JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Sao Paulo high rise - fire and collapse

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2185 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/05/01/a-massive-fire-swept-through-a-sao-paulo-high-rise-leading-to-the-buildings-collapse/?utm_term=.895fd27443af

A massive fire ripped through a building in Sao Paulo early Tuesday, leaving at least one person dead.

The fire broke out about 1:30 a.m. As firefighters worked to contain the flames, chunks of fiery debris rained down. Hours after the blaze started, the building — stretching more than 20 stories — collapsed. Local station Globo TV captured the scene of crumbling floors.

The vacant locale once housed the federal police force, but was abandoned in 2009. Then squatters moved in; an Associated Press investigation last year found about 350 families living there. Local media suggested Tuesday that the number was closer to 50.

Sad, so many homeless.

Also, here is another example of a concrete and steal building that collapsed due to fire.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

7 hours ago, trottigy said:

Also, here is another example of a concrete and steal building that collapsed due to fire.

Oh no....not another 911 thread..:scared:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

8 hours ago, trottigy said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2018/05/01/a-massive-fire-swept-through-a-sao-paulo-high-rise-leading-to-the-buildings-collapse/?utm_term=.895fd27443af

Sad, so many homeless.

Sorry for the homeless, but let me be the first to state: it had to be a conspiracy. Everyone knows concrete and steel don't burn. It must be an effort by a certain political party to spread headlines in an effort to blindside his constituents to conceal probable crimes at the highest level. I will check with Glenn Beck, he will know! :deadhorse::bouncing::ecstatic:

This is a very serious topic and we should not take it at less than face value.

Going now for my role of aluminum foil, anyone have a hat pattern I can use? 

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

10 hours ago, Old said:

It must be an effort by a certain political party to spread headlines in an effort to blindside his constituents

can you speak plainly please 

I'm not that familiar with the back story of Brazil,  besides the extreme inequality I don't know a great deal about São Paulo.

Nice try, but I saw the video. That building didn't collapse perfectly into its own footprint, also it burnt out completely over the timespan of hours from bottom to top, and not just one corner of it. Besides that, the WTC buildings including building 7 were built according to completely different standards than an old squatter hut in a developing country.

Just sayin.

1 hour ago, ChocoBro said:

Nice try, but I saw the video. That building didn't collapse perfectly into its own footprint, also it burnt out completely over the timespan of hours from bottom to top, and not just one corner of it. Besides that, the WTC buildings including building 7 were built according to completely different standards than an old squatter hut in a developing country.

Just sayin.

I am not sure I would call 27 story tall building "an old squatter hut".

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

A 27 story squatter hut built from reinforced concrete and structural steel with non-structural walls. Does anybody remember what type of construction the WTC incorporated? :lol:

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

The WTC Twin Towers were a "skyscrapers"

Skyscrapers' walls are not load-bearing, and most skyscrapers are characterized by large surface areas of windows made possible by steel frames and curtain walls. However, skyscrapers can have curtain walls that mimic conventional walls with a small surface area of windows. Modern skyscrapers often have a tubular structure, and are designed to act like a hollow cylinder to resist wind, seismic, and other lateral loads.

So, the WTC buildings were essentially extremely tall chimneys that housed all sorts of flammable materials and furniture and then approx 25,000+ gallons of highly flammable jet fuel poured into them and set on fire when the planes crashed into them.

Actually, had the jets hit them closer to the ground they may not have caused as much damage.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Has anyone mentioned how The Lone Gunmen aired an episode about the WTC being hit by a plane 6 months before it happened?

:whistling:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D