JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Updates to JW Library (iOS, Android, Windows)

53 minutes ago, Zacchaeus The Short said:

JW app is almost perfect but what I would like it to have is this, the note I make on it to be visible, as it does on other app I use: 

IMG_3547.PNG

I understand that request for the mobile because you don't have the right pane visible at the same time but for a tablet with both panes visible isn't the way it is right now, more "clean"?

That's the same as the way the links to scriptures are dealt with. In other aplications there's a pop-up with the scripture, but in JWLibrary it opens the scripture on the right pane - For me, it's a better implementation as I can be reading the §§ while the text is still presented on the right. For the notes, I think it's better to because we can be reading other §§ and see the notes independently in a clean fashion

9 hours ago, shali said:

Go to the accessibility settings on your tablet/phone and click on "magnifer or zoom" turn it on.  It will now zoom in on images in JW Library. 

Thank you, Brigette. You suggested this some time ago and I have been using it as a workaround.

I am using JW Library for some months while  my wife still uses Moon+ Reader, and she always finds interesting details in the pictures that I can hardly see. In Moon+ Reader you just touch a picture and it becomes fullscreen. I'd love that behavior on JW Library. But in the meantime your suggestion is working. :)

Also, I don't know if anyone answered this, but earlier someone bemoaned the fact that you couldn't make notes on the Life and Ministry schedule.  But YOU CAN.  Here is how to do it in Android (probably works in Apple too):

Go to the slide out menu and press "Meetings", but DO NOT use the LIfe and Ministry Heading to get to the schedule. Instead click on the Workbook icon above those headings and see the full list of the months meetings and parts.  Click on the week from this list that you want to see the schedule for.  NOW you will be able to make notes in the schedule.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

it's on android. Eventually I turned this option off because everytime I was pressing  the keyboard on the same key, like the space or delete I got the screen magnified

Now I just open the pub on wol from the option on jwlibrary and see the image there

I never have that problem on my Android tablet.  I set my magnifier to zoom in when I tapped 3 times fast on the screen.  Which ever part of the picture you tap on is the part that will be magnified (like if you want to see an expression on a particular face, you tap the face and that is the part of the image you will see right away in zoom) Then I tap 3 times fast to zoom back out.  

12 minutes ago, shali said:

Go to the slide out menu and press "Meetings", but DO NOT use the LIfe and Ministry Heading to get to the schedule. Instead click on the Workbook icon above those headings and see the full list of the months meetings and parts.  Click on the week from this list that you want to see the schedule for.  NOW you will be able to make notes in the schedule.

Thanks, Brigette! This worked like a charm. :)

Hey, you've become an expert in troubleshooting JW Library. You should serve at JW Library Support at Bethel. B)

4 minutes ago, shali said:

I never have that problem on my Android tablet.  I set my magnifier to zoom in when I tapped 3 times fast on the screen.  Which ever part of the picture you tap on is the part that will be magnified (like if you want to see an expression on a particular face, you tap the face and that is the part of the image you will see right away in zoom) Then I tap 3 times fast to zoom back out.  

That's what I did also... But if you need to type 3 times anywhere else anytime (happened to me several times when writing fast)it will zoom also because the objective of that function on tablets is to zoom anything for people with vision disabilities ;)

The wol has the added bonus of you being able to see the description for the image also ;)

5 minutes ago, carlos said:

Thanks, Brigette! This worked like a charm. :)

Hey, you've become an expert in troubleshooting JW Library. You should serve at JW Library Support at Bethel. B)

That would be a dream come true, but really, compared to the rest of the brothers in here, I know VERY little.  I'm grateful for topics like this that help us troubleshoot things and figure things out - I learn so much! Our congregation is full of older ones (very few youngings) and I'm always getting asked how to do stuff at every meeting whether it's Apple or Android, so I depend on this particular thread for a lot of answers! (Especially about the Apple stuff! My husband has an Apple tablet  but won't let me touch it [literally]! So without a way to explore the tablet myself, I depend of all of you!

Edited by shali

14 minutes ago, shali said:

Also, I don't know if anyone answered this, but earlier someone bemoaned the fact that you couldn't make notes on the Life and Ministry schedule.  But YOU CAN.  Here is how to do it in Android (probably works in Apple too):

You can make notes regularly on the meeting schedule. Just highlight something and then press on the highlighted sentence and add the note

8 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

That's what I did also... But if you need to type 3 times anywhere else anytime (happened to me several times when writing fast)it will zoom also because the objective of that function on tablets is to zoom anything for people with vision disabilities ;)

The wol has the added bonus of you being able to see the description for the image also ;)

Again, I don't have that problem with my Samsung Galaxy X2 but that may be because when I type on it I use a bluetooth keyboard instead of the virtual one.  I use the virtual one sometimes but LOVE the bluetooth keyboard.  That may be the answer to your zoom problem.

