JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

Tame Impala - Lost in yesterday 

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

i couldn't pick just one song, so why not the whole concert. Paul Carrack (also keyboard & bass) and Paul Young (percussion/tambourine) on the lead vocals.  Sadly, Paul Young would die about a year later from a heart attack at age 53. The group was a side project of guitarist Mike Rutherford of Genesis in 1985.  I started the video at :55 there was a long introduction. 

Edited by DancesWithWife

added some info

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

This song came to my mind while studying for the Watchtower study in the illustration of the little girl who was scared and her dad is holding her.  It's by Vienna Teng and it's called Lullaby For A Stormy Night.

scared little girl crop.jpg

1 hour ago, Lee49 said:
"Cold hearted orb that rules the night…removes the colors from our sight…red is grey and yellow white, but we decide which is right, and which is an illusion…"

Moody Blues: The Day Begins 

And I've always thought it was "Cold art the orb that rules the night".   :facepalmpo2:

I saw them live at Lake Tahoe  .  .  .   1994 ish

John Fogerty from 1988 at age 43. He is still touring. Just before dementia took my dads mind, I stayed with him for about a month in 2017. Every day we would drive to the hospital to see my mom, who was in the hospital for an extended time he wanted to listen to the music of Creedence Clearwater Revival. His favorite songs were Cotton Fields and Down on the Corner. We would just sing them out loud along with the cd that was playing. I savored every moment. I was 58, dad was 84. I still tear up listening to CCR. 

1 minute ago, DancesWithWife said:

You had to be 9 years old in 1968 to appreciate the Banana Splits show! 

:D

Or 9 years old in 1974... it was still running! ❤️ 

I can't see Brother Fleegle without thinking of this show  :whistling::lol1:I hope you will now, too! 😉 

My favorite Billy Joel song, great lyrics such as "Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes I'm afraid it's time for goodbye again"

One day I hope to actually build my own Jukebox. It is not from these days anymore, but would be eyecathing at home, and filled with songs suggested in this topic. 🙂

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:02 PM, IceBreeze said:

One day I hope to actually build my own Jukebox. It is not from these days anymore, but would be eyecathing at home, and filled with songs suggested in this topic. 🙂

😊 

For brothers and sisters interested, there is this Raspberry Pi based "Jukebox". Please see the YouTube video (not my own video).

...It is how it is... 😊  I love long walks, special when you do the walking. A long answer is not short.

I prefer good and clean music too. There can be a lot of discussion about what is good music. But at least my music is clean. I clean all my cd's once a week with a wet cloth. 😂😂

Marvin Gaye - How deep is the ocean

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.