JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

First, Neil young (a southerner) did this song about slavery and the white southern shame........

Then  Lynard Snynard, a Southern band, countered with this song about southern pride. 

and the politics is still going on today. :facepalmpo2:

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

I just posted that about two pages back....LoL!

Makes you want to drive one of them big rigs. :coffee:

Wow, I’m surprised That I don’t remember.

Edit: ... and I even liked the video!

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

First, Neil young (a southerner) did this song about slavery and the white southern shame........

Then  Lynard Snynard, a Southern band, countered with this song about southern pride. 

and the politics is still going on today. :facepalmpo2:

I was going to post a Lynryd Skynyrd song along with the Jerry Reed song but decided to save it for another time. I posted Sweet home Alabama on page 15, the first post, so we’re even :P

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Love this song. Listen to just the music and tell me if it sounds like Billy Jean by MJ, with the rhythm sped up a little.

Nice tune from the seventies.

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, Pjdriver said:

Love this song. Listen to just the music and tell me if it sounds like Billy Jean by MJ, with the rhythm sped up a little.

Nice tune from the seventies.

Two great songs. I forgot all about that first song. It’s very common for black music artists to use samples from other artists when producing a song. R&B artists do this but hip hop artists do it the most. I like it. It’s genius how the producers can sample a track to make a beat out of it and make it even better. It doesn’t sound like Billie Jean was sampled, though. It sounds like they made their own beat to sound like the beat from Michael Jackson’s song. I guess Billy Ocean’s producer thought that since the beat from Billie Jean was so catchy and contributed so much to the success of the song, it would be a good idea to try to emulate it. 

Oh how could I forget this one!

On 12/17/2017 at 6:41 PM, Brother Jack said:

Love island - Fatboy Slim

Clubbed to death - Rob Dougan

Days go by - Dirty Vegas 

I forgot to mention that if there’s a song you want to post but am not sure of, be sure to look the lyrics up to make sure. There’s several songs I wanted to post but changed my mind after reading the lyrics.

After all this time I just realized that I posted the wrong song...

Clubbed to death - Rob Dougan (Kurayamino mix)

A couple of very talented women.

Great song on a great album. Excellent song writer

Something about her voice I really like.

3 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

A couple of very talented women.

Great song on a great album. Excellent song writer

You beat me to it 🙂 I know I’ve said that in this thread before but the reason why I say this is because every time a song comes to mind that I can post, I put it in my notes in my phone. I have a long list of songs to post and I go to this list everyday before I post songs. This is to keep the thread alive and fun. This song was on my list 🙂

1 hour ago, Brother Jack said:

You beat me to it 🙂 I know I’ve said that in this thread before but the reason why I say this is because every time a song comes to mind that I can post, I put it in my notes in my phone. I have a long list of songs to post and I go to this list everyday before I post songs. This is to keep the thread alive and fun. This song was on my list 🙂

Great minds think alike. :whistling:

I had to post this. First, I love this song. It’s been done by so many artist. This kid is really into the blues aspect of the song. I could listen to this guitar all day. He’s really getting into it. 

I had to post this. First, I love this song. It’s been done by so many artist. This kid is really into the blues aspect of the song. I could listen to this guitar all day. He’s really getting into it. 

Yes, I like that song too. You’ll probably enjoy the version I posted by Chris Stapleton on page 35, post 853.

Edited by Brother Jack

33 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Always like the the sound of Roy Orbison

Yes, I posted some Roy Orbison songs, including pretty woman. I was surprised when I saw an interview with his blonde haired son and he said his dad’s hair was actually blonde but he dyed it black and wore shades so nobody noticed.

4 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

This is what I remember listening to on my transitor radio, on my way to school.

Oh how could I forget this classic? Back when songs were just about love between a man and woman and not about immoral sex. You can tell the era from the psychedelic colors/patterns.

Thanks for all you guys help in keeping this thread alive. @Pjdriver , @EccentricM , @1gemstone , @minister159 , @Katty , and others have contributed so much to this thread. Thank you so much. This is now the second most commented on and viewed thread in this section :)