JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

A great bluesy song from 70s rockers Bachman-Turner Overdrive in 1973. Randy Bachman (pronounced "back man") formerly of the Guess Who out of Canada. 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

From 1969, The Guess Who release "Laughing". The "B" side as it was a 45RPM was another great song called Undun. I will post that song too. 

"Laughter cannot mask a heavy heart. When the laughter ends, the grief remains."-Proverbs 14:13 Living Bible Translation

As promised the "B" side to "Laughing". Song features a great bridge with interesting lyrics

"Too many mountains and not enough stairs to climb
Too many churches and not enough truth
Too many people and not enough eyes to see
Too many lives to lead and not enough time"

Great intro and conclusion to this song!

Another song with interesting lyrics was the Doors song "Touch Me". At the end of the song, Jim Morrison chants "Stronger than dirt!" The line is from an Ajax commercial popular at the time where a white knight rides around destroying dirt. The last four chords of the song were also lifted from the commercial.   

Boston was a phenomenal band in the 70s with their incredible sound. Brad Delp had the most unique voice, sadly he lost his life to mental illness when he committed suicide on March 8/9th, 2007. This was one of my favorite songs, yes a ballad, a power ballad. So many bands are credited with the power ballad, I just like to hear them played. 

Toby Keith and Sting perform a song about a man going through the pain of divorce. My favorite lyric

"Saw that friend of mine, he said
"You look different somehow"
I said, "Everybody's got to leave the darkness sometime"
I say
"I'm so happy that I can't stop crying
I'm laughing through my tears
I'm laughing through my tears"

Dennis DeYoung performs his hit Desert Moon live in Los Angeles from 2014. He lets guitar player Jimmy Leahey shine in this classic song from 1984. And speaking from a skater's viewpoint, this would have been fun to skate as a solo or with a partner starting at 5:08 to skate to. I can see almost every move I would have choreographed the song with. There are parts where you can slow down to catch your breath and get some energy. 

Bread a group from the late 60s and 70s known for many great love songs. They also could perform more than just slow ballads. Great harmony on this musical classic song. 

Some of the best music came from totally dysfunctional situations. Most of Fleetwood Macs best songs are all deeply personal issues that they were going through, mainly with each other. This is just another example of that dysfunctionality. On a side note, Lindsey Buckingham does not get credit for being a great guitar player!