Here's another puzzler.  There is a sister with the same model of tablet as mine (only her's is 8 inch) and when she makes notes in her publications, the note shows up in the color of the highlight she used, so it can be any one of four different colors.  Whereas, in my tablet the notes are always light purple, doesn't matter what color highlight I use.  Do you suppose that has to do with the type of "display" I'm using (I think it's set to Amoled or something like that). 

7 minutes ago, jayrtom said:

You can make notes regularly on the meeting schedule. Just highlight something and then press on the highlighted sentence and add the note

When I do that with the schedule under the Life and Ministry heading I get the icon for "note" but when I press it nothing happens most of the time, it's kinda hit and miss as to whether it will work, whereas if I do it the way I explained earlier, it works everytime.  Wonder if that is a "glitch" because it's that way on both my tablet and phone (Android).

9 minutes ago, shali said:

Here's another puzzler.  There is a sister with the same model of tablet as mine (only her's is 8 inch) and when she makes notes in her publications, the note shows up in the color of the highlight she used, so it can be any one of four different colors.  Whereas, in my tablet the notes are always light purple, doesn't matter what color highlight I use.  Do you suppose that has to do with the type of "display" I'm using (I think it's set to Amoled or something like that). 

The light purple happens when you make a note somewhere without highlighting in color. Otherwise, the color of the highlight is the color of the note. 

Try this: delete a highlight where there's also a note, and the note color will change to purple because there's no highlighted color to correspond. 

Edited by leoperales

48 minutes ago, shali said:

That sounds fabulous!!! Now, I just wish I knew what you said...

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

16 minutes ago, shali said:

When I do that with the schedule under the Life and Ministry heading I get the icon for "note" but when I press it nothing happens most of the time, it's kinda hit and miss as to whether it will work, whereas if I do it the way I explained earlier, it works everytime.  Wonder if that is a "glitch" because it's that way on both my tablet and phone (Android).

but do you highlight first and then click on the highlighted sentence? per your description on other post,it seems you're just making light purple notes (without any highlighted counterpart)

Thank you, Brigette. You suggested this some time ago and I have been using it as a workaround.

I am using JW Library for some months while  my wife still uses Moon+ Reader, and she always finds interesting details in the pictures that I can hardly see. In Moon+ Reader you just touch a picture and it becomes fullscreen. I'd love that behavior on JW Library. But in the meantime your suggestion is working.

I usually click "Open in Online Library" and this allows me to zoom in on the pictures. Of course, it requires a working connection. Zooming pictures in JW Library would be a nice and helpful touch.

Johan
 but do you highlight first and then click on the highlighted sentence? per your description on other post,it seems you're just making light purple notes (without any highlighted counterpart)

You can highlight first and then select the highlighted text. But really it's enough to just select a text. Highlighting is not a necessity.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

9 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I usually click "Open in Online Library" and this allows me to zoom in on the pictures. Of course, it requires a working connection. Zooming pictures in JW Library would be a nice and helpful touch.

Johan
You can highlight first and then select the highlighted text. But really it's enough to just select a text. Highlighting is not a necessity.

Johan

In this particular case discussed by Brigitte you need to highlight first (at least on Android) for this to work

18 hours ago, jayrtom said:

If you don't have a cloud account you can just backup to a file. Then email the file to your self and import it on the other device

You can even click on the file from the email and it will open jwlibrary and import the file directly 

One more question from a layman, in the case: me.

The file name of the application to import is the dll extension? In other words, JWLibrary.dll?

Sorry for my ignorance on this subject. 

7 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

The file name of the application to import is the dll extension? In other words, JWLibrary.dll?

The file name used for the backup has extension ".jwlibrary"

It should include in the name the date of the backup and the device used

Ex: UserDataBackup_2017-05-09_Windows phone.jwlibrary

Edited by jayrtom

The backup file for JW Library has a *.jwlibrary extension, not *.dll.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

My JW Library Android phone does not work like it used to work! emoji30.pngemoji30.pngemoji30.png I used to be to take notes on main opening meeting page!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

See my comments with Brigette a couple of posts back... 

2 hours ago, jayrtom said:

The file name used for the backup has extension ".jwlibrary"

It should include in the name the date of the backup and the device used

Ex: UserDataBackup_2017-05-09_Windows phone.jwlibrary

1 hour ago, Thesauron said:

The backup file for JW Library has a *.jwlibrary extension, not *.dll.

Johan

My brothers, you can not imagine the joy I felt now. I was able to back up the file and import it to my tablet with the notes I made for today's meeting. I also did a test by putting a note of an explanation of a verse from Matthew. So far I've been writing down all my Bible searches in Word document. Now I'm going to spend happy hours copying the notes I've made so far for the Bible on my tablet.

Thank you very much for the help, from my heart!

5 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I am highlighting first, no matter what all my notes are light purple.  I think I will restart my device because it seems a little "glitchy" since the update (the God's Kingdom Rule book doesn't take me to the book mark I press and the page it does take me to flashs!  Might do a restart and see if that doesn't solve some of these little problems.