JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

The black keys - Thickfreakness

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

4 minutes ago, Cushi said:

The black keys - Thickfreakness

Live

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 11/21/2023 at 1:55 AM, DancesWithWife said:

Yes, he could rock or bop, but his ballads reached the heart. Buddy Holly was just barely 22 when he died in a plane crash. What a loss to the music world. His wife learned of his death on a tv news show. The following day she had a miscarriage. A few months later, news reports implemented a policy against announcing victims' names until after families are informed.

The first musical I ever attended was "The Buddy Holly Story" in London in 1992 🙂

It was during our student exchange with a school in England. The next day we all gathered every penny we had and bought Buddy Holly tapes (YES, tapes! It was the early 90s 😁)

Chrissy :wave:

From 1972, first done by Chicory Tip, then Giorgio Moroder.  I don't mind covers, but at least try to add your sound or make the song yours. A great example of this is when Rod Stewart performed "You Keep Me Hangin' On" from his Footloose and Fancy Free album 1977. He turned it from a happy, upbeat song to a brooding, lengthy and moody song that fit the lyrics!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

You can hear the sound of Poco in the Eagles music for a good reason. Both there bass players Randy Meisner & Timothy B. Schmidt came from Poco. This is from 1976 just about a year before Meisner left the Eagles and Schmidt was still in Poco. 

Head East out of the Midwest had one hit, "Never Been Any Reason" from 1975. They never really were successful as they should have been. I saw them in concert when they opened up for Heart in Seattle on New Years Eve. They were a good opening act. They broke up after this concert. This was a song from that last album. 

Another great song by Poco on the first album that Timothy B. Schmit was on after replacing Randy Meisner who left to join the Eagles. About 7 years later in 1977, Schmit replaced Meisner in the Eagles. You can hear the influence both brought to the Eagles! 

A great cover by three legends of music, Steve Cropper of Booker T & the MG's, Tony Kaye of Yes and Joe Lynn Turner of Yes. I really enjoy the funky blues cover of this classic rock song. 

No Doubt - Sunday Morning

• 2 weeks later...

I really started listening to music when I was about 11 in 1970. I try to put things in perspective. This song by Men At Work came out in 1983. That's 41 years ago. If I looked back at popular songs from 1970 to 41 years earlier takes me to 1929! My dad had yet to be born, only 35-40 percent of average Americans had radio. Television was still in a very early stage, it would not be until the 1950's TV would be mainstream. There's just so many things we take for granted. We live in a generation who has only known smart phones, fast internet and streaming tv. 

11 minutes ago, Cushi said:

The Mars Volta - Palm full of crux

Acoustic version