JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

Heatwave - Posin’ Til Closin’

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

On 11/14/2023 at 8:03 PM, Imagine said:

Angelina Jordan - Bohemian Rhapsody - America's Got Talent: The Champions One - January 6, 2020

Just WOW!!!! This is the kind of singing that brings tears to your eyes ❤️

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Metallica - Until it sleeps

From their 1986 album Raised On Radio. Steve Perry was going through a tough time personally and he would leave sticky notes to himself. One was "Be Good to Yourself" to help him cope with his mother slowly dying. Jonathan Cain found the note and helped write the song along with guitarist Neal Schon.  I remember seeing Journey before they got real big, it was their second tour with Steve Perry on lead vocals. I saw them at the old Seattle Mercer Arena that only held 5,000 where I also so Peter Frampton the same year. Journey blew the roof off the place, my ears hurt for 3 days!

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Sam Cooke - Far away places

Sam Cooke - Under Paris skies

I'm not sure how I missed this song from 1972. It's called "Hallelujah" by Sweathog from 1972. It's got a rock beat from that time period, positive lyrics and does not mock the use of the word "Hallelujah". I am including the lyrics with this post. This would have been a fun song to skate to in the day. 

"I used to look at life
In a shade of gray
Til I found some satisfaction
In the things you say
You took me in your hands
And like a piece of clay
You made me a man, now
I'm proud to say

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah

I'd wake up in the morning
And I'd wanna cry
'Cause all my needed answers
Were just passing by

My feelings getting stronger
Each and every day
Lord, now that I've got you
All I wanna say

Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah

Hallelujah, come on
Hallelujah
Clap your hands
If you want to

Hallelujah,
Want you to sing to me now
Hallelujah, sing
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah
Hallelujah, hallelujah..."

--------------------------------------------------

On 2/22/2024 at 3:53 AM, Cushi said:

Just WOW!!!! This is the kind of singing that brings tears to your eyes ❤️

Beautiful! Love the original version but also "creative" and touching interpretations like this one.

Chrissy :wave:

8 hours ago, coony77 said:

Beautiful! Love the original version but also "creative" and touching interpretations like this one.

What, the one by Queen?

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, coony77 said:

Yes

I love that song. It’s brilliantly written and masterfully composed 😊

Edited by Cushi

It doesn't get any better than Al Green singing with the band Chicago from 1973 on Chicago VI album. This album also featured "Feeling Stronger Everyday",  "Just You 'n' Me" and while not a hit on the radio I liked "In Terms in Two".  

21 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

It doesn't get any better than Al Green singing with the band Chicago from 1973 on Chicago VI album. This album also featured "Feeling Stronger Everyday",  "Just You 'n' Me" and while not a hit on the radio I liked "In Terms in Two".  

📻💯