JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Saddest song I've ever heard.:(  In this world they have no choice.  But they'll have a choice in Jehovah's New World. (tu)

Beautiful song. Thanks sister Rosanne for contributing to the thread 🙂

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

16 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Saddest song I've ever heard.:(  In this world they have no choice.  But they'll have a choice in Jehovah's New World. (tu)

Rosanne, thanks, I had totally forgot that song. (tu)

I was watching your avatar chew as I listened to the song. Goes great together.:lol: 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

This song really shows the senselessness of war.

Did you hear what they said? - Gil Scott Heron

Winter in America - Gil Scott Heron

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

I wanted to post 2 other really good Gil Scott Heron songs but he said the d word in both of them. This will do for now...

It’s your world - Gil Scott Heron

Excuse if this has already been posted...

Love is stronger than pride - Sade 

Edited by Brother Jack

Vedder had some good music. Especially on the “Into the wild” soundtrack.

Here are 2 songs I really like.

There’s another one I haven’t found yet because I can’t remember the name right now. 

The lyrics are interesting and the basis of the (true story) movie.

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I hope this doesn’t offend any...if so I apologize.

To me it’s just a song by an agnostic (?)  man who in reality wants Gods help when it comes to his true love. Interesting how certain songs reflect the natural desire humans have but how lacking the truth confuses and bewilders them. Melancholic,  but a beautiful moving tune. 

Edited by Pjdriver

This song grows on you. First time I heard it, it was ok. Now I really like it. 

Chris Cornell  Scar on the sky.

On this Memorial Day/night I thought I would post a memorial song. I wanted to use YouTube but sometimes apostate stuff pops up when the genuine JW videos are over.

https://tv.jw.org/#en/mediaitems/pub-jwbnw_201602_149_VIDEO

@Pjdriver I never really was a Eddie Vedder fan. I especially didn’t like pear jam but I liked the song Jeremy. It has a curse word in it so I can’t post it here. I did however appreciate the lyrics of that second song you posted. One song he was in that I did like was hunger strike by Temple Of The Dog with Chris Cornell 🙂

Edited by Brother Jack

On 4/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Pjdriver said:

I hope this doesn’t offend any...if so I apologize.

To me it’s just a song by an agnostic (?)  man who in reality wants Gods help when it comes to his true love. Interesting how certain songs reflect the natural desire humans have but how lacking the truth confuses and bewilders them. Melancholic,  but a beautiful moving tune. 

I wasn’t offended by it. I could appreciate the song :)

Love these 3 songs. Great tunes great voices.

Edited by Pjdriver

Journey's "Who's Cryin' Now"

A few years back, I bought a CD at a thrift store thinking it was Native American music.

spacer.png

"For the Love of Strange Medicine".  

Just played it for the first time and it turned out to be Rock.

I liked it, though.  The guy doing the vocals voice sounded sooooooooooooo familiar.

Checked out Steve Perry on Amazon Music and come to find out he was lead singer for Journey.

No wonder his voice sounded so familiar.  LOLOLOL

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 1/16/2018 at 12:02 PM, Brother Jack said:

More from Incubus. WARNING: these songs may be too hard for some, especially the second one.

New skin - Incubus 

Calgone - Incubus 

One thing I love about Incubus apart from the quality of their music is that they always sound great live.

WARNING: The song consequence that pops us at the end has a curse word in it. I’m not sure about the other one.

New skin live

Edited by Brother Jack

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

One of my all time faves:

I have never heard Simply Red's remake.  Do they do it justice?

Hey, I was gonna post that song :lol: the Simply Red version is good. Not as good as the original but very close. 

5 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

One of my all time faves:

I have never heard Simply Red's remake.  Do they do it justice?

I posted this a few pages back. But it’s good enough to post again. >:D<

Edited by Pjdriver