapakka

Some youngsters of my congregation decided to make a collage with pictures of the resurrection and comforting bible-scriptures. They  want to send it to the Finnish Branch to forward it to family or the congregation where the sister was from . Once the Collage is  finished I will post a picture. 

2 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

"...police received a tip about the suspect in early 2017, saying that he "appeared to be radicalized and was interested in extreme ideology."

So, according to Russia's determination of Jehovah's Witnesses, an extremist attacked another "extremist."

• 2 weeks later...

I received the Information that officials of Turku granted our Brothers to set up a little hut right in the area where our dear sister was stabbed to death since they want our Brothers to continue their precious service there. Now they have a shelter from sun and rain.

K800_booth in Turku.JPG

6 hours ago, Rochelle said:

I received the Information that officials of Turku granted our Brothers to set up a little hut right in the area where our dear sister was stabbed to death since they want our Brothers to continue their precious service there. Now they have a shelter from sun and rain.

K800_booth in Turku.JPG

Interesting hut, it looks like a prefab for construction site. It's built to be set by a crane and it looks like it has an electrical junction box, which isn't being used. That's a nice temporary shelter. I assume there is a locking door on the side.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

17 minutes ago, Rochelle said:

I just noticed that on the left cart they have the brochure..."when someone you loves dies". For sure a Topic which is on the mind of people. 

I notice flower bouquets on the ground, I wonder how close this is to where the attack was.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D