JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

A Place for Women in Construction

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2090 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 hour ago, jwhess said:

I always ask, "Is your form DC-50 submitted and  up to date?"  They can't ask you if you don't apply.  If it is in order then the next step is "earnest prayer".  I wish you success...:D

There are 3 sisters who are getting trained to be Drafters in our LDC Zone.  Matt 7:7. :)

"It's a good day to be alive and serve the True God, Jehovah." 

We have a few sisters that drive the forklifts at the warehouse - my daughter is making room for forklift in her schedule and she should be receiving her invitation - perhaps by next week.

The first thing the Elder who oversees the warehouse asks when someone inquires about working at the warehouse - Is you DC-50 current and have you included this skill on it?

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

5 hours ago, Qapla said:

We have a few sisters that drive the forklifts at the warehouse - my daughter is making room for forklift in her schedule and she should be receiving her invitation - perhaps by next week.

The first thing the Elder who oversees the warehouse asks when someone inquires about working at the warehouse - Is you DC-50 current and have you included this skill on it?

Yes - DC-50 has been in for over a year and a half... was part of RBC since 2008 - never been called to do anything. :(  I didn't put those skills on because I do not have those skills.  I can paint.  I can sing.  I can manage projects.  I took drafting in middle school (in 1979).  I can run a spectacular office (administrative skillz thru the roof!).  B)

I didn't see a spot to list things a person would like to *learn* how to do...  I'm unclear as to exactly what sort of skills are needed/would be recruited for.  In my area, all the sisters who do the cool (or even uncool things) with any regularity are the wives of the brothers who are in heavy demand.  Not many single sisters... especially not of my age bracket :wheelchair:  I suppose that if Jehovah sees fit for me to expand my service in this way, He'll see to it.  Or not  :shrug:

Here I am -- I'm sendable, regardless.  :) 

Edited by Hope

21 hours ago, mserskine said:

It was so nice reading this item on jw.org especially as I know all the sisters personally. It’s an understatement that they work hard! I saw many tears from these sisters interviewed, saying they didn’t know if they could get the hang of operating heavy machinery or have the skills needed! Sometimes even getting stuck in the mud! But with much training & encouragement they became excellent operators. I feel privileged to have been able to work alongside many of our lovely sisters. :-) I also wanted to learn to operate heavy machinery until they nabbed me for my hairdressing skills!! Hehe!! :-)

10 hours ago, Hope said:

Yes - DC-50 has been in for over a year and a half... was part of RBC since 2008 - never been called to do anything. :(  I didn't put those skills on because I do not have those skills. 

I didn't see a spot to list things a person would like to *learn* how to do...  I'm unclear as to exactly what sort of skills are needed/would be recruited for. 

If your DC-50 was accepted, they should have given you a number to fill in your skills profile on Builder Assistant (BA).  Click on your picture and your profile should be one of the options.  Click on your profile and one of the tabs at the top is "Skills".  Click on "Skills" and all sorts of choices should appear.  If you are interested in one of these (I would do a little research on the variations beforehand) click on that skill and fill in the answers to the questions (to the best of your ability).  The second (or maybe third) box is "assessment.  This is your personal assessment of your skill level.  there are five levels to click on.  The very first level is "No training or experience".  Choose that one.  If you know a little bit, choose level two "I can assist" bracket.  I was told by one of the interviewers that the need is for able volunteers, not necessarily ones with licenses or formal training.

Reach out intensely and pray for guidance.  I wish you well. 

6 hours ago, Hope said:

I think I have not been accepted, then. :( I've never known about an online form (although I had one for RBC), just the paper one given by the Secretary.

Thanks for the good wishes, tho!  :)

Do you have a Builders Assistant account?

LDC uses BA to track skills and issue invitations.

This topic may help explain..

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/19146-all-things-ldc/?do=findComment&comment=438923

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

5 hours ago, Stormswift said:

Not much room for me ... unless it's deconstruction.

Years ago I saw a demolition company and their logo was “Watch it come down!”

I’ve used that for all sorts of my projects. :lol:

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

• 2 weeks later...

Yes as Tortuga says, there is another website called Builders Assistant. a couple of months ago I filled out a DC-50, and then received an email with instructions to log onto Builders assistant.  This is where you can list skills, print your own job site card, and many more things.  This is where the brothers will look for volunteers to work on various assignments.  The reason that I filled it out initially was so I could climb on the roof of our own Kingdom Hall and clean the valleys and gutters.  Without a DC-50 and specifically going through the high risk training which includes fall protection, nobody is allowed on the roof of any Theocratic building.  Since I am part of the LDC system and have filled out the skills section of Builders Assistant, I have already been called to discuss my skill level in various trades.  I never really wanted or expected that I would be called, I really only wanted to be able to work on our own hall since I am the lead on the Hall Maintenance where I live, but you never know, perhaps this might make me get out of my comfort zone and reach out more.  

