JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Examining the Scriptures Daily - 2017

katielou

Friday, March 17

Happy are the pure in heart, since they will see God.—Matt. 5:8.

How might we see Jehovah’s hand in our lives? Consider: Perhaps you feel that the way you received the truth was clearly at God’s direction. Have you ever attended Christian meetings, heard a part, and said: “That was just what I needed”? Or you may have experienced an answer to a prayer. Maybe you decided to expand your ministry and were amazed at how Jehovah helped to work things out for you. Or have you ever experienced leaving a job for spiritual reasons and then seen the truth of God’s promise: “I will never abandon you”? (Heb. 13:5) By being spiritually alert and “pure in heart,” we can discern how Jehovah has helped us in many ways. How can we be “pure in heart”? We must be clean on the inside and stop any wrong conduct. (2 Cor. 4:2) As we cultivate stronger spirituality and manifest upright conduct, we put ourselves among those who can see God. w15 10/15 1:17, 19

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Saturday, March 18

If anyone would minister to me, the Father will honor him.—John 12:26.

Among the crowds in Jerusalem were some Greek proselytes who evidently were so impressed with Jesus that they asked the apostle Philip to arrange a meeting with him. Jesus, however, refused to be distracted from the more important matters that lay ahead. He certainly did not want to try to gain popularity in order to avoid a sacrificial death at the hands of God’s enemies. So after explaining that he would soon die, he said to Andrew and Philip: “Whoever is fond of his life destroys it, but whoever hates his life in this world will safeguard it for everlasting life.” Rather than satisfy the curiosity of those Greeks, he recommended following his self-sacrificing course and said the words of today’s text. No doubt, Philip carried this positive message back to the inquirers. (John 12:20-25) Though Jesus refused to be distracted from his main purpose of preaching the good news, he was not always thinking about work. w15 10/15 3:13, 14

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Jesus knew what his purpose was on the earth was to preach and that he would have to die a sacrificial death. So in order to keep his mind on the more important things and honour his father Jehovah he refused to be distracted.   Great counsel for us  all to take on so the we to do not become distracted as the end grows ever closer.

Todays text in my few words ... 
Priorities. Jesus knew what his purpose was. It stayed foremost in his mind. He did take time for personal things but he kept them in their place. His work was to do the will of his Father. But he did rest. He did associate with his family and friends. He did not waste his time with those who would want to argue or were just curious about him but not really interested to take the time to seek him out themselves. He refused to be distracted. There are so many distractions in this world. Not all of them bad. Some are fantastic ideas and pursuits. But will we let this world distract us from serving Jehovah? It can happen easier than you think. If we truly Love Jehovah and appreciate the gift he has waiting for us we will strive to keep our focus. We will enjoy the things in this time period that are pure  and clean and fun, but not to the extent that it takes our focus away from how close we are to the end... or you could say the beginning. Remember always where we are in the stream of time. 

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: 

Sunday, March 19

All those for whom I have affection, I reprove and discipline.—Rev. 3:19.

Although Jesus’ disciples repeatedly argued about who was the greatest among them, Jesus did not give up on them. He also did not ignore it when they failed to respond to his counsel. Lovingly and mildly, Jesus reproved them at a suitable time and place. (Mark 9:33-37) Show your love for your children by disciplining them. It is sometimes enough to explain why a certain course is right or wrong. At other times, a child may fail to apply what you say. (Prov. 22:15) When that happens, imitate Jesus. At a fitting time and place, discipline your child lovingly and mildly through patient guidance, training, and correction. “My parents never disciplined me in anger or without explaining why I was being disciplined,” says Elaine, a sister in South Africa. “As a result, I felt secure. I knew my boundaries, and I understood what was required of me.” w15 11/15 1:5, 6

Monday, March 20

God is love.—1 John 4:16.

Imagine what life would be like if God did not have love for mankind. We merely have to look at the awful history of this world with its human rulerships under its unloving and wrathful god, Satan the Devil. (2 Cor. 4:4; 1 John 5:19; Rev. 12:9, 12) This shows us how horrible the future would be if the universe were to function without the operation of God’s love. When rebelling against Jehovah’s rule, the Devil challenged the rightfulness and righteousness of God’s universal sovereignty. In effect, Satan claimed that his rule would be better than that of the Creator. (Gen. 3:1-5) Though Jehovah permitted Satan to try to prove his side of the issue, such permission was temporary. In his great wisdom, Jehovah has allowed enough time to pass to expose very clearly the inadequacy of any rule other than his. The miserable record of mankind shows that neither humans nor Satan can provide what we need in the way of good rulership. w15 11/15 3:3, 4

Tuesday, March 21

Make a defense . . . with a mild temper and deep respect.—1 Pet. 3:15.

By maintaining a humble attitude, Jehovah’s people obey an important principle given by Jesus. In his Sermon on the Mount, he declared: “You heard that it was said: ‘You must love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ However, I say to you: Continue to love your enemies and to pray for those who persecute you, so that you may prove yourselves sons of your Father who is in the heavens, since he makes his sun rise on both the wicked and the good and makes it rain on both the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Matt. 5:43-45) Yes, as God’s servants, we must learn to ‘love our enemies,’ regardless of their attitude toward us. In all areas of life, Jehovah’s people must show by their attitude and actions that they love Jehovah and their neighbor. For instance, even if some do not respond favorably to the Kingdom message, we show neighbor love when they are in need. w15 11/15 4:17, 19, 20

Wednesday, March 22

They understood the words that had been made known to them.—Neh. 8:12.

God’s people have always used their ability to speak—to use language—to praise Jehovah and to make his will known to others. In recent times, a significant way to promote pure worship by the use of language has been through Bible translation. There are thousands of Bible translations, but they vary in how faithfully they convey the message from the original texts. In the 1940’s, the New World Bible Translation Committee established principles of translation that have been followed in over 130 languages. These are: (1) Sanctify God’s name by restoring it to its rightful place in the Scriptures. (Matt. 6:9) (2) Translate the original inspired message literally where possible, but convey the correct sense when a word-for-word rendering would distort the meaning. (3) Use easy-to-understand language that encourages reading.—Neh. 8:8. w15 12/15 2:1, 2