JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

2018 Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses - Public Service Announcement

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2076 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 1 month later...

To me, the end of all things has arrived.  So whatever means the FD&S has as it's disposal, so be it.   Jehovah is allowing it and the message is being said loud and clear.  So when that "day" arrives, there will be no mistakes that no one knew or heard the message, whether from our very mouths, the publications, the Internet app for JW.ORG, JW.BROADCASTING... etc, whatever arsenal Jehovah has here on earth for every nation under the sun to here his message through his F&DS class.   Because, when he unleashes his other arsenal, it won't be very friendly.  It will be DIVINE and Judgmental.   

I am so looking forward to this years convention.  I hear from our Spanish speaking friends that "YOU BETTER BE THERE!"  It sounds fantastic.   

On 4/20/2018 at 3:16 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Can't see it being broadcasted by UK TV channels unless the organization pays for it.

Don't know how it works in the UK - but, the reason it is called a "Public Service Announcement", at least here in the US, is because it get shown free of charge ... in other words, the maker of the announcement does not buy "advertising" space - however, the stations do not have to pay a fee to show it either

In the US all TV stations are required to play a minimum amount of public service announcements.

That does not unsure this one will be one of the ones they will choose to show ... there are a never ending supply of PSA's

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

In the USA, broadcast stations must devote a certain amount of "air-time" to public service (announcement, programming. etc).  Sometimes these type of presentations can help fulfill that obligation.  Back in the 1960's, we produced the 1/2 hour movie "Heritage" about teenagers.  It was released to TV stations for free to use in Public Service.  Quite a few stations did present the movie.  I got my copy out a few month's ago and watched it.  A trip down memory lane but it still highlighted the need for our young witnesses to take a stand and use their opportunities to help others.

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:16 PM, Jonathan77 said:

Can't see it being broadcasted by UK TV channels unless the organization pays for it.

I think you are right Brother Jonathan. Greedy TV Stations wont be interested in doing anything without pay. 

But another thought hit my grey-cells. Before they turned it down they had to view it. It would be interesting to know how many times that clip has been viewed on that particular page. For sure someone knows...  ??

Hebrews 10:25 …. encouraging one another...even more as you see the day drawing near.