JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What if? ...

Music : This old sick world has produced bad music but also very nice pieces out of sadness and despair, that resonate with us because we are also in this world.

It will be interesting to discover the production of the New World people, born in a perfect universe. At the beginning, there may be some difficulties between both group (Old worlders (us), and Paradise children), not being really able to appreciate both music and/or theme. But with love and perfection, and above all TIME, we will be able to play together.

Music is a special art form, it's the only one we know exist both in our physical realm and in the spirit one. Can you imagine hearing Angels singing? I hope we will be able to do that in the NW.

Food : It would be the same, wouldn't it? Of course, more delicious and without any chemicals in it.

Technology : With eternal life, no real need to go fast in technology. I don't think we would be on other planets. I guess we would be around our current level, maybe even lower. Upper than Amish though. Especially about communications.

Language and ethnic : One pure language. About ethnics, it's more difficult to guess. I'd say our better DNA would allow us to have more diversity, more hair/eye color per race... Well, we could not speak about race. But I mean, more blond/red hair + blue/green-eyed asian/african brothers and sisters (like the diversity we have in caucasian, but for all).

Entertainment : we can have entertainment now by playing cards and rolling dices. That's pretty basic and I can imagine something similar in a perfect world. But I get far more entertainment by learning about science stuff, for example, or by enjoying art, or simply discussing with brothers and sisters. I guess entertainment in a perfect world will/would be the same

Edited by Dages

18 minutes ago, Dages said:

I guess we would be around our current level, maybe even lower.

With perfect mind and cumulative knowledge ? hmm ..remember Jehovah had to stop unwanted progress at the tower of Babel.

Then Jehovah went down to see the city and the tower that the sons of men had built. 6 Jehovah then said: “Look! They are one people with one language, and this is what they have started to do. Now there is nothing that they may have in mind to do that will be impossible for them

I would say we would be much ..much more advanced right now. (clean technology)

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

But Babel was in Satan's world. We are talking about a world without Satan's influence. 

No death = no desire for indirect immortality by creating/doing stuff that make other people remember about you (and your people), like the Babel tower was about.

I don't see the technology growing really fast in a perfect world.

Same for paradise, we will have the remnant for our old world, but I don't think we will go up in technology really fast. We would make them cleaner at first, but not really a need for more power and / or speed... and / or functions.

9 hours ago, Precision said:

Image result for big bugs in new zealand

This old Chap...starting a new trend.  Maybe this should be in the beard thread !    :eek:

Now theres an idea for a new thread - one that hasn't been done to death - THE EYEBROW THREAD.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

Regarding language:

Yes, there was only one language up until Babel.  But was that going to always be Jehovah's plan for us?  Perhaps, but I was thinking of how language changes as people moved out to distant lands.  Even listening to the different English accents from former English colonies - they are all very different from 1600's English in Shakespeare's day.  English spoken in Britain, USA, Canada, New Zealand and Australia is very different.  So, the further you were from England, language accents peculiar to your area developed.  That is just one example of accents in one language group.  But similarly, over thousands of years, we would have had variations in languages and tongues as the population spread over the earth.

So,  I think rather than one language, we all will be able to converse in a multitude of languages, infinitely.  The potential is here even now.  People in Europe are multi-lingual, and Egyptians of European descent had at least 5 languages under their belt before they were all ousted in the 50's.  Also, some Africans can speak several languages, since the borders were arbitrarily set up by white colonialists for their own benefit, and not really according to tribes or language groups.

I think it would be rather boring with only one language, as language and culture and ethnicity go hand in hand.  Variety makes life more enjoyable!  The future is going to be anything but boring.

Housing would be still be incorporated into the earth, but integrated with some forms of non-harmful modern technology. We can store heat underground or in salt for months, our homes would be surrounded by thermal mass, and use cooling tube convection for air conditioning. We'd all be decomposing our old food and waste, and growing our own food.

Technology-wise, everything would be made of glass, vantablack-painted 3d-printed graphene, and... carbon nanotube transistors. :infatuated: