JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

I was a big fan of George Benson before I knew he was a Witness. I started liking blues in 1973 at age 14, then jazz when I was 16. I love this song as he sings it to these children. The best part is at 2:37 when the little one yawns right in front of George. And he just smiles. I like GB's version better than Whitney Houston's version. This is from 1982. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

I am a big fan of Chicago. I got to see the last time Terry Kath played with Chicago in November of 1977 before his tragic death in January of 1978. I am not a big fan of cover bands. That being said, this group Leonid & Friends is truly exceptional!

And what is even more stunning is that Leonid & Friends, comprised of 11 of the finest musicians in Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, and Belarus, haven't seen Chicago perform live, yet replicates the band’s complex arrangements amazingly note for note.

In this video they are performing from their 1974 album Chicago VII, Mononucleosis. 

Chicago numbered the majority of their albums instead of naming them. Not sure why! 

Give these incredibly talented musicians perform material primarily Chicago but also Earth, Wind & Fire and others. Currently on tour in the United States.

I just found this painful song about death. It was beautifully performed with people expressing their loved ones photos and their thoughts. Death truly is an enemy. My heart hurts for each and everyone who has felt the sting of death. 

Here is a classic from Jerry Reed from 1982. Jerry Reed was considered country music. What I liked about him was the ability to tell a story, even a silly one such as this song "The Bird". Jerry would half sing and half spoke while performing. I got to see him in concert in 1983 in Billings, Montana. Great entertaining show. 

What a band, they put out so many great songs in such a short time. I got to see John Fogerty in concert when he started playing these songs again after a long legal fight. 

48 minutes ago, NotHereEntirely said:

From Russia again, it is quite graphic, but the music in there is nice.

The music is well done, even though I don't understand a word being said. I actually like to listen to music where I don't understand the words. The human voice is an instrument too. 

I've also never seen the movie where all the scene footage is from. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

6 minutes ago, Brother_Bliss said:

The music is well done, even though I don't understand a word being said. I actually like to listen to music where I don't understand the words. The human voice is an instrument too. 

I've also never seen the movie where all the scene footage is from. 

I also don't know where the footage is from,  possibly some more recent rendition of the Gospel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIDNil0NuoQ&t=76s

I am thankful that I grew up at the roller/ice rink with eclectic music playing. It expanded what I would have normally been exposed to. I liked all types of music including Barry Manilow. Most of the brothers my age would never admit to listening to him in the late 70s! This is my funny roller-skating experience to this song.

I purchased the 45rpm record to this song and the first time I played it was at the roller rink for my skating coach. I thought it was a good skating song. As it finished, I skate over to the music stand, where the owner Bob was. He didn't say he liked it, he just asked where I bought it and how much. I told him it was 89 cents and I got it at Yardbirds a local store. He pulls out a $1 and says go by another one, this one's mine now! I mildly protested and just said OKAY. I'll never forget the wry smile he gave me.

He was a good-hearted man. I hope to see him again in the resurrection so we can skate and talk about music again. 

This is just a musical performance, no singing. He has great songs, most with funny lyrics. The guitar he plays is called a "Guit-Steel". You can actually buy the guitar. For you guitar players here is a link to the spec: Stevens Guitars - Electric Guitars, Basses and Mandolins by Michael Stevens, Alpine, Texas

I enjoy listening to music that are covers. This is a Bob Dylan song that this band did a great job of covering. They also do an interesting cover of the song "Jumping Jack Flash". My favorite version of Jumping Jack Flash was by Peter Frampton on his classic live album "Frampton Comes Alive". 

The quote that I use on the bottom of my posts comes from this song. I love the raw emotion that John McDermott brings to this Irish song written by Phil Coulter about missing your dad.