JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

2 hours ago, Lee49 said:

I got to see Paul Mccartney and Wings live when I lived in Michigan, I was always a fan, even though when the Beatles 1st came out ( I was in the 7th grade ) I didn't think they would make it too long, boy was I wrong!

2023-06-17_19h36_40.png

Recently a brother gave a talk and he mentioned that a record exec refused to sign the Beatles because he thought “guitar music.” Wouldn’t last long. I forgot the point he was making but I thought boy did that guy kick himself for that!

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Please excuse the immodest dress…

Larissa Liveir - Black magic woman 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Lee49 said:

One of his best, IMO

I agree. Soul sacrifice will always be my favorite. The Woodstock version is the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Great performance! I posted this same video back on June 5, 2018, over five years ago. Wow! It seems like it was just a couple years ago in my mind. Thanks. :thumbsup:

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

This one has special meaning to me. It was played at the local roller rink where I grew up. I was learning all forms of skating, including speed skating. Our coach would have us practice to this song. We had to keep the same lap time for the entire 11 minutes. We were definitely ready for a water break. 

The roller rink is where I got most of my musical tastes. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

This one has special meaning to me:

I was cruising in my old friends 55 Chevy back in 67 when he put this tape in his 8 track 😉

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" is a song written by Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong for Motown Records in 1966. The first recording of the song to be released was produced by Whitfield for Gladys Knight & the Pips and released as a single in September 1967.

• B-side: "It's Time to Go Now"
  • Released: September 28, 1967

Jimmie Vaughan performing D/FW. Yes, the brother of Stevie Ray Vaughan. I always enjoyed his unusual guitar playing. I saw him play at a show at the Oregon Zoo with Junior Brown, who plays a rather unique guitar. I will post a video by him after this one. 

As promised the one and only Junior Brown playing the Surfing Medley.  This instrumental guitar medley consists of the songs "Pipeline" (Chantays, 1962), "Walk, Don't Run!" (Johnny Smith, 1954), and "Secret Agent Man" (The Challengers, 1965).

I found the music of George Benson in 1975/76 as he was recommended by a high school classmate. I didn't know he was our Brother. I only got to see him live for the first time in 1979, Seattle, Washington at the old Seattle Opera House. Love this cover of the classic song Smile. 

2 hours ago, Friend of Peace said:

My ALL-TIME top male vocalist, no one can match the power and soul in his voice. He just knocks Stevie W. off the top for me.

Here is Mr. Hathaway covering one of my favourite Stevie songs. 

Thanks. I love him too. I’m the opposite. Stevie is my favorite male vocalist. I love Donny though. I discovered him in my teens and was blown away. I’m familiar with this song but didn’t know Donny covered it. I finally listened to his first album about a year ago and was amazed at his talent but sad to know that he was suffering so much inside. 
I’ll post some more of his songs after I listen to the rest of his albums.