JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

You think items are expensive to buy now?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2122 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This trade war with the US is going to ruin the economy in both countries. Everything will go up. Fuel food housewares cars bikes tools lumber drywall. Will all skyrocket if Trump keep this up. I hate to see it happen because it will hurt all of us. 

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/canada-could-expand-trade-retaliation-freeland-1.3956021

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritadi

If all else fails --- Play Dead Possum Lodge Moto -- Red Green

Thats my thought as well. Think about how much food we import from the US in the winter time. This could ruin both countries economy. 

Jehovah will sustain his people, whether it be with basic food, shelter or clothing or the strength to cope with whatever change of circumstances a change in the economy will bring any of us. In fact, we may be privileged to see him even more active in our lives as things deteroriate. It will be though as you said a hardship for many if not most ... even here in NZ petrol (gas) is forever going up - we are paying well over $2 a litre and more price increases on the way - it's making it very difficult for some to travel as they did. Groceries are very expensive and of poor quality unless you can afford the more expensive items. Rents are becoming beyond the means of many as are medical costs and doctors visits. 

To be expected though ... so all I can do on a very iimited income is continue to rely on Jehovah to help where our efforts fail - he has never failed me once in my life and I know he will help us to continue on course as long as we don't have high expectations from this system.

Many thoughts are with you all as you prepare for lifestyle changes and circumstances that ones may not be used to. 

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

That is for sure and on all our minds. There is nothing he cant do for us if it is needed. For sure our full reliance will be on him in the coming days. There is already so many that are in anguish about things that are happening "No way out"

This is, I am sure, one of the reasons why the F&DS are at the moment putting so much emphasis on keeping the worldwide congregations close, clean and harmonious. The time will soon come when we will need to rely on one another and stick together like glue on both spiritual and physical levels. It will be no time for anyone to be a reclusive little island! When under attack, there is always strength in numbers and unity of purpose. When we truely regard each other as brothers and sisters, there should be nothing we won’t give or share to help out a fellow family member in hard times. ( That’s also why we are encouraged to practice this now, by looking around our congregations and offering to do what we can to help those less fortunate than ourselves. Pioneers especially, often have a hard time making ends meet.)

There is an old Chinese Curse that is used sometimes. It doesn't sound like one but it is. May you live in interesting times.  If you think about it, it means if your living in interesting times you will see trouble and grief. We are living in interesting times for sure. The only thing we have that others don't is Jehovah in our corner fighting for us. I would not want to be in the "World" being faint out of fear. What a scary position to be in. 

I remember when the economy collapsed back in 2008, many people were thinking the end was near because things were so bad. @trottigy would state that things would have to get better first, or else how could the world have this feeling of 'peace and security'. He was right, and here we are with a booming economy.

The US and China have the biggest powerhouse economies on the planet if I recall correctly. This isn't likely to change. I don't expect another major economic meltdown before the end myself. I think we're at the end and world events are leading up to those final moments of this system of things. Things will appear all hunky-dory until Jehovah exercises judgment against false religion, and *then* things go bonkers.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

24 minutes ago, Dismal_Bliss said:

I remember when the economy collapsed back in 2008, many people were thinking the end was near because things were so bad. @trottigy would state that things would have to get better first, or else how could the world have this feeling of 'peace and security'. He was right, and here we are with a booming economy.

The US and China have the biggest powerhouse economies on the planet if I recall correctly. This isn't likely to change. I don't expect another major economic meltdown before the end myself. I think we're at the end and world events are leading up to those final moments of this system of things. Things will appear all hunky-dory until Jehovah exercises judgment against false religion, and *then* things go bonkers.

I'm 50/50 on a major economic meltdown, yeah sitting on the fence ... 707! .. It doesn't NEED to be a major meltdown for Jehovah to step in ... but whether the way things are being played out means there will be ... we shall see.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

2 hours ago, Greg Dent said:

Its heating up.

That video feels like watching the 10 horns of the wild beast all in one clip. I could see a similar new clip where they are giving their power and authority to the UN for "one hour"

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

We are paying $3.59 a gallon for gas. The cheap gas. I keep telling myself, “be glad that you can at least buy the gas.”. It is available, and, ar this point, I have the money for it. 

Same for food.

The tariff thing. I’m asking myself if this is the same man who pushed through that pipeline?  That comes from Canada, I think. It’s more then I can think about. 

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

We are paying  $4.86 a US gallon in ontario and that is at costco its more than that any other gas station. Out in BC its over $1.50 a liter. So $1.50 X 3.89= $5.84 a US Gallon 1 US gallon is 3.89 liters. 

Edited by Greg Dent

EU is retaliating against the US with more tariffs than they have ever had.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/european-union-tariffs-us-imports-agriculture-retaliation-donald-trump-eu/

Steel cranberries oranges and other products.