The days of getting invited to a project by word of mouth are gone now.  No more do we see 200 brothers showing up at a job site and being put to work.  Safety is of the utmost importance as well as securing a job site that only allows legitimate volunteers to be there.  It can be frustrating to some of the friends that have worked on so many projects over the past 30 years, but this is the new direction from the organization.  for all those out there that have not filled out a DC-50, approach the COBE in your hall and talk to him about starting the process.  Once this is done, things will start to make sense.  Sometimes we need to look back to see why we ended up where we are today. .  Just like all of the major changes we have seen over the last 20 years or so, we will look back and really see how much better this is, and that the reasons will become completely clear to us.  

1 hour ago, The Deej said:

for all those out there that have not filled out a DC-50, approach the COBE in your hall and talk to him about starting the process. 

To all, prayerfully consider marking the Disaster Relief box on the application. You are not obligated to accept every invitation to help with Disaster Relief but if you mark the box, then the brothers can you use if there is a disaster in your area and you are able to help...

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/10/2018 at 7:54 AM, Tortuga said:

Do you have a Builders Assistant account?

LDC uses BA to track skills and issue invitations.

This topic may help explain..

https://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/19146-all-things-ldc/?do=findComment&comment=438923

BTW - Richard... yes, I had an account at one point and have had to open another one.  No response to my recent DC-50 form, however.  I'll just hang out and see what happens.  :) 

8 minutes ago, Hope said:

BTW - Richard... yes, I had an account at one point and have had to open another one.  No response to my recent DC-50 form, however.  I'll just hang out and see what happens.  :) 

Let me know if you have a problem opening the new BA account. If your JW.org account password is different than your old RBC BA account, you need to use the old RBC BA password to open the new LDC BA account the first time, then it will link with the JW.org account and the JW.Org password will open the account from then on..

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

If your JW.org account password is different than your old RBC BA account, you need to use the old RBC BA password to open the new LDC BA account the first time,

While this is the normal/recommended way to link BA with jw.org - there is also an option that allows you to set a "new  password" while linking the accounts - in case you do not know or have forgotten your old password.

As a matter of interest I thought I would mention that we had "Bethel Forklift Training" this past Saturday at the Disaster Relief Warehouse" in Jacksonville. Fl. The class included those of us who already drive forklifts and some who are being trained. About half the class were Sisters.

All those invited were instructed in the proper use and operation of such lifts. After the class we had a written exam followed by a "practical" exam - in other words, we had to drive an obstacle course with the forklifts.

Happy to say that we all passed and are now "Bethel Certified" to operate forklifts. This Certification and training will be reflected on our Builder Assistant account. It is not something we update., it is updated through official channels by the instructor/tester.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

3 minutes ago, Qapla said:

While this is the normal/recommended way to link BA with jw.org - there is also an option that allows you to set a "new  password" while linking the accounts - in case you do not know or have forgotten your old password.

Thanks. I had mentioned that in the other thread. When my wife's DC-50 was processed they reactivated her old RBC account however my wife had forgotten her RBC password. We had to use the Forgot Password link to get a temporary password, once BA was open it linked to the JW account and the JW account password became valid for BA. 

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Let me know if you have a problem opening the new BA account. If your JW.org account password is different than your old RBC BA account, you need to use the old RBC BA password to open the new LDC BA account the first time, then it will link with the JW.org account and the JW.Org password will open the account from then on..

When I went thru the link from my old RBC account, I couldn't recall the password and when I submitted the email I used (which I know is correct) I got no response.  I think perhaps my RBC account expired.  So... I set up a new one thru JW. org and it's just brand new.  None of my old info is in it.

Which is fine... there wasn't really much there.  I'm just waiting/hoping to hear any feedback on the application I did turn in.  :)

4 minutes ago, Hope said:

When I went thru the link from my old RBC account, I couldn't recall the password and when I submitted the email I used (which I know is correct) I got no response.  I think perhaps my RBC account expired.  So... I set up a new one thru JW. org and it's just brand new.  None of my old info is in it.

Which is fine... there wasn't really much there.  I'm just waiting/hoping to hear any feedback on the application I did turn in.  :)

Good. LDC may reactive the old RBC account, see my last post.

The JW.org account and the BA account are different and the congregation secretary or COBE need to link them with a code from the JW account. 

17 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

The JW.org account and the BA account are different and the congregation secretary or COBE need to link them with a code from the JW account

It is good to remind users that the code the COBE needs is NOT the one that is sent by email to you to set up your JW.ORG account.  It is the number that appears on the bottom right side of the opening page in your JW. ORG account when you log in.  We have had a lot of confusion with these two numbers but it all got worked out i the end.  It just took a little while.

When that is all done and activated, then you will get an account number for your BA Account allowing you to set up your profile and skills set.