JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Watchtower Library 2016 & an iPad

I did try to search even with the * ... alas - I couldnt find anything :(

Hoping for help - when it comes to technology I am still flashing 12:00 on my VCR...

Someone asked ME... Me! LOL... they asked me how to get the WTL2016 onto their ipad

and while they are asking?... does that work for an ipad mini as well (something I own - but I just learned how to turn it on... never mind turning the volume up or down yet... that is lesson #2)

So please - could someone walk me through that - WTL2016 onto an ipad ... oh also does that work for an Samsung tablet?

Thanking you in advance for your help :)

The Watchtower Library on DVD can't be loaded onto an iPad or an Android device.  It runs on Windows 10 only.  Some tablets will operate on Win 10 and they can usually use the WT Library (2016 or whatever).  Some Apple Macintosh users have found Windows emulators to make the Library work (or load it in the Wine system).

There are some iPad users who purchase the Isilo app and then find copies of the Watchtower Library that have been converted into PDB files that re read by Isilo.  I believe the last time this was done was for the 2013 edition in English,

Sorry, there appears to be no effort to convert the WT Library to Apple or Android by our organization.

Edited by jwhess

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

It runs on Windows 10 only. 

44 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

As far as I know, it only works on Microsoft OS, like Windows 10.

Thanks for confirming something I had no clue about - So many folks here are so uber brilliant on computer stuff that I feel like they speak a foreign language - so that makes it so easy to pass on the message and say - nope ... that doesn't work.  That I can do! :D

Not quite true about Windows 10. The "Readme" file on the WT Library 2016 DVD says:

Question:  What are the requirements for a computer to install and run Watchtower Library?
Answer:  The Watchtower Library system requirements are as follows:
·    Pentium-compatible processor or higher
·    Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (not Windows RT), Windows 10
·    48 MB RAM required for the application
·    1.5 GB free disk space on C drive
·    DVD-ROM drive
·    Mouse
·    Sound card, speakers, or headphones (optional, for the pronunciation feature if available)

Not quite true about Windows 10. The "Readme" file on the WT Library 2016 DVD says:

Question:  What are the requirements for a computer to install and run Watchtower Library?

Answer:  The Watchtower Library system requirements are as follows:

·    Pentium-compatible processor or higher

·    Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 (not Windows RT), Windows 10

·    48 MB RAM required for the application

·    1.5 GB free disk space on C drive

·    DVD-ROM drive

·    Mouse

·    Sound card, speakers, or headphones (optional, for the pronunciation feature if available)

Sorry about the misleading Windows 10 comment. I should have said: It runs on Microsoft OS inc Windows 10

[Computer wizzes (?) can force mods and make emulators, but that can be a rough road, not always 'user friendly']

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

18 hours ago, TonyWenz said:

As far as I know, it only works on Microsoft OS, like Windows 10.

Older
{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

It is so easy to confuse WT Library and JW library. JW Libray requires Windows 10, easy to confuse.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

I noticed a chart from 2017 that showed the distribution of Windows OS users.  (these are approximate numbers and rounded)  Windows XP is more than 15 years old.

Win XP = 7%

Win Vista = 2%

Win v.7 = 48%

Win v.8 = 7%

Win v.10 = 26%

It was mentioned in this thread, that the JW Library (not the DVD) states that it requires Windows 10 and the new release today states that future upgrades will require Windows 10 Build 1607 (Creators Version).