JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Christian jukebox (good clean music to listen to)

20 hours ago, Brother Jack said:

Thanks for all you guys help in keeping this thread alive. @Pjdriver , @EccentricM , @1gemstone , @minister159 , @Katty , and others have contributed so much to this thread. Thank you so much. This is now the second most commented on and viewed thread in this section :)

Thanks to you Jack for starting this thread. I think it’s fun for us few who post because we all seem to have a wide variety of genres we enjoy.

There’s no question, Jehovah programmed music right into his creation. It’s a natural as language. 

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

1 hour ago, minister159 said:

Marcus King is a very good guitar player. I seen him last year open for  Tedeski and Trucks.

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

A classic by a great sounding group.

Great R&B singer....died young. Can you imagine talent we’re going to have in the new world?

On 3/26/2019 at 3:25 PM, minister159 said:

I was gonna post this version by Ella Fitzgerald but this version is better. I liked the spin that Sublime put on it but it had some inappropriate words.

Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald ft Louis Armstrong

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Have you ever wondered what an Angel in heaven sounds like when they sing?

Here are 4 examples:

18 minutes ago, Pjdriver said:

Have you ever wondered what an Angel in heaven sounds like when they sing?

Here are 4 examples:

Beautiful voices. You beat me to that Whitney Houston song. I have an aunt who looks exactly like her. She can sing too. She’s in the choir in her church.

Edited by Brother Jack

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Now for the Latino sound....nice.

Edited by Pjdriver

3 hours ago, EccentricM said:

Ger the Rigger/Riding On a Load of Hay/Freeount Polka - Good Company

A short suite of tradtional Irish Polka pieces. You could say Celtic music was like the "Country music" of the British Isles.

You’re right...it reminds me of a southern barn dance here in the USA.

A hoedown...yaaaa hoooo!!! :lol1:

Edited by Pjdriver

I seen that Riverdance show from years ago that was touring. Mostly good ol’ Celtic music and dance, but they included a variety of acts. I enjoyed it very much.

Edited by Pjdriver

@Pjdriver the similarities between Country and Celtic is a direct link from when people from Ireland moved to the US. Buck dancing (Appalachian flat-footing) comes from Irish Sean Nos dancing (the oldest form of Irish tap dance, which is not upright and stiff like Irish Step dancing, which is much, much younger).

Edited by EccentricM

On 3/26/2019 at 1:04 AM, Brother Jack said:

Thanks for all you guys help in keeping this thread alive. @Pjdriver , @EccentricM , @1gemstone , @minister159 , @Katty , and others have contributed so much to this thread. Thank you so much. This is now the second most commented on and viewed thread in this section :)

I need to get back to contributing more. I logged into Spotify again, so I might share some of my old playlist music from there.

A friend of mine in California seen this group when they were first starting out. He seen them play in some Biker’s bar with a small cover charge.

He doesn’t go to those kinds of bars anymore. :innocent: 

Two great songs from from my era. :wheelchair:

I like when he plays the harmonica, about half way through.

18 minutes ago, Old said:

IHMO: Be warned: To the making of many songs there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh. :D

Everybody has to have at least one vice. :whistling:

I forgot who said it... but someone said;

‘if you try to kill all my demons,  you might kill an angel too’. 

Something like that. :coffee:

2 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

A friend of mine in California seen this group when they were first starting out. He seen them play in some Biker’s bar with a small cover charge.

He doesn’t go to those kinds of bars anymore. :innocent: 

Two great songs from from my era. :wheelchair:

I like when he plays the harmonica, about half way through.

Good songs. We like a lot of the same songs. I had that second song on my list 🙂

18 hours ago, Pjdriver said:

Everybody has to have at least one vice

There are worse ones to have. There are many things in this world we can't do due to their unchristian themes, so I say the things we "can" do, do to the full! (so long as they don't take priority over spiritual things of course).