JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Place for Women in Construction

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2118 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

On 3/10/2018 at 7:55 AM, Stormswift said:

Not much room for me ... unless it's deconstruction.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:05 AM, njwinans said:

You'll have job security in the new world.  :)  

On 3/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, Stormswift said:

Aaah true I never thought of that. Me - right there on the forefront.

Add me in that crew, I just want to blow things up...

There are very few things in life that can't be resolved with the proper application of high explosives...:exclamation::whistling::punk::eek:>:D<

Aww how kind of a brother & his wife, I just heard today that they donated natural lip balm made of beeswax from their own bees, to all the sisters that work on the machines at Chelmsford branch relocation! Aww that’s lovely.

Probably as a result of the item on jw.org.....   :-) 

• 3 months later...
On 3/21/2018 at 3:08 PM, Tortuga said:

To all, prayerfully consider marking the Disaster Relief box on the application. You are not obligated to accept every invitation to help with Disaster Relief but if you mark the box, then the brothers can you use if there is a disaster in your area and you are able to help...

How I do that when my DC - 50 is already accepted?

On 3/10/2018 at 10:55 AM, Stormswift said:

Not much room for me ... unless it's deconstruction.

That’s my first assignment 

47 minutes ago, Margaret said:

How I do that when my DC - 50 is already accepted?

That’s my first assignment 

Sr. Margaret, you have to fill out a new DC-50 to add the Disaster Relief or change other things like Pioneering.  Get the elders to sign it and send it in (electronically if possible).

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

Sr. Margaret, you have to fill out a new DC-50 to add the Disaster Relief or change other things like Pioneering.  Get the elders to sign it and send it in (electronically if possible).

Thanks Br. John 

On 3/10/2018 at 1:02 AM, jwhess said:

If your DC-50 was accepted, they should have given you a number to fill in your skills profile on Builder Assistant (BA).  Click on your picture and your profile should be one of the options.  Click on your profile and one of the tabs at the top is "Skills".  Click on "Skills" and all sorts of choices should appear.  If you are interested in one of these (I would do a little research on the variations beforehand) click on that skill and fill in the answers to the questions (to the best of your ability).  The second (or maybe third) box is "assessment.  This is your personal assessment of your skill level.  there are five levels to click on.  The very first level is "No training or experience".  Choose that one.  If you know a little bit, choose level two "I can assist" bracket.  I was told by one of the interviewers that the need is for able volunteers, not necessarily ones with licenses or formal training.

Reach out intensely and pray for guidance.  I wish you well. 

If your DC-50 was accepted ..they. Accepted by whom, they who? My son and I filed DC-50’s years ago. And I do not recall being referred at any time to BA. It’s not all that important to me right now( I have loads to do in Jehovah’s Service Now). But back then it might have made a big difference. Who “ should have “ given me a number ? Or who should have told me my DC-50 was not accepted? Or went down a rabbit hole and needed to be refilled?