JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

Rod Stewart performs "You Keep Me Hangin' On" most famously performed by the Supremes from 1966.  in 1967 performed by Vanilla Fudge (psychedelic version) and Kim Wilde(pop) in 1986. What makes this different is the length. I also like the buildup in the song, you can feel the pain of a man desperate for relief from someone who really does not care about him. 3 times as long as The Supremes, twice as long almost as Vanilla Fudge & Kim Wilde version. Song came out my senior year of high school in 1977. I really like the keyboard intro, then the power guitar riffs. 

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

I try to have an eclectic view when it comes to my music taste. I wasn't sure about Roxette when I first heard them. They really grew on me after I picked up their CD at McDonalds of all places. They were having some kind of promotion, I can't remember. I did like the song from Pretty Woman, "Must have been love". If you have a chance I would listen to the entire video of Roxette Unplugged on Youtube. Sadly, Marie Fredricksson would die at age 61 from cancer, a brain tumor. 

One of the greatest live albums of all-time. Neil Diamond takes you on a musical journey of beautiful music. My older brother got to see this tour as his first concert in 1972. It was about a month before this album was recorded.  

Why this was not put on the original release, I don't know. Maybe space was limited on a double record in 1972. I am glad it was included on his 40th anniversary edition. Peter Frampton did the same on his Frampton Comes Alive which is another great live album from the 70s! 

My mind is racing right now. All I can think about is the great music of the 70s that I grew up listening to. One thing about lead singer Ronnie Van Zant that was interesting was he liked to perform barefoot. Van Zant also felt that it was more comfortable for him to perform without shoes. He felt that he had better control of his movements on stage, and that he was able to feel the music more closely when he was barefoot. I always enjoy when bands perform other musicians' material. Heart for example playing Led Zep "Rock N Roll", Prince playing "All along the Watchtower" & "Play that funky Music". This is an alternate version. 

5 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

singer Ronnie Van Zant

Years ago when my son was a teenager there was a family nearby with the last name Van Zant, I never thought anything about it, come to find out the woman was some how related to the singers Van Zant and on one occasion there was a large group over at her house, it was remoured that Willie Nelson was one of the vistors there.

https://jukebugs.com/van-zant-brothers-every-detail-to-know-about-donnie-and-johnny/

5 hours ago, Lee49 said:

In 1990 my brother in law bought my wife and I tickets to go see Wings at the Palace in Michigan, Paul was with his wife Linda then and she was playing keyboards, it was a great performance.

Wowww..... astonishing 👍🏽

On 12/3/2023 at 3:29 AM, DancesWithWife said:

I try to have an eclectic view when it comes to my music taste. I wasn't sure about Roxette when I first heard them. They really grew on me after I picked up their CD at McDonalds of all places. They were having some kind of promotion, I can't remember. I did like the song from Pretty Woman, "Must have been love". If you have a chance I would listen to the entire video of Roxette Unplugged on Youtube. Sadly, Marie Fredricksson would die at age 61 from cancer, a brain tumor. 

One of my favorite bands. I grew up with Roxette, and almost every single song brings back a certain memory of my youth. I´m glad I had the chance to attend their last concert in Germany in 2011 before Marie passed away. It was awesome. 

P.S. I don´t know if you saw this, Gregg, I posted it some months ago:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/33995-christian-jukebox-good-clean-music-to-listen-to/?do=findComment&comment=932261

Edited by coony77

Chrissy :wave:

I'm not a big Van Halen fan, never had any desire to see them. That being said I did enjoy the Sammy Hagar years and the use of a synthesizer.

Sammy Hagar, Michael Anthony, Joe Satriani and Jason Bonham would be interesting to see. 

Dreams by Van Halen 1986.

• 2 weeks later...

We’re gonna groove - Led Zeppelin 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.